• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SpaceViking

General
26 Badges
Apr 30, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I finally played a game into the 50s when Germany invaded the US in Alaska. I had just developed air cav and wow are they good! They have a move of 52 (!) and are the ultimate in rapid attack and especially reserve units.

We had some titanic tank battles in the Canadian Rockies with hundreds of divisions involved across just 3 provinces that probably dwarfed anything in historic WW2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I set the start dates to all that stuff way forward for this game so both the US and I are developing them. Note that even if the US had gotten them early I am not sure it would have made a difference. The Japanese won the war in the Pacific and took away all their possible airbases to bomb Japan and the US and Germany were not at war until Germany invaded in the 50s.

That makes me wonder; does the AI ever use nukes tactically? I've seen them nuke weird places in other games.

I set the start dates to all that stuff way forward for this game so both the US and I are developing them. Note that even if the US had gotten them early I am not sure it would have made a difference. The Japanese won the war in the Pacific and took away all their possible airbases to bomb Japan and the US and Germany were not at war until Germany invaded in the 50s.

That makes me wonder; does the AI ever use nukes tactically? I've seen them nuke weird places in other games.
Yes, the AI will nuke your troops tactically. I've had it a couple of times where I lost half a million men because I was lazy and let my stacked units go with out air cover.

I klilled 1.5 million in a nuke attack on Axis troops advancing in Iran once in early 1945. They had just finished off the USSR and were moving to take Iran and I assume west into Africa and east into India. After many back and forth battles in this one province the Axis ended up with over 200 divisions there that I could not dislodge so BOOM! RIght after this Germany ran out of manpower and I assume had to go to extended mobilization and they were already low on oil. So I count that as the single strike that won the war.

• 1Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions: