• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
German summer offensive '42

For those who interested i would like to share my experience with this thrilling and realistic mod on the east front.
Some pics: "edit some more pics"

8.00 Jan42.jpg8.01 April42.jpg8.02  May42.jpg8.03 June42.jpg8.04 July42.jpg8.05 Moscow.jpg8.06 Pushed Back.jpg8.07 Kursk.jpg8.08 KurskII.jpg8.09 Baltic.jpg8.10 Aug42.jpg

Playing for a month now only weekends i reached aug '42 it was going very well conquered Moscow and Stalingrad at the end of '41
June 42 the sovjets launched a massive counter attack i lost Moscow and 13 crack divisions they smashed a hole in my southern front but i got my revanche
Kursk succeeded and i am back on the road.
Made 3 known mistakes by myself so far, i fully mobilised much to early, i underestimated the soviets
and i did something wrong with my fuel, tips are welcom..:)

Last edited:
Victory

8.11 Moscowsep42.jpg8.12  THE END.jpg

Very fun to play but still a bit to easy

Some remarks:

In the summer of '42 the sovjets could use 100 or even more strong divisions
Encirclement is too easy make the russians retreat better (if that is a possibility)
Victorypionts are mostly not/or weak defended like Moscow and Stalingrad, Leningrad was very well defended.
Strategic deployment is to fast it should take longer
Italy should build more convoys

They had 88 inf div and 6 arm div left on the moment of bitter peace 4 oktober '42

Last edited:
Do you mean you want to write an event to give the Soviet AI extra units?

event = {
id = 9300021
random = no
country = SOV

trigger = { ai = yes atwar = yes NOT = { ai = GER } }

name = AI_EVENT
style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1933 } # Insert your date here
offset = 60
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1999 }

action = {
command = { type = build_division which = infantry when = 12 cost = 0.1 where = 1 }
}
}

Thanks Fernando i will give it a try

What difficulty did you play on ? With that many bonuses to the ai, i don't think i could pull it off.

Normal/Normal

The "ai" exploit every weakness in your frontline take advantage of that let them break through at a particular point and encircle them like von Manstein did ;)

Last edited:
This Mod is really awesome!!!! God pleas never stop developing it!!!
It remembers me a good old german Mod form the first days of HoI2 :)
It was called NFM Mod and there have been 1200 historical Events telling you the history of WWII when conquering ore losing special territory's, every nation god its own bonuses (Allies build fast ships, Germany strong tanks, Jap Air force had more ORG because of Kamikaze and so on), also there have been such events which simulated historical Operations like D-Day and so on and give the KI thousand units to fight against the player as present.

It would be incredible if this mod could achieve comparable size like the german NFM because it was and is still the best Mod I ever played also if i never won a game in it ;D but it was possible!
The developing stooped with HoI2 :(

But your mod is a new light look at the horizon!!!

I will vote for Mod of Month!!!!!!!!!!!

Fernando I was playing this mod and then i loaded as the USSR just out of curiosity and noticed they stacked all the divisions they got from the events into a single corps, LOL.
They put 82 divisions under 1 commander and sent their doomstack towards the front . Naturally i avoided them, encircled and destroyed it. But hey, how can the the AI be so dumb ? Is there anyway to prevent this ? Great mod btw, really fun , keep it up :D

Fernando I was playing this mod and then i loaded as the USSR just out of curiosity and noticed they stacked all the divisions they got from the events into a single corps, LOL.
They put 82 divisions under 1 commander and sent their doomstack towards the front . Naturally i avoided them, encircled and destroyed it. But hey, how can the the AI be so dumb ? Is there anyway to prevent this ? Great mod btw, really fun , keep it up :D

Yes this also happened to me only the big stack split in smaller big stacks they initially breakthrough but stayed together and don't profit their success it was easy to encircle them afterwards.

Last edited: