• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34329)

Second Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2004
There seems to be a bug with Paratrooper loading in 1.06c/VanillaHOI (dont know about previous versions):

I once got more than 1 trooper in a plane, and I couldn't figure out why. But now I know. Here's how:

create a single unit, containing multiple air transports
right click on a few troopers to load them on the plane, as you would normally
HERE, YOU ASSUME THAT EACH PLANE IS LOADING 1 TROOPER - YOU STILL CANNOT LOAD MORE TROOPERS THAN YOU HAVE AIR TRANSPORTS
now go the to air transport unit, and create a new unit, and split up the planes into units containing only 1 air transport

You will now see, that the air transport commanded by the air general originally commanding the larger unit, now is the ONLY PLANE which has troopers loaded....

But, when you drop them, ALL of the troopers are dropped.

This bug exists with sea transports as well, you can put 12 divisions on 1 transport, if you have 12 individual divisions of transports. 12=12, so AI will allow the move, but all 12 get put onto 1 transport!

Dan

Please don't shout - gzav

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Fiendix said:
hehe I once had a bug when I merged 11 fighters with 1 transport (with a para) - I disbanded the transport (or was it strat redeployed? - dont remember now) and I had 11 fighters that could do a paradrop mission :D

F
You alwayes cheat! :D

Dannyboy i can only add that the same is with naval transports. Known but unresolved problems.

Fiendix said:
hehe I once had a bug when I merged 11 fighters with 1 transport (with a para) - I disbanded the transport (or was it strat redeployed? - dont remember now) and I had 11 fighters that could do a paradrop mission :D

F
IIRC, the Germans did experiment with underwing/ fuselagepods to drop agents behind enemy lines. Perhaps a new tech? :D

Orthank said:
You alwayes cheat! :D

yea now you know why I think paras are an exploit and say we should not play with them...

As to Roberts suggestion - :rofl: I just imagined a whole division of paras crammed into the fuselagepods of a 100 fighters... :D

F

Fiendix said:
yea now you know why I think paras are an exploit and say we should not play with them...

As to Roberts suggestion - :rofl: I just imagined a whole division of paras crammed into the fuselagepods of a 100 fighters... :D

F
Well if they were designed to transport Goering in one of those, it just might work :D .