• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a start date where the Slynts are a landed family? I've lookedand it seems not so I figured you lot might know.

Call me evil but I have this vision of the butchers family rising to the top of the Westeros heap and I'm looking at how to get started. >:)

How do you create cadet dynasties, other than using bastards?
You could just edit their dynasty in the save file. Or console the bastard trait to them and grant them a cadet dynasty (and then remove the legit_bastard trait). Otherwise there is no method to do it.

Ah, thanks. Another one, is there any way other than save game editing to get rid of dragon pits? I keep accidentally building them since they're so high in the list, but it's a rare game where I actually want to.

Not that I'm aware of, but you dont HAVE to put your dragons into dragon pits if you don't want to. Just right click on their portraits.

If I switch off the "siege events" option, will the enemy stop destroying my buildings in a lost siege?

Is there any way to shatter the world in such a way that you have the mythological races but the other cultures are still pretty much in their historical distribution? I really want to play as a giant or child of the forest, but I also don't want the white walkers to just be casually hanging out in the middle of Westeros alongside a bunch of Yitish, Loraqi, and Brindlemen.

I noticed a little bug. I did a playthrough with those last remaining Mudd boys in the Bleeding Years start. After restoring Oldstones and becoming King of the Trident, nothing happens first. When the current king dies, a bloodline is created (Mudd bloodline). But everytime the king dies, the same bloodline gets re-created with stacking effects. BUT: if the heir becomes a dragon rider on his first day on the thrones, the bloodlines doesn't spawn at all. The whole mechanic is weird as heck. Wouldn't it be easier to give the two Mudd boys the Mudd bloodline from the get to?

I noticed a little bug. I did a playthrough with those last remaining Mudd boys in the Bleeding Years start. After restoring Oldstones and becoming King of the Trident, nothing happens first. When the current king dies, a bloodline is created (Mudd bloodline). But everytime the king dies, the same bloodline gets re-created with stacking effects. BUT: if the heir becomes a dragon rider on his first day on the thrones, the bloodlines doesn't spawn at all. The whole mechanic is weird as heck. Wouldn't it be easier to give the two Mudd boys the Mudd bloodline from the get to?

Yeah, it is super weird and has been an issue for ages at this point. It seems like if a descendent of the recreator of the bloodline inherits there is no issue but if it is a brother it makes it again. I still don't get why they didn't just give them the Mudd bloodline. Like the rationale is that they might be fakes due to the amount of time that has passed since the fall of the Mudds but considering dynasties in ASOIAF seem to basically last impossibly long anyway I don't get it.

anyone else had issues with colonies? In a game I just deleted(should have posted this beforehand) I was trying to colonize old ghis with a 15 treasurer and waited near 100 years and it still wasn't finished. It just kept firing the master builder event. I assume either I'm incredibly unlucky or i'm bugged. the whole timespan of the mod is like 400 years right?

anyone else had issues with colonies? In a game I just deleted(should have posted this beforehand) I was trying to colonize old ghis with a 15 treasurer and waited near 100 years and it still wasn't finished. It just kept firing the master builder event. I assume either I'm incredibly unlucky or i'm bugged. the whole timespan of the mod is like 400 years right?

The cononization time depends on the level of the colony, Ghis is big, it takes longer. What option did you pick for colonization time? If you are unlucky 100 years can happen. The current version of the mod seems to have a general problem with firing events it seems. Restarting the game sometimes helps with that.

The cononization time depends on the level of the colony, Ghis is big, it takes longer. What option did you pick for colonization time? If you are unlucky 100 years can happen. The current version of the mod seems to have a general problem with firing events it seems. Restarting the game sometimes helps with that.

in my new game the colonization actually finished so fast I didn't get most of the positive events. 13 years from start to finish. I won't complain too much. :)

Why are the provinces around Oldtown wasteland in the RR bookmark and why is Aegon I not FOTS in the Conquest bookmark?

I started a 2.1 game. I hadn't played in a while. None of the places I own have that thing you can build that prepares the location for improvements. I can't send my castellan anywhere. What was changed and how do I improve holdings now?

Nevermind, found it accidentally.

Last edited: