• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 1.3 - Ice Boots

I touched down on Gargalenn only to be met with a hurl of throwing spears. I had been one of the last to disembark so the threat wasn’t as great, yet still the sight of all the Reashperds dead shook him to his core. This wasn’t supposed to be a hard mission! It was supposed to be something where you shoot ‘em and go! Yet here were so many dead Reashperd bodies.
Some Reashperd yelled, “Don’t step on the ice! It’ll make you slip!”
Oh. So that’s why there were so many bodies.
‘Say, I could think of a dozen good names for this battle!’ I thought as I shot my Laser Cannon, killing a primitive, ‘Battle of the Landing Pod, Battle of the Dead Reashperds, Battle of the Red Ice, yes! That’s the one!’
An arrow grazed the side of my left horn. I’m lucky, a few inches to the right and I’d be paralyzed. I shoot at where the arrow came from, killing another Gargassi soldier.
“Gatkernisplumbo!” I think I hear a primitive say, clearly signaling a retreat.
“Don’t let them get away!” I hear my commander say.
Hundreds of Reashperds rush forward onto the ice in pursuit, only for all of us to fall flat on our bums in the ice, firing a few more shots as the last 10-20 soldiers of the Vloaskkec Empire escape.

“I have good news!” Exclaims Commander Sert ov’Bemissa, “Our engineers have been able to fashion makeshift Ice Boots from the metal walls of this shuttle. We shall now with these boots march into the Nallken Kingdom and deal death to any more warriors who oppose this grand liberation! Come now, soldiers, to victory!”
With this proclamation, Sert ov’Bemissa begins walking on the ice without slipping. I strap on the ice boots and begin to follow him.

We march upon the ice for a few hours until we come upon an ice hill. Behind the hill, Commander Sert ov’Bemissa motions for us to stop. We take up sniper positions behind the hill, for behind it are the combined armies of the Nallken Kingdom and what remains of the Vloaskkec Empire. Not just that, but the King of the Nallken Kingdom and the Empress of the Vloaskkec Empire are with them.
“I want the Vloaskkec Empress alive, kill everyone else,” Sert ov’Bemissa whispers.
We take up positions.
“Fire!”

We begin to shoot everywhere. The armies of the Nallken Kingdom and the Vloaskkec Empire don’t know what hit them. The Nallken King looks shocked before I shoot him in the head. Within a matter of minutes, everyone except the Vloaskkec Empress is dead. We rush forward from behind the hill, Laser Cannons pointed at the Empress. Using some kind of weird sign language, we’re able to drag her back to the landing pod. The highest prisoner of all.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 1.4

The invaders have succeeded remarkably quickly. I wonder if a resistance movement will emerge?