• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ruisuki

Colonel
22 Badges
Oct 20, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So the main forum and other subforums have a thread like this, figure this one should too. I have so many questions while playing that I forget what they were by the time Im back on the forums. Hopefully this thread can spare me making a ton of topics in the coming weeks.

1. Firstly can someone explain to me the way ranks work? Im trying to increase my demense limit and see I dont get a bonus when I became a High lord from a regular lord. The rank bonus still says 1. Will this increase when I become the equivalent of a king? Or emperor? Right now Its only through my high stewardship that I get anything higher than 1 demense.

Compared to vanilla best I can tell is...(Using Dorne as an example)

Vanilla/AGOT
Count-------Lord
Duke--------High Lord
King---------??? (Is there an equivalent or are there 3 playable ranks now?)
Emperor-----Prince/King

2. Second, is the ambition 'become a higher lord' immune to even console commands? I tried 'enable_ambition character id' and still cant cancel.

3. How does ambitious trait work? I dont get an opinion malus from vassals with this trait

4. For those using more deicions AGOT submod: How do you disinherit sons without using console commands?

Last edited:
1) You don't get a bonus, in AGOT rulers only have one primary castle and the others are given out to family members.
2) The enable ambition command just makes it so if you are on the cool down after cancelling an ambition you can take a new one, it doesn't actually cancel the ambition.
3) It doesn't give a vassal opinion penalty.
4) Right click your heir and choose to disinherit them, only works if they are your child and not a prisoner.

As for ruler titles their names depend on the culture but the general structure is for Westeros:
Count = Lord
Duke = High Lord
King = Lord Paramount or King if independent/granted royal privelage
Emperor = King

For the rest of the world it is all pretty much the same as vanilla where each is simply higher than the other.

Last edited:
Reactions:
King levels are Lord Paramounts in Westeros, Archons in Essos, or Magisters/whatever each Free City calls there leader. Since most de jure kingdoms are also de jure empires in Westeros, when they get indepdent, they most likely proclaim the Kingdom of ____ (Dorne, The Reach, The Rock, Stormlands), which in this continent's sake, are kings in title, emperors in rank.

Is it common that the AI-king totally messes up the Iron Throne with crazy vassal management like granting the Trident to the Onion knight or assigning Littlefinger as a vassal to Greatjon Umber all the time? I don't even recognize the vanilla AI giving a duchy to some random count on the other side of the realm/world instead of someone within the dejure duchy and stuff like that... Is it a bug or has someone maybe found a way to deal with it? Its confusing and ugly even though I have to admit that it produces a few funny moments...:D

1) You don't get a bonus, in AGOT rulers only have one primary castle and the others are given out to family members.
2) The enable ambition command just makes it so if you are on the cool down after cancelling an ambition you can take a new one, it doesn't actually cancel the ambition.
3) It doesn't give a vassal opinion penalty.
4) Right click your heir and choose to disinherit them, only works if they are your child and not a prisoner.

As for ruler titles their names depend on the culture but the general structure is for Westeros:
Count = Lord
Duke = High Lord
King = Lord Paramount or King if independent/granted royal privelage
Emperor = King

For the rest of the world it is all pretty much the same as vanilla where each is simply higher than the other.
1) Ahhh yes of course Nedd Stark didnt have two winterfells for himself after all haha. Oh im gonna miss you my sweet, sweet taxes...

(On related note for other people who might be reading this: Im playing as the daughter of my original ruler who has 11 stewardship, husband also has 11. The formula for demense bonus is your stat plus half of husband. Together mine give me 16 which gives you one demense bonus. So i think the demense bonus tiers to reach are 14 stewarship: +1 demense, 21: +2 demense and so on. Squeeze out as much as possible!)

2)I see. I gotta be really careful of taking on ambitions that say 'cannot be cancelled' next time

3)Oh it doesnt? When I hover over the trait it says -25 ambition opinion though. I checked to see what others thought of a vassal with that trait and it doesnt show up as a malus for them either.[/cross]
UPDATE:
Ambitious characters only hate you if

1. they have a claim on one of your titles
2. if you have demense holdings or direct vassals which belong to their kingdom/duchy but don't.
3. If you have more than one top-tier title, ambitious characters hate you if they are in a county or duchy inside that title if it isn't your primary title.

4) When I right click on my unlanded sons the option doesnt show up for any of them. I see the mod AGOT more decisions show up on the launcher and I activate it before starting the game up so I know i have the mod running. Not sure why the option doesnt show up?

Oh lord paramount! I had been given that title and noticed I was getting 6 prestige a month from that alone! For some reason its gone now but wow....the princess of dorne made a count level lord a king for a day, how about that lol

Thanks for answering all my questions btw youre really helpful.
King levels are Lord Paramounts in Westeros, Archons in Essos, or Magisters/whatever each Free City calls there leader. Since most de jure kingdoms are also de jure empires in Westeros, when they get indepdent, they most likely proclaim the Kingdom of ____ (Dorne, The Reach, The Rock, Stormlands), which in this continent's sake, are kings in title, emperors in rank.
Hmmmm is something required to be given the title lord paramount by your liege king(emperor level) or only to create it yourself? I was given it before by mine but had only a few counties to my name. Maybe because I was generating the most taxes?

And just to add to that last bit...being a lord paramount allows you to vassalize lords and high lords so I would be able to ask my liege to grant me some of her lord/highlord vassals?

Last edited:
Is it common that the AI-king totally messes up the Iron Throne with crazy vassal management like granting the Trident to the Onion knight or assigning Littlefinger as a vassal to Greatjon Umber all the time? I don't even recognize the vanilla AI giving a duchy to some random count on the other side of the realm/world instead of someone within the dejure duchy and stuff like that... Is it a bug or has someone maybe found a way to deal with it? Its confusing and ugly even though I have to admit that it produces a few funny moments...:D
Unfortunately it is just the ai being wonky

Reactions:
Is it normal for me to be able to invite members of the nights watch to my court? because I can, and says theyll accept
We cannot conditionally disable diplomatic actions, they are either on or off. So the black brothers will accept if they have a high enough opinion of you etc. but after a while a maintenance event will send them back to the watch. Honestly only the player will ever do this so just don't and it is fine, or do and you get them as a courtier for a while who cannot really do anything before they get sent back.

We cannot conditionally disable diplomatic actions, they are either on or off. So the black brothers will accept if they have a high enough opinion of you etc. but after a while a maintenance event will send them back to the watch. Honestly only the player will ever do this so just don't and it is fine, or do and you get them as a courtier for a while who cannot really do anything before they get sent back.
Ah so they cant be married? Thats good, ill just pretend they are visiting like Sam did last week then :)

Now if only my dynastic uncle would come back from his 15 year foreign tour....like Sam decided not to...last week :(

Last edited:
1. How come some cities can build "wineries" not "wine cellars" that are available in castle, but rather the wineries that provide 6.00 income in the first upgrade? I see Plankytown and lemonwood in dorne both provide it, but right next door in salt shore the cities do not.Seeing as they are part of broken arm lordship, belonging to the capital of dorne could that be why?

2. a significant portion of targaryens are wearing eyepatches

Last edited:
1. How come some cities can build "wineries" not "wine cellars" that are available in castle, but rather the wineries that provide 6.00 income in the first upgrade? I see Plankytown and lemonwood in dorne both provide it, but right next door in salt shore the cities do not.Seeing as they are part of broken arm lordship, belonging to the capital of dorne could that be why?

2. a significant portion of targaryens are wearing eyepatches
1. Cities in the Arbor, Scourge, Godsgrace, Plankytown, Lemonwood and Sunspear can have the city only building called a winery which gives tax income. The wine cellar building itself is not possible to build (we disabled it from being built) as the fertility effect does not actually work.
2. Probably got a lunatic event or introduced a new fashion in the court which is eye patches

Oh is that a limitation of the game engine or a development choice? Btw ive gotten to really enjoy the mod, Are you guys planning on adding more features in the future or is it considered complete barring future dlc compatibility?

Also are there any events that are triggered by visiting locations other than those restricted to those who have a dragon egg to hatch? And if location events are restricted to dragons they are only applicable to the player not his commanders correct?

Aaaaaand does anyone know a reliable way to kill your ruler other than putting them in command of a small army and risking capture or using cheats? I tried old valyria sea, kills everyone but my ruler and gives me yi ti religion =/

Last edited:
Oh is that a limitation of the game engine or a development choice? Btw ive gotten to really enjoy the mod, Are you guys planning on adding more features in the future or is it considered complete barring future dlc compatibility?

Also are there any events that are triggered by visiting locations other than those restricted to those who have a dragon egg to hatch? And if location events are restricted to dragons they are only applicable to the player not his commanders correct?

Aaaaaand does anyone know a reliable way to kill your ruler other than putting them in command of a small army and risking capture or using cheats? I tried old valyria sea, kills everyone but my ruler and gives me yi ti religion =/
Which bit are you referring to as a limitation? There are constantly more features added, new DLCs just generally make it easier to find new mechanics to incorporate.
I do not believe there are any others that have a specific location you must go to to trigger.
Console or spam hunts until you die, or go an lead a small army against overwhelming odds and try to fight a duel and lose.

Oh im referring to the buildings that dont provide any bonuses so that you had to disable their construction.

And Im glad to hear that you guys are still adding to it. Between this and CK2+ i am probably never going back to vanilla.

I was hoping for hunting as a way out but I think maybe its a bug for me since I dont see the option under intrigue anymore. I see feasts and summer fairs but no hunts. I dont have Way of Life either. Is it accessed some other way? Update on this: Maybe female rulers cant do this since my now male ruler can

Last edited:
1. I cant seem to demand a trial after being imprisoned anymore. I already escaped from the same ruler through trial before. is it a once per capture for each character lock?

2. Is the only way to take the targaryan valyrian blades through raiding them and getting lucky, or killing them all and hoping it passes to me somehow? Idk how this happened but when I began playing I invited a targaryan noble to my court, the sister of Vaekan Targaryan, current king of the iron throne. She was second in line to the title and followed the faith of the 7 which is how I was allowed to get her. I dont know WHY this happened, as no other targs follow a foreign religion. Maybe its historical? Either way, shes now on the throne but still has siblings which the sword will pass to. Do I have to kill each targaryen until it passes to her child of my dynasty?

EDIT: named swords do not seem to pass on to you. married 1nd to last surviving hightower she didnt inherit the val blade.

Last edited:
how can I win as stannis? I haven't fought a single fight against the Iron Throne, but they can occupy everything and get to 100% (Clash Of Kings 2300 start). I just liberated the North and was marching towards the Crownlands ...

how can I win as stannis? I haven't fought a single fight against the Iron Throne, but they can occupy everything and get to 100% (Clash Of Kings 2300 start). I just liberated the North and was marching towards the Crownlands ...
You're in line for the Iron Throne I think, try to die in personal combat so you get resurrected as an immortal R'hhlor-zombie then plot to assassinate Tommen, as long as you have Melisandre a shadow baby event might pop up.

Question: how do I succeed as pirates/wildlings? It's revolts 24/7...