• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello there, thank you for your support and posting in the right thread!

The AI is in the process of being revamped as we type. Hopefully it would fare better in 1.04b. The trench warfare events for the Western Front should also make things tougher.

If you are able to provide pointers on AI, please do not hesitate to post in this thread.

Hmm... Its very hard to make a good AI but if the game is balanced it will be noticed best in MP. I tried to play Russia but kicked Germany out of the war within 3 months so I guess its the AI that's weak and not the game balance.

Next I will try to set up a MP game of TGW to see if the scenario is balanced or not.

I played a hands-off game as Turkey to see how the AI performed. It was great fun getting +200 IC, conquering Bulgaria, Egypt, Libya, Tunisa and Algeria. The Caucasus was anotehr matter where the Russians were defending heavily. The AI did well enough, A-H invading Ukraine and Germany the Baltics. When I quit Germany had made a breakthrough on the western front and pushed back Italy to its starting borders. Seem the scenario is quite balanced but the human capacity is what unhinges it. Will be great to see how it works in MP!

Last edited:
A question regarding AI files.

Code:
military = { 
    relative_build_scheme	= no 

infantry			= 62 
    cavalry			= 10 
    motorized			=  5 
    mechanized			=  0  # nothing.
    panzer			=  2 
    paratrooper			=  0  # light infantry
    marine			=  0 
    bergsjaeger			=  3 
    #				= 80 

fighter			= 2 
    strategic_bomber		= 0 
    tactical_bomber		= 1
    naval_bomber		= 0 
    dive_bomber			= 0 
    transport_plane		= 0 
    torpedo_plane		= 0 
    #				= 3 

battleship			= 3 
    carrier			= 0 
    destroyer			= 5 
    cruiser			= 5 
    submarine			= 1 
    transports			= 1
    #				= 15
}

The above is from the AI file that France starts her games with, and subsequently sticks to. Shouldn't the build priorities of countries alter as the war goes on? For example, I cannot imagine that only 3% of her production would have been devoted to the building of aircraft, and for Germany and France in particular, I would have thought that the number of cavalry divisions in construction would almost flatline with infantry even tanks taking up most of a country's output in years nearer 1918.

Additionally, some extra AI files will be needed for some of the powers. Particularly, France will need an ultra-defensive AI that fires when Germany reaches Brussels, and following that, an offensive one should the Germans get near Paris. The Germans require an AI file that will propel them from Belgium to northern France, as well as one that gets them to launch offensives in 1916. Then of course, the French will need an offensive file for spring 1917, and so on.

I'll try to get to work on some of these and see what happens, because at the moment, there seems to be a few difficulties arising from both Germany and France using the same AI file throughout the war, which I think explains some of the inactivity on the western front.