• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nosferatu

Captain
Jan 3, 2008
Hello folks! Having several question about the AI and it's behaviour in this game. I know that there are not so many people playing this game now but anyway. Just bought it on GOG.com and it looks magnificent and especially I like that it has no number in it's name (opposing to Europa Universalis). Actually I want to learn from seasoned players if an AI is good enought in this game with the last (1.3) patch installed and about multiplayer expirience with this game. Questions are the following:

1) Does the AI use all of the game possibilities? I mean like offering a loans, hiring mercenaries and pirates, changing domestic policies and etc.

2) Does the game stable enought with the last patch? How many players it OK to play? How can I find the other player via Internet? What is the best way for doing it?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Hello folks! Having several question about the AI and it's behaviour in this game. I know that there are not so many people playing this game now but anyway. Just bought it on GOG.com and it looks magnificent and especially I like that it has no number in it's name (opposing to Europa Universalis).

FtG uses the same engine as Europa Universalis II, so you could say it’s EU2: FtG...

Actually I want to learn from seasoned players if an AI is good enought in this game with the last (1.3) patch installed and about multiplayer expirience with this game.

Questions are the following:

1) Does the AI use all of the game possibilities? I mean like offering a loans, hiring mercenaries and pirates, changing domestic policies and etc.

2) Does the game stable enought with the last patch? How many players it OK to play? How can I find the other player via Internet? What is the best way for doing it?

The 1.3 patch corrected several bugs, but it also changed a lot of names of variables - which means that most mods that work using FtG 1.2 won’t work with FtG 1.3. So if you are interested to try some of those mods
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/ftg-user-modifications.479/
it might be a good idea to install FtG 1.2 and only later go to 1.3 (e.g. when you played through all mods for 1.2 that interest you, or when the final 1.3 patch comes out).

You can see several of the differences between EU2 and FtG in the development diarys
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/development-diary-archive.429833/

For multiplayer questions ask in the multiplayer forum
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/ftg-multiplayer.481/
There may not be much traffic, but a lot of people visit the forum occasionally and might be alerted of a new post in a subforum they watch.

The AI does none of those things. As a player, I don't do any of those things except changing domestic policies, which would be the hardest one to implement. (Which is possibly why domestic policies were removed from EU4.)

It has been stable in every two-player test I've tried. It's a little hard to dig up three or more players nowadays.

Reactions: