• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2000px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Camilla,_Duchess_of_Cornwall.svg.png

A MESSAGE FROM HIS MAJESTY, MAXIMILLIAN III of HOUSE BRIARLING, BY THE GRACE OF NAMID, KING OF MEDDLELAND AND ARDANS, DEFENDER of the REALM, GRAND DUKE of KANDON and KEEPER OF JUSTICE, to SUPERIUS XAVIER VII, the VICAR of NAMID ((king cruel) ((Private))​

Your Holiness,

Many years ago the Kings of Meddleland, following the call of your predecessors, has raised their swords against the heretics in Ardans, spending both human lifes and gold to let the true faith triumph in these lands. Now the country of the faithful is itself attacked by the heathen armies, who spill the blood of the children of Namid every day, who are holding Our beloved brother in chains and raiding Our country. For the first time after hundreds of years the enemies of the holy order dared to cross the border of the lands of Namid themselves - it must be noticed that Ardans was attacked, while we did not enter their boundaries, despite the claims of the so-called Marcher that this would not happen.

The Ardanish question is not only an issue for the Meddleland, but the issue for all faithful. Meddleland cannot carry this burden on its shoulders alone – and We ask for Your guidance and Your help, if the holy case is to be defended. Today We are humbly writing to you and asking the Church of Namid to provide us moral and material aid - namely, declare a new crusade against Ardans and provide us the services of the Order of Forgiven Knights, to which We would be ready to grant privileges and lands for their castles.

Your son in Namid,

MAXIMILLIANUS REX

2000px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Camilla,_Duchess_of_Cornwall.svg.png

A MESSAGE FROM HIS MAJESTY, MAXIMILLIAN III of HOUSE BRIARLING, BY THE GRACE OF NAMID, KING OF MEDDLELAND AND ARDANS, DEFENDER of the REALM, GRAND DUKE of KANDON and KEEPER OF JUSTICE, to HIS MAJESTY, HUGH BORDELON, BY THE GRACE OF NAMID, KING OF HENDAL, LORD OF BURNHEM AND PROTECTOR OF THE REALM ((Maxwell500) ((Private))​

My Great and August Brother,

We write to you to inform that the heretics, against all agreements, have crossed our border and invaded Our lands. Having concluded the Holy Alliance, we, the Kings ruling by divine grace, have hoped that it would prevent, at least, the spread of heathen power, if not would curb it totally – but we have underestimated the insolence of the unfaithful. Today we ask you, as an august brother, to assist us to repeal Ardans from our lands and put a stop to the growth of their might.

The iron hand of Hendal is strong, Our dear and august Brother, and You have proved its strength by Your triumph against the horseriding barbarians – today We ask you to demonstrate its strength against much more cunning and dangerous foes of Royalty and Namid.

Moreover, we have been informed that the leadership of the Company of the Iron Hand could be willing willing to lend Us their services, if Your Majesty would it appropriate, on conditions set by Your Majesty and leadership of Ironhands.

If Your Majesty would give us a hand of friendship, which our Alliance provides for, We would be forever grateful to You and always ready to stand by You in times of need, our Great and August Brother.

- MAXIMILLIANUS REX[/QUOTE]

Desroiscrest_zpsmlybpwhd.png

A letter to Michel Szabolcsi​

Dear Michel,

How fare affairs in Moraille? Your job as Regent is a hard one, I know, but I am confident you fare well. While most of us are in the field fighting the Meddish right now and while I'm sure you would have preferred to be here at this time, we are glad that you remained in the capital. News of the Dalmiran invasion just reached us and we need you to stall their offensive with the Reserve Army. The invading force numbers but 4000 men, but the King of Meddeland is as skilled a diplomat as he is a cruel overlord - expect more men to arrive.

I write you this letter to wish you luck as the vanguard against the treacherous Duke of the North. The people of Ardans and especially the brave men in Cirtirus are a patriotic bunch. They will proudly follow you into battle as not only their homes and our state are at stake, but their very freedom to worship Namid in the One True Way. Your defense of the homeland while we march is as vital as I am confident you will succeed. The Marcher did not leave you behind for lack of skills as General - no, as every single one of us you were born a fighter, ready to fight for your homeland, so fear not the outcome of this battle. As hero of Ardans, you shall defend the State, so help us Namid.

Do not worry about fighting on our sacred soil too much, nor pursue the enemy to grounds where he fights best. Revenge will be served - in fact, as we march, we will do unto the Meddish as they have for years done unto us. This treachery will not go unpunished.

Death to Kings! Glory to Ardans!

Haaken

The incessant autumn drizzle calm and elegantly drifted through the silhouette of the one eyed Duke, the constant sound of the water battling against black, heavy steel that involved almost his entire body. The scarlet tunic hanging above pure metal had been already soaked by the light rain. As his long hair absorbed the falling liquid, the effect only increased his vicious figure. The occasional cintilant bolt crossed the skies, leaving a roar of thousand lions in his trail.

The entire army stood silent in the front of the Duke, not a single soul dared to open their mouth. Knights, soldiers, mercenaries, zealots, everyone one of them would soon invite their share of violence to the evil heretics.

A pure warrior by nature, a Duke by the whims fate. The towering Grace barely took three steps forward, in the direction of the military formation. His lone left eye measured two or three soldiers in his immediate vicinity; a stare that could whiter the entire autumn fields of the south. Suddenly, his ebony gauntlet gently caressed the silver pommel in his scabard before pulling it like a ferocious murderer as he raised his sword hand to the skies; the silver blade stuck the aglomeration in awe.

Wiegraf's speech to the troops said:
For far too long the heretic Ardan rebels, a faux state, nothing more than foul aberration, had been ignored by the pious followers of the True faith. Petty lords of weak stature, who dare to style themselves with titles that were honored by the ancient heroes of legend, panic like a chicken with a dislocated neck when confronted with their holy duty to exterminate the heretic faith and it's followers to mere dust. The Duchy of Victorsburg and Foldgart, however, is lead and commanded by a true warrior of the true Faith, one which will, once and for all, bring absolute ruin and mysery to the Ardans and their petty followers!

This is no common war, this is a war where the very essence of the Ardans and their heretic faith must be shattered. A war where thirty thousand zealous followers of Namid will bring their sword to cut through the essence of evil!

Let's show them with the insignificant and weak meddish monarchy failed to do so, let's shown them what is a real war! There will be no prisoners, no negotiations, only victory or death!

My dear knights, soldiers and followers, let's exterminate this beast! No false priest shall be spared; impale them with your holy sword! If any heretic dare to strike against you, carve out their eyes and cut their tongues, take their women as your rightful bounty and give their children to the wolves, for the heretic is the spawn of evil! Destroy everything, loot their ganaries, burn their fields, tear down their temples and shatter their soul. Let's paint the green fields with scarlet blood, for this is the only way the heretics can redeem themselves; in blood!

For Namid!

For Namid! - Thirty thousand men roared with their weapons pointed to the skies, amidst lightining and thunder.

Last edited:
Official statement to the people of Ardans from Oligarch Michel Szabolcsi of Sevala, Steward and Regent of Ardans

Ardansians!

We are assaulted on all sides. As we fight for independence and freedom against oppressors who never cease, we are now invaded by the ravenous Dalmians. We have lived for decades under their heel, and they seek to return us to it, or worse, wipe us from the world. Never again can we be slaves to heretics! We fight only for peace, and to live free from the oppressive yoke of Meddeland, yet still we are invaded, because they hate our freedom, they hate our superior form of government, and they fear what our success would cause in their peoples. Though we have already seen many hard battles, and lost myriads of our kinsmen, I must once more ask for all good Ardansians to arm themselves, and prepare for battle, to defend your homes from the hordes of heretics that will descend upon us. If we do not stand together definitely, we will surely be crushed. We tried to make peace with the heretics, and promote trade and interaction, to convince them that war would benefit no one, but they have proven themselves nothing more than moronic cowards, driven by oppressive dogma that would see every man, woman, and child shackled to the slavery of feudalism. We have beaten one tyrannical King who sought to crush us, and we will do it again, through unity and strength.

Glory to Ardans! Death to Kings!

Haaken

While it pleases me that your campaign make progress, I must sorrowfully inform you that not only have we been invaded in the north, but in the south as well, by Duke Wiegraf with 30,000 men if the rumors speak true. I will rally the people to form militia groups to resist, but we will need trained soldiers to defeat the Duke's host, and I fear he will not be the last to assault the sovereignty of our land. I would gladly march north to crush the heretic invasion, if there was not now a larger force to the south. We must rely on the militia to wear down there armies, and buy time to see to the return of your forces, and those of Marcher dan Vant.

Namid protect us all.

-Michel Szabolcsi

Orders:
1. Throw Benjamin Brierling back into the dungeons
2. Rally the Militia across Ardans to harass the invading armies and deny them food and shelter by spreading word of the invasion and calling on citizen's patriotic duty to defend themselves from heretic oppressors.
3. Ask for donations from the citizens of cities to support Ardans in these trying times.

Decree From Igskada

c6f93edb0fbc17dd3ad1db98d18e1b50

House Riosh

Lords of Igskada
To War!

I, Duke Ethan Riosh have been called into the holy war on Ardans, bound by oaths and honour, to defeat the enemies of the faith.
Who among you will take up this holy call?

~ Ethan Riosh
Duke of Igkada​

af908d42f361fd968246eb074565841a

House Greenfield

House Greenfield will pledge swords to this holy cause.

Namid grant us victory.

~ Ryck Greenfield,
Baron of Greenfield​

393a7eeb72e2e80ffd56b5e4127898bb

House Vreburg

House Vreburg will honour a loan to the Duke.

For Namid. For victory.

~Ivar Vreburg,
Steward of Igskada, Baron of Greenway

5a35aed56a38cb7eae824ef7b0f0ef69

House Dolos

The County of Fridal will answer the Duke's call. Swords will be pledged to this cause, under the skilled leadership of my cousin Alki of Dolos.

For God. For Kings. For Country.

~ Edon Dolos,
Chancellor of Igskada, Count of Fridal

4afd9e0b846112fadd3ed213083e46e6

House Eadesrick

I march to war at my liege's side.

~Ser Bertran Eadesrick

Last edited:
Pw03wMe.png

SUMUS THESAURUM

It is not shocking to see that our neighbors have decided to descend upon us in our times of grief, my proud city of Cirtirus and I have fought against the vile enemy dukes, not allowing them to bare foot on Ardans or break the will that we created to protect ourselves.

While I am in a state of worry for the future of our country, I will not rush to poorly thought out ideas that may come to my mind, and as such, I will use the renowned Nemeront treasury and wealth, which my family has worked and fought to keep for centuries, I am sure that my ancestors would have without doubt used it in times which our state needs us. Therefore, I hereby announce that if the Dalmiran dukes do not restrain themselves from disrupting our Ardans national unity, Cirtirus and all of it's surrounding territories will be placed in a recruitment phase and martial law, the patriots will have a chance to show their loyalty to us.

May God grant us power against the heretics and the greedy, and may he help every Ardan man and woman in these times of necessity, may he keep them strong and proud, Ardans has never bowed down to it's fiends, and it will certainly not do so now.

Aro Nemeront, Oligarch of Cirtirus
Minister of Trade
NEMERONT

((No time for IC.))

Orders:
Reassess trade flow in and out of Hendal, like last season.

Search through the budget and the treasury for any corruption, bribery, etc. Pull that out by the roots. Executions are fine.

((No time for IC.))

Search through the budget and the treasury for any corruption, bribery, etc. Pull that out by the roots. Executions are fine.

Henry begins to panic when he hears rumors about the Lord Chancellor's potential anti-corruption probe

((You sure you want to do that? :laugh:))

Orders:
1.Dwaler will convince the Superius that all who join the forgiven knights will have everything they want after the rebirth, he will spread this news all over the continent
2. Dwaler will train his men

((As a reminder, there's now a little less than 12 hours left to get orders in.))

Hint: The Skyseekers are a shadowy cult that believe if you follow their doctrine you will go to a paradise in the sky when you die.

Orders
Talinus Blackgate continue his training in swordplay and continues his studies on leadership
Talinus joins Riverwatch
Talinus Blackgate tries to garner more support again for a military academy

96XJpLe.png

Letter to His Holiness Superius Xavier VII
(Private)

Your Holiness, — It is for me a source of great relief to have read your letter confirming that Namid will not condemn me on account of my inability to fulfil the cherished obligations of our faith. Amongst the many rights and freedoms of which I have been deprived — the comforts of home, the customs of the Meddish court, and all manner of princely privileges — being separated from the sacraments and rituals of our religion is the most difficult to bear. Not only do the Ardans reject the doctrine of the purity of blood, but in their ignorance prevent those who hold the one true faith from worshiping Namid in the holy and singular fashion acceptable to the Almighty: that is, in the manner approved by Victorsburg.

I have heard the Ardans soldiers, who stand guard at the door of my quarters in the fortress at Moraille, utter such blasphemy against Your Holiness, against the one true Church, and against Namid, the All-Powerful. I am often moved to the only recourse available to me: to pray that Namid may show these men mercy or bring them to justice.

Yet, Your Holiness, it is the comrades of these heretics who march triumphantly against the cities of Meddeland, securing victory in the field and putting cities to the sword. It is this state of affairs which raises concerns in my mind, and it is on this subject that I require your guidance. Does Namid love the faithful so little that the heretic should be given crown and sceptre to rule over us? It is said, “if Namid is for us, who can be against us,” but, Your Holiness, how do we reconcile our confidence in Namid with the string of victories secured by the heretics against Namid’s pious people? For myself, I continue to hold fast to the belief that it is on occasion the way of Namid to elevate wicked men to such heights so that their inevitable fall may be greater, serving as an example to all that Namid will not be mocked.

Your Faithful Prince,
H.R.H Benjamin Briarling, Prince of Agarre
Agarre

((Private))
To Prince Benjamin of Agarre

I am happy to see you're coping with your situation albeit truly horrible being separated from one's religion, family and way of life, even worse I've seen them attempt to use you as a bargaining point against your family and Nation, can they sink any lower? Stay strong child and be patient for Namid.

The problem is not that Namid loves his faithful too little, the problem is or the situation rather is that he loves greatly, he loves both the faithful and the unfaithful, because he is their creator and father. But Caex, the one who has managed to turn away some of Namid's faithful from him and made them disloyal and unfaithful, he does not cater for the good and safety of Namid's creation, the sooner we're all destroyed the happier he will be. And so he uses Namid's creation against itself, using the few he control to mercilessly strike down those he does not. With great pain and sadness Namid once before had to give the order to strike down the unfaithful to the faithful so as to prevent the growing power of Caex and now I am afraid he may have to do it again. I myself really do hope that the unfaithful disobeyers realise that they are being controlled and come to their senses before it is too late​

Brother

Orders
1. High Chancellor Vasa orders that the roads in the King's Domain be linked with those recently built in Igskada to facilitate greater trade between the regions. He also orders that a small toll be established for the road, to be split between the crown and the duke of Igskada.

2. With the king gone leading his army, the High Chancellor takes the opportunity to clear the king's relatives and friends out of household roles, replacing them with people who actually know what they are doing.

Orders
March troops east through the country (through the South), to get as far East to the Eastern front war as possible.
Send prospectors to try and find good places in the mountain passes to build a castle, and the relevant cost of building there.

Sofia walked through the streets of Victorsburg and caught the eye of a guardsman she knew. He smiled and waved and she gave him a quick wave back. She had become well known by the guards after she had helped with the crackdown on crime. She had shown them how to spot hideouts and how to track down fences and other black market dealers who were usually willing to sell out a few of their clients under pressure. She had kept some of her secrets to herself, of course. There was no point in telling them everything and making herself easy to catch later.

She reflected in the past half a year and its implications. She wasn't sure how Duke Wiegraf had found her in Stolgen or even why he had any interest in her. She was a dime a dozen thief and he could've found a thousand people just like her in Victorsburg if he wanted. But early in the year she was given a letter that offered her a job working with Duke Wiegraf. He had offered her a place to stay, training, and a steady salary. Why did he want her to learn how to fight. She drew the short sword that she carried from her scabbard and looked at it. The small and slender blade was new and looked sharp and deadly. Was he going to ask me to assassinate someone with this? Could she be an assassin? She had seen enough death in her time to be used to it but even still. There was something unnerving abut the thought of sneaking up on someone and stabbing them right through the heart.

She sighed and returned the sword to its scabbard. Another guardsman caught her eye and nodded. She didn't recognize him but she probably stuck out like a sore thumb in the city with her ratty cape and leather brigandine. She had never given much thought to wars, diplomacy, and politics before she was hired by the duke. She still never gave them much thought, except about how they would affect her. The duke had just proclaimed that he was going to lead an army to invade Ardans. She had no idea how that affected her. Was she expected to fight with his army?

Her answer came later that day when she arrived home. A letter was waiting for her on the table. She opened it and read its contents and her eyes opened wide. She couldn't believe that he was asking her to do this. She had never led men before and now she was expected to lead a force in his army. Sure, it was just some scouts. But the idea of leading men, the possibility of battle, and the fear of death were coursing through her. She put the letter down and sat in her bed. She had taken this job as a path to wealth and power and now she was asked to fight. If that's what she had to do, that's what she had to do.

ORDERS:
Sofia will command the light cavalry acting as outriders, as explained by Wiegraf's orders.

Orders:

A marriage between Duke Henry's sister Anna to the Duke of Erdheim and Rotzen.

Henry Stolgen will travel his duchy, meeting with the local mayors and nobility in hopes of further impressing them and securing their loyalty

f4snlFC.png

Crusade Declaration:
Many have come to me, complaining about the heretics and their crimes, their brutality and the pain they are unleashing upon good faithful Namidist. I am afraid it as come to the point where I can no longer ignore it and must take action. After speaking with Namid for five days he has given the order to rightfully strike down the disobedient and set free is poor children who has been mislead by them and forced down the wrong path. A path chosen by Caex and not Namid.

So, I hereby Declare a Crusade on Ardan to take control from the lying serpent tongued men who rule over it and grant it to the King of Meddleland, rightful king of Ardan, who will grant Desrios and the surrounding area to the Superiacy and reward those who take part. Additionally those who take part will receive purity and healing from Namid not only for themselves, but their family, finally the Superiacy will aid those who need help as much as it can during and after the Crusade.
I would also like to take the opportunity to tell all Crusaders that they should try their best and avoid bringing harm to any innocent unarmed bystander, faithful or unfaithful.

To the sons of Namid:
A great man approached me with the idea of creating an army of men who would serve Namid and only Namid in battle, that man now request that all who are loyal to Namid come forth and give their strength. Do not be discouraged from joining, for not only will those who join be rewarding in this life with food and purity, they and their families' will be guaranteed a position in the afterlife amongst the great Namid.

Orders
1. Declare Crusade and ask all Namidist faithful rulers to join
2. Have Dwaller mobilise all the men he has and can find and take orders from the King of Meddleland, unless they are against Namid and the Superiacy and the Forgiven Knights
3. Convince men to join the Forgiven Knights by having Monks print and post posters and delivering messages to other churches and towns

Last edited: