• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If your Op Defence is 33, I don't think the -4 from the Infiltrated Agent is really going to do that much 'hell raising'.
Or are they somehow getting away with things?

If your Op Defence is 33, I don't think the -4 from the Infiltrated Agent is really going to do that much 'hell raising'.
Or are they somehow getting away with things?

Yes they are.

I got energy drained, Cosmite drained. Lost 1300 energy and all my 60 cosmite stocked. I still had 2500 energy left tho. Both operations happened immediately after the internal purge completed.

I don't even understand how the AI can pull it off. Especially when I try to return the favor to the AI by infilirating their operations center but it says 20% chance of success and 90% chance of being detected. And then success chance of other AIs is too low to even succeed. something like that. So i sit there and suffer operation after operation from two immortal spies that i can't remove with internal purge.

Theoretically they could just be spamming until it works, but I doubt they would be able to do that without you noticing all the intrusions.

I understand why you can't remove their agents, and why you can't get an agent in. The numbers imbalance is quite clear.

I don't understand how they are still able to Covert Op you in this situation though.

(However, those Ops only target Income, so you can screw them over by using upkeep to reduce your income.)

I blame you for this coodav, i'm now hooked on operations. I'm robbing the AI blind.

The spies, once they are deployed, they become immortal. Internal purge do nothing.

Then I turned on the cosmite foundation.

After first successful thievery..

Ai did his first internal purge to try discover my immortal spies.

The fools. :p

20200711182327_1.jpg

See those four ais in operations list? All of them has been infiltrated and my cosmite translocators set up. ALL.
gimme your cosmite yo.jpg

Few turns later.

danke danke.jpg

I now have 1360 cosmite. I broke balance.
Then I spend it all modding my 30+ autonom units who had no mods.
Plus six new 70 cosmite laser tanks and six new gunships + and more.

Now my newly built units is putting an end to trouble spots before killing off the AI.

First I"m starting with ellen shaw and I put the end to her with this.

20200711190946_1.jpg

Cosmite thievery has helped me add six more gunships to that picture quickly then launched an attack upon ellen shaw immediately and caught her off guard.

I had to end ellen shaw immediately because she and some kir'ko did something weird that somehow boosted their chances of catching my internal purge + cosmite translactors to 30%. I think that option is only available via alliance no? The Kir'ko should be back at 0% chance now.

I can't help it but keep cosmite translactors running nonstop. Its easy cosmite.

Which means internal purge needs a rework, it doesn't work for human players and AI equally and fairly.

So like.. I did this. :p I was basically pilfering the cosmite resources of four empires and funneling it all into two cities building t4s nonstop with still enough cosmite left over to build various stacks I wanted. There was just nothing the AI could do against me once my spies became immortal.

I did not have a single operation touch my cities while I was the one doing all the operations while the AI was spamming internal purge in futile hopes.

0% is 0%.

1.jpg

2.jpg

This is going to be my final comment in this thread about operations XD
I haven't had this amusing of a game in a long time.

I must say, if you are playing with 3-4 AIs, and you do pull off an operation, that may be the most broken strategy the game can offer. A big-time hacker could DWARF the resources they would normally earn with regular effort. Problem is, when you have a lot of AIs, say all 11, each of who get 3 operation defense with each ally, that is 10X3 opertation points. Then 30 X 5% chance per operation point = -150% chance of success base.

So it works probably maximally well with 4 or 5 AI, but 11 pulls it right out of your hands.

I will say though, that was an incredibly interesting way to play. Go full hacker mode, and find one enemy, which reveals them all. Then hack them all into the ground. You almost don't have to worry about anything else, because you just constantly replenish your stores. The only thing is you have to get those technologies online quick. I believe energy siphon is Level 5 now? Research taps about the same? If you reliably can hack through their defenses, you can pull hundreds of energy profit per operation, and enough research to get one-turn tech advances.

I am going to have to try this sometime. Maybe Sharkarn Synthesis for the extra mods? Or Syndicate?

Seems like you went Vanguard.

Last edited:
I'm on biggest map with 11 ais. More than half of the ais is dead already. And I already maxed my tech tree + four others. It Is like turn 162 now. I just basically shifted gears midgame into spamming hacks.

I went vanguard Promethean