• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's his aar. And I like it so far.:)

You cheated for state who divided europe on loyal puppet states and just must finish off France for total gegemony?How you will play for third reich from default DH?
PS
Im play in kaiserreich more than 3 years,but i never played as German empire.Because its just overpowered terminator for new players

Part 4: The Tightening Noose

In the aftermath of the Black Monday, we were looking for any methods to strengthen our economic situation. Loans were called in (for all the good it did, as countries simply were often unable to pay them), commodity stockpiles were added to even further, and taxes were (temporarily) raised. We were even resorting to selling non-essential colonial possessions:

As_R_26.png

After some deliberation, His Majesty decided on selling the island to the Greeks. Despite the our fairly close relations with the Ottomans, the majority of the population is Greek and none of us wanted to sew the seeds for a future conflict that we couldn't control. Besides, the Ottoman Empire was, at the time, known as "The Terminally Ill Man of Europe".

In the Americas, that summer bought an end to the most heavily-contested election in the history of the Brazilian Republic. The result surprised even us:

As_R_27.png

Initially, we weren't exactly sure of what to think of Plínio Salgado and his Integralists. His Majesty was and remained very suspicious of them to his grave.
However, as time went on, Integralist Brazil became our closest (and only) ally in the Americas.

Later that month, the Koreans approached us with an offer in order to weaken Japan:

As_R_28.png

While it was a tempting offer for many in the military (these same parties also pushing the government), His Majesty was more skeptical: The balance of power in Asia was already precarious and
and a new, possibly syndicalist player on the stage would not help matters in the least. Personally, I never had time for the Koreans, so I (along with a few others) sided with the Kaiser.

While the eyes of the world were on the Brazilian election, another vote closer to home sent alarm throughout High Command, our intelligence services, and the people in general:

As_R_29.png

It seemed that the decision of the Swedish king to allow the radical parties to participate in the election came back to bite them. It certainly came back to bite us. As for the actions of the new Prime Minister Hoglund and his government, our intelligence services were (unlike with the election results) less-than-surprised:

As_R_30.png

The saving grace was Stockholm began (at least at that point) began to pursue a policy of neutrality: The Internationale having free access to the Baltic would have been disastrous for us and probably would have cost us the war. Still, our contingency planners went back to their drawing boards to plan a massive amphibious invasion.

In spite of the red tide sweeping Europe, on September 14th, 1936, one development gave us hope that the madness could be contained:

As_R_31.png

The Americans, with all their love of "freedom" and "democracy" did the unthinkable and invited the military to step in and control the America First and IWW, the junta under the command of General Douglas MacArthur. Fine man, that MacArthur. Had the courage to do what needed to be done even (especially) when it wasn't popular. But that's beside the point: Our foreign office immediately began to repair relations with the Americans, hoping that they would find common cause with the Brazilians against the reds. As fanciful as it would have been, we would have preferred to see a monarchy in the USA, but we recognized that a military dictatorship friendly to us was about as close as we were going to get.

Ever since the Black Monday, Poland had been in a state of chaos, with the stability of the regency being in serious doubt. When the government finally did collapse, most of us expected the revanchist nationalists to take over the country. However, as in accordance with our luck at the time, this was not to be:

As_R_32.png

While annoyed and disappointed, none of us were overly surprised. The Poles had been becoming increasingly intransigent towards us (after we released them after the Weltkrieg!) and this turn of events gave an excuse to bring Warsaw back under our watchful eye.

I am really enjoying this AAR, but I must still support my comrades, so...

GO GET'EM FRANCE! CRUSH THE IMPERIALSITS! EUROPE SHALL BE RED BY THE END OF THIS AAR, GERMAN SCUM!

[video=youtube;vbqAgbA-emk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqAgbA-emk[/video]

I guess CSA takes over in US since you mention only Brazil is your ally in the New World.

I think we should be wary to make any assumptions. For all we know the AUS could pull off the impossible, win the war, and side with the Entente Cordiale. Furthermore, the US could win and do the same or go isolationist.

You cheated for state who divided europe on loyal puppet states and just must finish off France for total gegemony?How you will play for third reich from default DH?
PS
Im play in kaiserreich more than 3 years,but i never played as German empire.Because its just overpowered terminator for new players

My dissent was getting too high and I wanted to clear up some space for production: I was looking more towards what was to come after France.

I am really enjoying this AAR, but I must still support my comrades, so...

GO GET'EM FRANCE! CRUSH THE IMPERIALSITS! EUROPE SHALL BE RED BY THE END OF THIS AAR, GERMAN SCUM!

I could do a German Union/red Prussia AAR. Although the result may not end up to your liking.;)

Is this really just bad luck? Ah, the more enemies, the better.

No, I modified the probability for the red revolution event chains for a number of countries to happen.

Last edited:
Part 5: Ami, Please Stay Home

On November 5th, 1936, the situation with the USA reached a boiling point:

As_R_33.png

Apparently, MacArthur's crackdowns on the IWW and America First had driven a good deal of the populace had driven many Americans (motivated no doubt with promises of "liberty", "fraternity" and "equality") into the arms of the former, which proclaimed the Combined Syndicates of America. While the Pacific States of America and American Union State were also belligerents in the conflict, the prospect, however remote, of a red United States, was a terrifying one to us. His Majesty ordered anything we could spare to the MacArthur regime. We even sent pilots and aircraft (known as the Legion Falke) to Washington.

However, His Majesty was not completely inflexible:

As_R_34.png

Not wanting to put all of our eggs in one basket, His Majesty ordered also support also sent to the American Union State. Personally, I was uncomfortable with such perfidy, as it reminded me uncomfortably of the (exiled and red) British, however, I did see the use of it.

Shortly after war was officially declared by the renegade states, our intelligence apparatus in North America bought us some good news: The Pacific States were completely unprepared and (for the most part) unwilling to fight a long war with Washington and MacArthur wasn't willing to take away troops from fighting the reds and America First. The peace negotiations, while hurried, were successful:

As_R_35.png

With the Pacific Armed Forces integrated into the US Army, many of us became overconfident about the situation with the Americans. I, being more pessimistic, was not one of them.

But the CSA's fortunes, already turning upward, continued to improve:

As_R_36.png

With Chicago now in control of the Mid Atlantic states and New York, the reds were now able to easily able to receive shipments from their comrades abroad. While His Majesty ordered a fleet deployed to the Atlantic in order to keep the CSA from getting any ideas and possibly interdict some of the shipments, the damage was already done as we would learn in the coming days.

In Russia, our intelligence apparatus discovered something, while extremely inconvenient for us, surprised few:

As_R_37.png

Despite the extreme difficulty of doing so, Bukharin's government was already using the CSA's newly-gained port facilities to ship supplies, arms, and volunteers to North America. When our foreign office told them to stop, lest they risk an embargo, we had it on good authority that Petrograd (with British and French aid) continued to export the vital supplies to the American reds. That next Duma election couldn't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Part 6: das Damoklesschwert

While we were preparing our troops to fight the newest (official) member of the Internationale in the Pacific and building up our fortifications on New Guinea, our intelligence stations in Singapore wired back some more disturbing news out of the Pacific:

As_R_38.png

In the vacuum created by the American withdrawal from the islands, the Philippine government was destabilized a great deal. And the fact that their economy was largely tied to either those of the Americans or Japanese (neither of which were in great shape) did not help matters in the least. The populace desperate and destitute, the syndicalists had established a fairly broad base of support. With this in mind, perhaps it was a poor choice to deploy the army when the Filipino reds called a general strike in Manilla.

Even writing this as an old man, I still remember January of 1937 quite well: The General Staff had been bickering for a while now about the tactics that we would take into the inevitable war against the Internationale:

As_R_39.png

The old guard had insisted we kept to the doctrine from the First Weltkrieg, while the reformers were arguing for a new form of armored warfare based on mobility. As my domain was the air, I personally had no preference. His Majesty however, was a different matter altogether:

As_R_40.png

Sure that the French would be updating their tactics as well, the Kaiser gave his official sanction to the mobility focus faction. While this caused some grumbling among the old timers, imperial orders were absolute in this case. But it turned out that we would have still greater problems than arguing about tactics.

On the morning of January 26th, 1937, yet another bulwark against syndicalism, one of the last, fell to the reds:

As_R_41.png

As dismayed as this made all of us, once again, it was unsurprising: Ever since their revolution, the French had been sending red agitators into the neighboring Netherlands. With the recent Dutch labor unrest, some kind of conflagration was a foregone conclusion. Given the fact that we were already overstretched in the area and not willing to take more casualties in an inevitable war with the new red government, His Majesty ordered that parts of the Dutch East Indies siezed

But there was one event which, while sending a chill down our collective spines, gave us also an inexplicable sense of déjà vu

As_R_42.png

Damn animals. Butchering defenseless women and children. It makes me angry just thinking about it. It made us all angry. However, we did not have the luxury of stewing in our outrage: Our war plans had to be revised yet again for the newest member of the Internationale.

Last edited:
With all these revolutions, I can see how the title was picked. You certainly aren't taking it easy, after all, even the grand old Kaiserreich can't take on the entire world at once. Okay, they might be able to.
Go forth, Germania, and restore sanity and order to the world! (and a few thrones while you're at it)

More syndicalist madness? This is a disservice to Our Realm!
Also, with the murder of the dutch royal family, you have the best reasons to fully annex them and introduce a more illustrious house as their overlords for the next generations.

In one of my games, after I defeated the french, I moded a Kingdom of Lotharingia, a german puppet kingdom in personal union with the Kaiser, extending from Calais and Durkirk all the way to Longwy, Arlon, etc.

Poor royal family. Down with the syndicalists!

Edit the events so Austria and Hungary gets into war, you support the Austrians, they form Danubian Federation instead of AH, elect social democrat and get rid of the monarch so there's a Syndie coup.

Would make things very tough and exciting.

Part 7: die Donaukrise

With seemingly damn near all of Europe going syndicalist, anyone who would even potentially ally with us getting into power was a welcome change. Even if they, in hindsight, weren't much use to us:

As_R_43.png

Riding a wave of concern about the reds, the Scandinavian People's Party was swept into power in the Norwegian elections of 1937. While a good many of us were not particularly fond of the pan-Scandinavian party (seeing that they might eventually seek to create a Scandinavian state by any means required), with Sweden a syndicalist republic in all but name, we were prepared to deal with them.

Meanwhile, in Austria-Hungary, the 1937 Ausgleich negotiations had begun to break down. None of us, I repeat, none of us trusted the Hungarians and their increasingly powerful (and republican) Arrow Cross Party, so the choice in the party which we should support was obvious:

As_R_44.png

The fact that Austrians are our cultural and ethnic brethren notwithstanding, we had another motive for supporting Vienna in the negotiations: The syndicalist movement in the Austro-Hungarian Empire had built a fairly strong base with the non-Hungarian minorities outside of Austria proper. And if you honestly believe that we were going to let a massive country to our southeast possibly turn independent and red, I've got a mountain in the Bavarian Alps to sell you.

Unsurprisingly, the Magyars did not take our support for Austria well:

As_R_45.png

After launching a coup in Hungary itself, the Arrow Cross Party began a brutal crackdown on Austrian officials and garrisons stationed there. While His Majesty condemned the excesses of the party, it was just not possible for us to intervene directly on behalf of Vienna. To that end, we shortly prepared a large supply of weapons and supplies to the Austrians, as well as a corps of volunteers:

As_R_46.png

Meanwhile, in the Rhineland, our old friends in the FAUD had been inciting labor unrest. When we pressed them about it, the French claimed it was "a spontaneous reaction to bourgeois oppression":

As_R_47.png

More red nonsense on the part of Paris: We were honestly supposed to believe their claims when we had proof that the French had been funding and organizing syndicalist agitation in one of our strongest industrial areas. But our network in Paris discovered something alarming. Apparently, some of the hawks in the French government were eager to use this opportunity to spread the revolution and "liberate" the German people. While we could have defeated the Internationale at that time, it would have been costly. Thankfully, cooler heads in Paris prevailed:

As_R_48.png

Let me repeat: It's not that we couldn't have defeated them at the time. We were just waiting to begin the war on our terms instead of those Paris.

With their masters in Paris backing down, the FAUD lost heart as well:

As_R_49.png

Without the FAUD inciting them, the strikers, much like any mob without a head, disbanded shortly afterwards. Yet another victory for us, the forces of reaction.

Too bad you couldn't interfere directly in the Austrian civil war. Victory for the reaction needs to be swift and merciless!

Part 8:Gott strafe Sozialismus!

The combination of a desire for a reunification with France and Syndicalism within our western border regions was a dangerous brew and we all knew it. However, our government was divided as to exactly how to deal with the problem: The hardliners suggested more military controls in the regions with large French populations, while the other, more pragmatic camp was concerned about the possible international repercussions. His Majesty, being concerned with the supply lines and industry in the area when the war with France came, sided with the hardliners:

As_R_50.png

Of course, it goes without saying that the French were not happy:

As_R_51.png

When reading historical texts, one mustn't be deceived by the the red talk of "Internationalism" and the "Brotherhood of the Proletariat": The French were not going to ignore our increased patrols in the area and alleged suppression of their ethnic kin, nor ignore an excuse to make us look bad and rally useful idiots to their side.

Meanwhile, our spies in the Kremlin came out with what should have been obvious to us in hindsight:

As_R_52.png

Once again, this should have been a huge red flag (pun intended). However, our agents assured us that the Russians weren't going to take too much of the territory they had lost after the Weltkrieg. Still, in my opinion, we should have attacked the Russians once we got the news that non-red Duma members were starting to have suspicious "accidents".

With many in our government still worried about Japan, our authority in Asia took a big hit:

As_R_53.png

In the aftermath of gross mismanagement and the Black Monday, the southern branch of the Kuomintang led an uprising against our Allgemeine Ostasiatische Gesellschaft. While the economic hit would hurt to be sure, none of us were willing to advocate intervention in a war halfway around the world: All we were really willing to do was support their militia and hope for the best. Still, it was kind of hard for me to blame the Chinese people in the area: I wouldn't like being ruled over by grossly incompetent foreigners either.

And speaking of wars halfway around the world, our insurance policy of supporting both the Union State and Washington did not seem to be going well:

As_R_54.png

By this point, it was all but certain that the CSA would win the civil war, with the Internationale still supporting a CSA which scarcely needed it. While there was still a great deal of territory which the CSA had not captured, we all saw the writing on the wall. As far as I'm concerned, it was kind of fitting for the Americans: A country that was born of a revolt against a legitimate monarch and the borderline worship of that revolt falling to a red revolution seemed somehow appropriate to me. However, my feelings at the time were irrelevant: Immediately, His Majesty ordered high command to begin plans for what would eventually become the bloodiest, most brutal conflict in the history of the Reich.

The Second Congress of the Internationale, in concert with the success of the revolution in much of Europe already had alarmed us a good deal. His Majesty however, reminded us not to panic and that the most important thing was keeping the German people calm and reasonably happy:

As_R_55.png

Of course, the French and British were not happy about losing a good many of their agents and collaborators, however they were not going to press the issue until they had a distinct advantage over us:

As_R_56.png

Meanwhile, in Latin America, some more unsurprising news came back from our intelligence assets:

As_R_57.png

Of course, there were French and British advisers there. In those days, where you would find reds, you would find red serpents from London and Paris hissing in their ears. However, our spies there reported something interesting about the advisers: A good number of them spoke English...American English. It seemed that the CSA was getting a bit ahead of itself as far as exporting the revolution was concerned.

Last edited:
Just in case you are losing confidence in the AAR (not implying you really are), the big problem so far is that we aren't all that interested in "headlines" about how the syndies expand everywhere. That will surely make the war more interesting, but until it comes...