• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FYI:

1) The target province command in the AI file does not work
2) The front wegith for speicfic hexes works but is very limited and does not always do what you want it to do.

I don't see a specific Scheiflan plan working in regards to AI file wise.

Lothos said:
I don't see a specific Scheiflan plan working in regards to AI file wise.

That's not a problem - the Schlieffen (or Moltke) Plan were never specific constructs, anyway. All we really need is for the German Army to be directed into Belgium and to break into Northern France, somewhere, not specific instructions to conquer certain provinces. :)

Greetings all! This thread has been quite dormant it appears, hopefully that will change in the coming days.

I've undertaken the task of writing a good effective ai. If all goes to plan, I will be periodically posting an update here or there on the progress of one nation's ai or another. When I get to this point, feedback will be greatly appreciated.:)

That screenshot is a bit worrying. Germany should commit much more troops to Belgium offensive than to French border garrison. In your screenshot, it's other way around.

I suggest you lower German front ratio with France to about 0.6 until Belgium is completely overran, or at least Brusseles it taken out.

kami888 said:

That screenshot is a bit worrying. Germany should commit much more troops to Belgium offensive than to French border garrison. In your screenshot, it's other way around.

I suggest you lower German front ratio with France to about 0.6 until Belgium is completely overran, or at least Brusseles it taken out.

France has enough troops to break through the German border if the amount of troops you see there is lowered too much.

@KingMississippi

If you're referring to Germany's assaults, I would say they are ok, but certainly need improvement. I know, a very ambigious answer, but hey, its really late :cool:

kind of a random thing but I noticed that in those screens that Senusia made peace with Italy a few days into the scenario. While this might not be correct I think it has to do with some weird problem of the AI surrendering very quickly if they are at war with eachother in the beginning of a scenario and are not in a major allience.

I saw this when working on my Civil War mod. The CSA and Union would make peace only a few days after the scenario started. After I added an event starting the war only a day after the scenario starts they wouldn't make peace. Eventually I just added them into one of the major allience tags so this didn't happen.

6354201 said:
France has enough troops to break through the German border if the amount of troops you see there is lowered too much.

The thrust of the argument, however, is correct. Ideally, we would like the German AI to fall as heavily on Belgium and northern France as possible.

When technology has been distributed and fortifications placed, we shall get a much more realistic view of how the AI handles the Battles of the Frontiers. :)

Allenby said:
The thrust of the argument, however, is correct. Ideally, we would like the German AI to fall as heavily on Belgium and northern France as possible.

When technology has been distributed and fortifications placed, we shall get a much more realistic view of how the AI handles the Battles of the Frontiers. :)

I agree, and I've gotten the Germans to get more troops there than what was seen in that screenshot in later tests. I'd rather have France stall in Belgium then have France go through Bavaria :wacko:

Some more screenshots:

Japan taking over Germany's Asian territories:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/Sark6354201/Japan.jpg

The Ottomans getting whacked:
Serbia gets annexed too soon here, I'm finding it difficult to balance because Serbia has so few troops.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/Sark6354201/Ottoman.jpg

The Ottomans getting the Suez:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/Sark6354201/Suez.jpg

And finally Russia driving into Galicia:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/Sark6354201/Galicia.jpg

Serbia should get a massive deffensive bonus, so that while they won't be marching through Vienna, it will be hard to dislodge them.
Perhaps make a trigger for them to lose the bonus when they loose Belgrade, seeing how as soon as they were dislodged (albeit by the Germans) it was a continous retreat through Albania for them.
Best thing I can think off.

Perhaps make a trigger for them to lose the bonus when they loose Belgrade
But AFAIK Serbs had lost Belgrade a couple of times during the war and then they simply re-captured it, and didn't seem to lose any of their defensive abilities while doing that :)

That's because the forts aren't there yet.

Noted, I'll fix it
The easiest way to fix it I think is to add Sanusian capital to Italian target AI list. Thus italy won't accept any peace with Sanusia besides annexation.

Last edited:
Seylanov said:
Perhaps make a trigger for them to lose the bonus when they loose Belgrade, seeing how as soon as they were dislodged (albeit by the Germans) it was a continous retreat through Albania for them.
Best thing I can think off.
If we do go down this route, I'd tie Serbian collapse to the typhus epidemic in winter 1914/15 (which is already represented by an event).

Also, rather than strengthen Serbian defence it might be more accurate to weaken Austro-Hungarian attack, since they proved themselves to be truly pathetic in the 1914 campaigns...

If we were to go real crazy on Land Doctrines we could simulate each of the great power's strengths and weaknesses in 1914 (some would share the same 'flaws' and 'merits' so we could reuse some of the techs). That way we could have AH be pathetic on the attack, Serbia slightly good on the defense, etc.

Hello all,

After a long lull, I will again be resuming my work on the 1914 ai. The reason why I stopped was due to the fact that given the early state of the mod, balancing was very difficult to accomplish. For instance, it's tough to balance the Eastern front when Russia has too much industry.

Now that more progress has been made, I'm looking forward to making a more complete ai. As of right now, i have about 10 ai files done or thereabouts (not at my home computer so I can't check) and they work adequately enough for a decent framework to build off of (as evidenced by the screenshots i posted earlier).

Before I get started, does anyone have any major suggestions, ideas, or questions regarding the ai? Look back at my previous posts to get an idea of what I have done to clear things up a bit as far as how much progress I have made.