• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Topsirhamhat

Recruit
May 25, 2020
I'm loving the new build and am having a blast. I've played 3 games so far and have noticed two things that have me stumped.

1. Now im not sure if this is a new "issue" or was present in the previous build since I used to only play with my own created empires. Nearly every randomly generated AI empire is some degree of spiritualist, which isn't a major issue, it can just be aggravating when playing as a machine empire. Is there some hidden value of spiritualist that the Empire generator weighs so heavily that it picks it every time? Or am I just unlucky with Ethic rolls

2. Sub light speed. It used to be that fleets and ships would just skip along systems at the edge and wouldn't have to span the entire system. Again, not game breaking for me, just something to get used to. I imagine the idea behind the change was to emphasize the importance of L gates and warpholes and such, but sometimes my ships just seem to go at a snails pace. Anyone else feeling that or is it the lag?

I'm loving the new build and am having a blast. I've played 3 games so far and have noticed two things that have me stumped.

1. Now im not sure if this is a new "issue" or was present in the previous build since I used to only play with my own created empires. Nearly every randomly generated AI empire is some degree of spiritualist, which isn't a major issue, it can just be aggravating when playing as a machine empire. Is there some hidden value of spiritualist that the Empire generator weighs so heavily that it picks it every time? Or am I just unlucky with Ethic rolls

It's probably just poor luck, but I will say that I've encountered similar empire spawns with lots of spiritualists on 4 out of 6 playthroughs of the new build so far. I never thought anything of it because I like to play xenophobic and only ever really interact with the AI to kill, conquer and/or eat them, but now that you've brought it up there does seem to be something strange there. I'm still going to chalk it up to luck though, and if it's still an issue down the line, just make a bunch of AI empires and force them to spawn in your galaxy for a bit of variety.

2. Sub light speed. It used to be that fleets and ships would just skip along systems at the edge and wouldn't have to span the entire system. Again, not game breaking for me, just something to get used to. I imagine the idea behind the change was to emphasize the importance of L gates and warpholes and such, but sometimes my ships just seem to go at a snails pace. Anyone else feeling that or is it the lag?

The ships and movement are definitely slower in this build because as you say, the ships need to cross the system first before they can jump, which is consistent at least with how hyperlanes should work. All it means now is that you have to build more fleets, place them around carefully and use Gateways and Wormholes to your advantage where possible. A late-game gateway network can be an absolute lifesaver for sudden attacks in the rear or if an end-game crisis catches you off guard and you need to reposition quickly.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I thought it was just me as well. I have seen a lot of spiritualist empires spawn in my game and it sucks if you're materialist or machine intelligent (well it don't really suck but it if you wanted a Federation then that is out the window).