• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Todor said:
Looks very good. :)

However, is the construction with a double Gjon II (one dormant, the other not) necessary?

I do so to make the ingame journal make more sense when I look at the monarchlist. But if we're really running short on id's I'd be happy to amend that.

So I'll give a week for fellow modders & HC members to state their preference (double Gjon II or not) & either change or submit as it is sometime next week.

Aylo1

aylo1 said:
I do so to make the ingame journal make more sense when I look at the monarchlist. But if we're really running short on id's I'd be happy to amend that.
Each country has 300 ids for monarchs and 200 for leaders. Don't worry about that.

To me, it makes more sense otherwise, but as long as it works, we shouldn't mind. ;)

Additionally, I wanted to suggest extending Hassan Bey's reign to 1468, in (the rare) case Skanderbeg is not awoken.

I have a problem with fortress command in this event:
Code:
#(1444) The Gathering at Lesh
event = {
	id = 104005
	random = no
	country = ALB
	name = "EVENTNAME104005" #The Gathering at Lesh
	desc = "EVENTHIST104005"
	#-#

date = { day = 3 month = march year = 1444 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME104005A" #Elect Skanderbeg
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -100 }
		[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]command = { type = fortress which = 361 value = 1 } #Kruja is reinforced# #Albania[/COLOR]
		command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 1 } #Janissary system incorporated within the army
		command = { type = cash value = 200 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 12 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 } #The Albanian principalities unite
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 10 } #Albania fights against the muslim hordes
		command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 5000 } #Albanian princes give their armies for Skanderbeg to command
	}
}
#-#On March 1st, 1444, the Cathedral of St. Nicholas at Lesh was crowded with a motley throng. From every corner of the territory the princes had come in picturesque array. Among them was the representative of the Republic of Venice, intent on learning what this unusual gathering would accomplish, and at the same time mindful to steer the deliberations in a direction that would benefit only the Most Serene Republic. Those present gave their unreserved support to the immediate creation of a League of Albanian Princes – a feat that for years had seemed beyond the realms of possibility. George Kastrioti was unanimously elected as its Leader and as Commander of the joint armies. He was offered an annual revenue of two hundred thousand ducats for military requirements. Skanderbeg had also always admired the Janissary system of the Turks and used the same doctrine for the Albanian army.

Albania will build a lvl2 fortress as soon as possible before 1444 and this event will end with lvl 3 fortress in Albania. Because of support level of only 10, sieging province becomes really hard and costly even for OE at land 5. Is it wad?

YodaMaster said:
Albania will build a lvl2 fortress as soon as possible before 1444 and this event will end with lvl 3 fortress in Albania. Because of support level of only 10, sieging province becomes really hard and costly even for OE at land 5. Is it wad?

As the Ottomans did have a hard time subjugating the Albanians, I think it is wad. The siege will last long, but as soon as they are sieging, Albania is most likely doomed - at least, I have very rarely seen Albania surviving much longer than it did historically.

Yes, Albania is doomed in this case. Problem arises with following event:
Code:
#(1443-1468) The Betrayal of Iskanday Bey
event = {
	id = 301026
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 361 data = -1 }
		atwar = yes
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301026" #The Betrayal of Iskandar Bey
	desc = "EVENTHIST301026"
	#-#

date = { day = 11 month = november year = 1443 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 17 month = january year = 1468 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301026A" #We will have our revenge!
		command = { type = independence which = ALB }
		command = { type = trigger which = 104004 } #ALB: Albanian Independence
	}
}
#-#In 1443, during the battle against the Hungarians of Hunyadi in Nish (in present day Serbia), he abandoned the Ottoman Army and captured Kruja, his father's seat in middle Albania. Above the castle he rose the Albanian flag, a red flag with the black double-headed eagle, the present-day Albanian flag, and pronounced to his countrymen the famous words: 'I have not brought you liberty, I found it here, among you'.

If this event fires after 1444 and after Albania was costly conquered with already build lvl3 fortress, OE will have to conquer it another time... at same high cost due to attrition and IA will not try to assault or even blockade port.

Full reworked sequence:
Code:
#(1443 [COLOR=Yellow]or 1443-1468[/COLOR]) Albanian Independence
event = {
	id = 104004 [COLOR=Yellow]#also triggered by TUR_301026[/COLOR]
	trigger = { vassal = { country = TUR country = ALB } }
	random = no
	country = ALB
	name = "EVENTNAME104004" #Albanian Independence
	desc = "EVENTHIST104004"
	#-#

date = { day = 11 month = november year = 1443 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME104004A" #I have not brought you liberty, I found it here, among you
		command = { type = religion which = orthodox }
		command = { type = conversion which = 361 } #In case Hassan was naughty# #Albania
		command = { type = breakvassal which = TUR }
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 03001 } #Hassan Bey
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 03002 } #Gjergj Skanderbeg Kastrioti
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 03300 } #Skanderbeg (ALB)
		command = { type = stability value = 3 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = fortress which = 361 value = 1 } #Kruja is reinforced# #Albania[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#In 1443, during the battle against the Hungarians of Hunyadi in Nish (in present day Serbia), he abandoned the Ottoman Army and captured Kruja, his father's seat in middle Albania. Above the castle he rose the Albanian flag, a red flag with the black double-headed eagle, the present-day Albanian flag, and pronounced to his countrymen the famous words: 'I have not brought you liberty, I found it here, among you'.

Code:
#(1444) The Gathering at Lesh
event = {
	id = 104005
	random = no
	country = ALB
	name = "EVENTNAME104005" #The Gathering at Lesh
	desc = "EVENTHIST104005"
	#-#

date = { day = 3 month = march year = 1444 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME104005A" #Elect Skanderbeg
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -100 }
		[COLOR=Red]command = { type = fortress which = 361 value = 1 } #Kruja is reinforced# #Albania[/COLOR]
		command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 1 } #Janissary system incorporated within the army
		command = { type = cash value = 200 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 12 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 } #The Albanian principalities unite
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 10 } #Albania fights against the muslim hordes
		command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 5000 } #Albanian princes give their armies for Skanderbeg to command
	}
}
#-#On March 1st, 1444, the Cathedral of St. Nicholas at Lesh was crowded with a motley throng. From every corner of the territory the princes had come in picturesque array. Among them was the representative of the Republic of Venice, intent on learning what this unusual gathering would accomplish, and at the same time mindful to steer the deliberations in a direction that would benefit only the Most Serene Republic. Those present gave their unreserved support to the immediate creation of a League of Albanian Princes – a feat that for years had seemed beyond the realms of possibility. George Kastrioti was unanimously elected as its Leader and as Commander of the joint armies. He was offered an annual revenue of two hundred thousand ducats for military requirements. Skanderbeg had also always admired the Janissary system of the Turks and used the same doctrine for the Albanian army.

YodaMaster said:
I need some more tests but landtech 3 seems already sufficient for OE in 1419 (and OE reaches 5 around 1460, long before any other Latin).

Anyway, when Albania is at war against OE, Skanderbeg is a real killer! :eek:
Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 03300 }
	category = monarch
	name = "Skanderbeg"
	startdate = {
		year = 1442
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 17

month = january
		year = 1468
	}
	rank = 0
	movement = 5
	fire = 5
	shock = 5
	siege = 0
	dormant = yes
}
Isn't 5/5/5 too much?
Hard to tell, as the Wiki article isn't much to go by. There were few pitched battles fought in this mountainious land, and that was also his tactics, since the Ottomans were far more numerous. AFAIK he didn't fight many high value opponents, but still I wouldn't put him lower than 4-4-4. We could try a Hussite style AI for Albania, that makes them return back home every time their province is sieged, and not go far astray for new provinces. That might help some.

Further amendments for monarchlist..

Replace

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 03000 }
	name = "Gjon I Kastrioti"
	startdate = { year = 1407 }
	deathdate = {
		year = 1442
	}
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 7
	dormant = no
}

with

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = xxxx }
	name = "Albanian Princes"
	startdate = { year = 1407 }
	deathdate = {
		year = 1442
	}
	DIP = 2 #6
	ADM = 3 #6
	MIL = 6 #7 warred against each other
	dormant = no
	remark = "replaces Gjon I Kastrioti."
}

Cause he ruled alongside the below

*Gjergj Arianti
*Andrea Topia\Thopia
*Teodor Muzaka\Mushati
*Nikolle Dagjini
*Pal Dukagjini
*Gjergj Stres Balsha
*Crnojevics of Zeta

& Albania was more tribal till Skanderbeg united them anyway. We could add btwn 1433-36 Gjergj Arianti who led a anti-TUR revolt, IMHO it'd be better done as an event.

Also like to replace;

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 03013 }
	name = "Gjergj II"
	startdate = {
		year = 1752
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1779
	}
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 7
	dormant = no
	remark = "Georgio Castriota. Last Barone di San Demetrio, San Cosmo e Macchia."
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 03014 }
	name = "Guxim"
	startdate = {
		year = 1779
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 25
		month = march
		year = 1822
	}
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
	remark = "Ferdinando Castriota."
}

with..

Code:
#----------------------------#
# House of Bushati 1757-1831 #
#----------------------------#
historicalmonarch = {
	name = "Mehmed Bey Bushati*"
	startdate = {
		year = 1757
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1785 #sometime before
	}
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Pasha of Shkoder."
}
historicalmonarch = {
	name = "Kara Mahmud*"
	startdate = {
		year = 1785
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1796 #killed by SER
	}
	DIP = 6 #played HAB, RUS & TUR
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 7 #warlike
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Pasha of Shkoder. Above's son."
}
historicalmonarch = {
	name = "Ibrahim Pasha*"
	startdate = {
		year = 1796
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1810 
	}
	DIP = 3
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 3 #peaceful
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Pasha of Shkoder. above's brother. TUR vassal"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	name = "Mustafa*"
	startdate = {
		year = 1810
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1831 #Surrendered to TUR forces
	}
	DIP = 4 #nominal TUR vassal
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 5 #fought GRE revolutionaries & renegade Pashas for TUR
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Pasha of Shkoder."
}

whom more or less ruled northern Albania under nominal rule of TUR (in EU2 terms I'd say a vassal) during the decline of TUR around the Revolutionary Era with Osman ??? in Bulgaria & Ali Pasha 'Lion of Ioannia' in W Greece & S Albania.

aylo1 said:
Replace "Gjon I Kastrioti" with "Albanian Princes"

Yes, why not. One could also think about an event ("The warring princes") to reduce Gjon's stats, but I don't know which one would be more correct.

Also like to replace; [...]

Having real monarchs is always better than fantasy ones. On the other hand, those fantasy ones were mostly designed for a human player - if he managed to overcome Ottoman dominance. So it would be very odd to suddenly have your Christian dynasty replaced with Turkish Muslim rulers if you already established an Albanian greater power completely independent of the OE. So, I like your monarchs - but we should think about an event in which they can be chosen over the default ones, perhaps depending on vassalage status or country size.

Todor said:
Yes, why not. One could also think about an event ("The warring princes") to reduce Gjon's stats, but I don't know which one would be more correct.

...we should think about an event in which they can be chosen over the default ones, perhaps depending on vassalage status or country size.

Good idea, Thx. I'll try think of something. Ditto with BUL aswell.

PS If there's anyone familiar with this period of TUR hist, pls pt me to some useful info :)

this event below leads to bad times for the OE , due to , option a choice, breaks the existing alliance with OE

#The Death of Gjon Kastrioti#
event = {
id = 301025
random = no
country = TUR
name = "EVENTNAME301025" #The Death of Gjon Kastrioti"
desc = "EVENTHIST301025"
#-#In 1442 while Skanderbeg was fighting under the banner of Sultan Murat II, his father Gjon died. The death of this valiant Albanian Prince induced the Sultan to occupy, without losing time, this region also, thus adding more territory to his conquests. Georg Kastrioti, undoubtedly the ablest of the sons of Gjon was islamized; the other three sons were of no value whatsoever, and Murat II therefore bequeathed the principality to an Albanian renegade named Hassan Bey, who in a short time betrayed his country by putting the entire domain under the rule of the Crescent Moon.

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME301025A" #Put Hassan Bey in command
command = { type = vassal which = ALB }
command = { type = trigger which = 104002 } #ALB: The Rule of Hassan Bey
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME301025B" #Take direct control
command = { type = addcore which = 361 } #Albania
command = { type = inherit which = ALB }
}
}

need to either add an alliance command for option a

or better

is to replace the vassal with inherit albania, and then in 1443 albania regains indepence , already an event for this in agceep

Event to correspond with proposed changed monarchs. Don't think we should include any 'Gjergj Arianti Uprising' Event as all my simulations get me annexed by SER or TUR long before the hist 1470s.

Sifting through some inconsistant dates\data for latter 'Bushati' dynasty. Try have something done soon. :wacko:

Code:
#(1420-40) Warring Princes
#By Aylo1 - based on suggestion by Todor
event = {
	id = 104008
	random = no
	country = ALB
	name = "EVENTNAME104008" #Warring Princes 

desc = "EVENTHIST104008"
	#-#Prior to the emergence of Skanderbeg, Albania was ruled by independent feudal lords. With names including Gjon Kastrioti, Gjergj Arianti, Andrea Topia, Teodor Muzaka, Nikolle Dagjini, Pal Dukagjini, Gjergj Stres Balsha & the Crnojevics of Zeta, each persued their clan's agenda - often at the expense of a rival. Constant feuding helped the Turks reduce them to vassalage, but some like Gjergj Arianti fought back (1433-36) whereas others like Skanderbeg's father Gjon Kastrioti accepted Ottoman suzerainty & sent their sons as hostages to the Sultan.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
	offset = 365
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1440 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME104008A" #Settle our differences
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = -1 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 } 
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -25 } #:(
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = -2 } #truce
		command = { type = DIP which = 1 value = 36 } #one voice
		command = { type = treasury value = -50 } 
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = manpower value = 10 } #prep for war with Turk
		command = { type = land value = 100 } 
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME104008B" #My lands come first
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 2 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -3 } #no unity
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 6 } #quarrels
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 5 } #:)
		command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 36 }
		command = { type = MIL which = 1 value = 36 } #more warlike
		command = { type = stability value = -3 } #civil war
		command = { type = treasury value = 50 } #loot
		command = { type = revolt which = 361 } 
		command = { type = revolt which = 361 } 
	}
}

YodaMaster said:
For inheritance, ALB should be informed for a player to be able to refuse. Vassalization + Alliance seems better to me.

i will try with an alliance command for option a, but i prefered the ols system where OE inherited ALB (and all their troops) and then ALB got independence a year later