• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Egg Lord Tobias

Recruit
62 Badges
May 22, 2020
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
I don't know if it is just me, or does it feel like the AI farts out entire armies way faster than players can keep up with and the moment they are in trouble they literally teleport across the world to squash you?

I had a situation where an AI was completely surrounded by infestations and they were being sent to the void over and over again and all their provinces were raided... I was sieging down a city they settled annoyingly right next to my capital as the AI absolutely loves to do. I had very extended vision and could see quite a ways out so there was no way the enemy could sneak up on me. I would see it coming. Plus the dangerous oceans trait was on so if they went through the ocean they would be damaged!

Guess what... they instantly teleported SIX ARMIES onto the city. They were all full health. They did not move in my vision, I had the city surrounded so I could see if anyone was coming. NOPE. Instant Transmission baby. Goku taught them some things.

First of all, there's no way they had six full armies if all their land was onfire and their ruler was just dying over and over again, also whilst at war with the most powerful faction in the game who was my ally so I could see their units.
There's also no way they moved there that quickly. It was an island realm and it was early in the game so no advanced logistics. Within 2 turns they had six armies all around my armies and squashed me. They had full health, which means they literally did teleport because they were not hurt by the ocean storms. (other AIs were being hurt by the ocean storms)

I don't care how bad you think your AI is at playing the game. You falsely advertise the difficulty setting that specifically says no one gets an advantage. Oh but they do. They constantly stream out units at a rate that is impossible to keep up with and instantly teleport from one side of a VERY LARGE world to the other, completely ignoring ocean storms and slow down from embarking. On the ISLAND MAP. WITH MANY ISLANDS. Other side of the map by the way. Every game the AI travels across the entire world and settles cities by my capital.

It's almost as if the game is developed to be as annoying as possible because it truly is incredible how annoying it is.
But yeah maybe it is just me. Or maybe you should test the game and see for yourself. Or better yet, you probably made it this way.
These kinds of shenanigans are typical of games developed or published by Paradox. You really don't help at all.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can't really get angry if you don't provide more details. How many opponents? What size map? What turn was it? How many cities did this opponent have? Screenshots. Maybe it's a bug for all we know. Otherwise it's like getting mad at a restaurant but not saying in your review anything except "the food was bad".

The AI does know what you're doing, which I suppose could be a complaint for lower difficulty - I don't know if a functional AI can be made at this point that doesn't have that, it may very well require the next generations hardware. It's told to ignore hidden units.

Depending how late the game is, there literally is a teleport function. I believe normal difficulty AI receives only something like a 10% resource bonus. There is also the Banner Rally option, if the AI has any vassals.

There are also society traits that grant a free starting unit, but apart from this your major complaint is that the normal difficulty AI is simply a better manager than you are at this point.

Reactions:
The AI does know what you're doing, which I suppose could be a complaint for lower difficulty - I don't know if a functional AI can be made at this point that doesn't have that, it may very well require the next generations hardware. It's told to ignore hidden units.

Depending how late the game is, there literally is a teleport function. I believe normal difficulty AI receives only something like a 10% resource bonus. There is also the Banner Rally option, if the AI has any vassals.

There are also society traits that grant a free starting unit, but apart from this your major complaint is that the normal difficulty AI is simply a better manager than you are at this point.
The AI was literally being destroyed on all fronts. I only declared the war because I knew they had nothing. And as I said from the other side of the map they were able to send six armies with six units in each, to the other side of the map in two turns. After having been killed over and over again. And there being a massive ocean with oceans storms, marauders and they were at war with the strongest faction who was in their way and actively messing them up. They somehow had time to conjure six full armies and teleport across the entire world, a Very Large world. Even with the banners world trait, you wouldn't be able to call upon that many units. Six full armies? No. Not even if you control every city state and have half the wonders on the map. You wouldn't ever get enough rally points on the same turn to have them all appear in 2 turns... and this was a colony not the throne city. You can only recruit from rallies to your throne city or a vassal (vassal recruits wouldn't be yours to control.) As I stated. They settled by my capital across the entire world.

And I doubt it is much to do with my own managing, thanks. I set units up in advance to stream out of my cities due to the threat of a gold infestation. Which I cleared. Nothing would have prepared me for them spawning SIX full armies. At the other side of the world from their throne city. Which was completely surrounded AND being messed up. :)

You can't really get angry if you don't provide more details. How many opponents? What size map? What turn was it? How many cities did this opponent have? Screenshots. Maybe it's a bug for all we know. Otherwise it's like getting mad at a restaurant but not saying in your review anything except "the food was bad".
I can be angry thanks. I already stated it was a very large world. The amount of opponents doesn't matter but it was maxed out at 9. The opponent had 3-4 cities. Couldn't see them all due to the fog of war. And I presume it was around turn 40-50. But this information wont help you figure anything out since you came with the stance of just silencing critics instead of listening to them. You could just not post at all and you would instantly do something good for once.

If this was late game you are essentially complaining about the teleport feature. You can build teleporters late game for imperium. If you think this feature should have an option to disable it in the settings, you can put in a request for it. If nothing else, someone could probably mod in a No Teleporters mod. Put in a request for that at the steam forum.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can be angry thanks. I already stated it was a very large world. The amount of opponents doesn't matter but it was maxed out at 9. The opponent had 3-4 cities. Couldn't see them all due to the fog of war. And I presume it was around turn 40-50. But this information wont help you figure anything out since you came with the stance of just silencing critics instead of listening to them. You could just not post at all and you would instantly do something good for once.
I was trying to help you, you need to calm down before you post. Just relax a bit and you'll see I did not try to silence you, I was asking questions. I'm sorry you don't think that the information is pertinent, but any information is pertinent. Getting angry isn't going to help you understand what's happening in the game.

Since you've clarified now that they had a few cities in the fog of war that you never saw, it's reasonable that they had 6 armies that they teleported in to fight you. The truth is, we don't know what happened without more info than you gave already.

If you're convinced the AI gets some kind of unfair teleport advantage, you can actually play with an AI member on your team and spy on the AI to see how they play.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If this was late game you are essentially complaining about the teleport feature. You can build teleporters late game for imperium. If you think this feature should have an option to disable it in the settings, you can put in a request for it. If nothing else, someone could probably mod in a No Teleporters mod. Put in a request for that at the steam forum.
It wasn't late game. I know there are teleporters. This is not what I said at all.

I was trying to help you, you need to calm down before you post. Just relax a bit and you'll see I did not try to silence you, I was asking questions. I'm sorry you don't think that the information is pertinent, but any information is pertinent. Getting angry isn't going to help you understand what's happening in the game.

Since you've clarified now that they had a few cities in the fog of war that you never saw, it's reasonable that they had 6 armies that they teleported in to fight you. The truth is, we don't know what happened without more info than you gave already.

If you're convinced the AI gets some kind of unfair teleport advantage, you can actually play with an AI member on your team and spy on the AI to see how they play.
I'm sorry, I let things bother me a little too much. You're right though. Maybe I will spy on the AI and see what they do and update the thread or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: