AI is too willing to join claimant factions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Agreed

had a Guy with 100 opinion If me in liking me and i had 100 dread. Yet he still managed to revolt.

Maybi it was because he had the trait ambitous and Maybi brave but anyway it makes No sence

he wanted empire of France he was also related to me, he was from son of ragnar dynasti Hvitsverk i Think.

i am from Björns dynasti

If you want to avoid claimant wars, you need to give another similar way to get hooks on liege. A "I demand a hook" faction, if you will.
Isn't that exactly what the liberty faction does? Drop CA one level and give all participating a hook on their liege.

I'm still all in favour of more faction types. And while it is very annoying when your best friends and brothers who all love you decide to join factions ahead of that troublesome duke rival, there's also a serious issue with large realms being far too stable and progressively easier to manage. Maybe that liberty faction just needs to be higher on the priority list especially for vassals that do like you, but are maybe chafing a bit under your absolute crown authority and hankering for a better vassal contract.

Agreed

had a Guy with 100 opinion If me in liking me and i had 100 dread. Yet he still managed to revolt.

Maybi it was because he had the trait ambitous and Maybi brave but anyway it makes No sence

he wanted empire of France he was also related to me, he was from son of ragnar dynasti Hvitsverk i Think.

i am from Björns dynasti

AI greediness (which ambitious increases) makes the AI more likely to join factions in the case that they are the ones who will get the title from the faction.

My guess is that character had a lot of personality traits that increased greediness (and was probably brave so that makes them ignore dread).

In such a case that makes sense as they probably are someone who feels entitled to your title, even if they otherwise like you.

Plus not all characters should be completely rational, history is full of people who made bad decisions.

This got me thinking. An interesting thing could be to use AI rationality to set what percentage the faction needs to fire.

Could have it so the character that creates/controls the faction set the threshold based on their AI rationality score. So higher the AI rationality, the higher the threshold they'll want before pressing demands. Additionally, characters with higher AI rationality could be more likely to join the plots of characters with high AI rationality as they trust the factions demands to be carried out intelligently.

Isn't that exactly what the liberty faction does? Drop CA one level and give all participating a hook on their liege.

I'm still all in favour of more faction types. And while it is very annoying when your best friends and brothers who all love you decide to join factions ahead of that troublesome duke rival, there's also a serious issue with large realms being far too stable and progressively easier to manage. Maybe that liberty faction just needs to be higher on the priority list especially for vassals that do like you, but are maybe chafing a bit under your absolute crown authority and hankering for a better vassal contract.
Liberty faction only gives hooks if the liege refuses the demands and then loses the war. If the liege accepts the demands without fighting, only the CA is lowered and no hooks are generated.

• 2Like
Reactions: