• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it ever to possible to free Jaime Lannister in the COK start date. I tried restarting about 10 times and every time he was executed by Rob within a month or two. The one time he wasn't killed he was sent to the wall.

How to disable crown headgear for host leaders? For instance Aegon Blackfyre in 2195 isn't king but he still wears that stupid looking silver crown and I think it'd look a lot nicer if I was able to remove it and have him not wear headgear at all like the Lords Paramount do.

So, strong seed...
The Vikarys have not given birth to any child with the Reyne features in 300 years and about 200 of them being born during the period (kept checking cause I really like those features). Is it not possible anymore for that to happen or was that just a freak of statistics? Also, they don't seem quite prone to recreating the Reynes once I put them in charge of Castamere anymore.

reinstalled the whole game, now it works as intended sorry for the stupid request.

but now got a real question, what about the ruin regions? im playing as lord of the rock but lannisport is ruin... can I colonise it? and if thats the case how? i cant find anything on the interface

After reforming the Drowned God religion to include divine marriage, why can't I marry myself to my daughter? I can arrange marriages between my children, they can be my lovers and concubines, but I just can't marry them.

Reactions:
reinstalled the whole game, now it works as intended sorry for the stupid request.

but now got a real question, what about the ruin regions? im playing as lord of the rock but lannisport is ruin... can I colonise it? and if thats the case how? i cant find anything on the interface

Colonizing costs 1000 ducats, once you have the money an alert should appear that'll take you to the option to colonize (IIRC it's the alert icon Vanilla uses to alert you of having no crown focus). Alternatively, you can select the province you want to colonize and right-click on it's county-coat of arms which should give you the option to colonize it.

So, strong seed...
The Vikarys have not given birth to any child with the Reyne features in 300 years and about 200 of them being born during the period (kept checking cause I really like those features). Is it not possible anymore for that to happen or was that just a freak of statistics? Also, they don't seem quite prone to recreating the Reynes once I put them in charge of Castamere anymore.
Check their charinfo ethnicity. If there are no reyne_ethn running around, your probably out of luck.

Something I have wondered about for a while, but how do most people tend to handle colonization? do you just hold it personally until its done and then hand if off? or is there any benefit to passing it off ot vassals to take care of? will they just ruin it again? If I pass it off to a vassal of a different culture and religion than mine, will the province become their culture/religion, or will it be mine?

The culture of a colony will allways be the culture and religion of the capital of the holder. If you give it to a vassal it will become the culture and religion of his capital (if the colony is the capital it will stay the same as before colonizing)
There are benefits:
-The vassal might not ask for money and pay the costs for failure instead of you. If you give the colony to someone with very high stewardship it has a good chance to colonize very fast.
-You might want to keep the culture and religion intact and you have a different culture in your capital.
-Your own steward is free to do something else.

I keep colonies most of the time, because it is safer and you might find treasure. Allways make sure your capital has the desired culture you want.

Can anyone help dumb me here? How customizable it is to move the capital from Kingslanding to some other place?
Can I give another barony to the Kingsguard, revoke the White Tower and have they stay in their new home instead of reverting to their old seat?
And if I can't move them, are they still working for me or just to any one lord I give Kingslanding to? Will I still be able to chose and use them if that happens?
Also... if I move the capital to another part, can I create the title of Lord Paramount of the Crownlands and give it away to whoever holds Kingslanding? I feel like this, in particular, would make sense.

I know that, geographically, Kingslanding sits in a pretty sweet spot to gather soldiers from most kingdoms or to go against Essos, but roleplayng wise, it often feels it would make sense to pack the crown and wipe the slate clean if you take the Seven Kingdoms with certain cultures, instead of ruling entirely surrounded by enemies.

Is it ever to possible to free Jaime Lannister in the COK start date. I tried restarting about 10 times and every time he was executed by Rob within a month or two. The one time he wasn't killed he was sent to the wall.

I think that might be just a matter of luck. I've seen Jaime languish for yeeeeears in prison and be freed by might or (I supose) plot about as many times as I've seen him being executed by Stark.

Can anyone help dumb me here? How customizable it is to move the capital from Kingslanding to some other place?
Can I give another barony to the Kingsguard, revoke the White Tower and have they stay in their new home instead of reverting to their old seat?
And if I can't move them, are they still working for me or just to any one lord I give Kingslanding to? Will I still be able to chose and use them if that happens?
Also... if I move the capital to another part, can I create the title of Lord Paramount of the Crownlands and give it away to whoever holds Kingslanding? I feel like this, in particular, would make sense.

I know that, geographically, Kingslanding sits in a pretty sweet spot to gather soldiers from most kingdoms or to go against Essos, but roleplayng wise, it often feels it would make sense to pack the crown and wipe the slate clean if you take the Seven Kingdoms with certain cultures, instead of ruling entirely surrounded by enemies.
Depends if you are moving the capital after Aegon’s conquest or during. If its durring/immedietly after, there’s a handy event that does all the legwork for you including changing the parameters and borders of the Crown lands.(though you usually have to do change a couple of values/names, like for Harrenhall for example you need to set one of the towers to be the Kings guard)

If you want to do it later, you’d have to use console commands to move the Kingsguard with you (console give white sword tower to yourself then console give them a barony in the new capital). The bigger problem though is there is a decision “Move to Kings landing” that will always be available and the AI is set to always take it, so if you aren’t planning to remain the King the capital will go right back.
Not sure about the crownlands question.

Hello fellow Lords and Kings.. I got an issue after a break of playing CK2 I cant play it an more.. I downloaded the newist Version, install it and started it. Everthing fine.
Then I select a Character and starting the New Game.. Everthing is fine until the moment i unpause the Game. After about 4-5 Days it crashes.. I tried oder Versions etc but always the same Thing happend.. Anyone got a solution for my Problem?

Hello fellow Lords and Kings.. I got an issue after a break of playing CK2 I cant play it an more.. I downloaded the newist Version, install it and started it. Everthing fine.
Then I select a Character and starting the New Game.. Everthing is fine until the moment i unpause the Game. After about 4-5 Days it crashes.. I tried oder Versions etc but always the same Thing happend.. Anyone got a solution for my Problem?
If might just be that it isnt patched to the Iron Century bookmark, you can try reverting to 3.1 and then try again

Any quick and easy way to disable the Curse of Harrenhal? Looking at playing one of the extra bookmarks before Harren is even born, let alone finished building his cursed castle, so it feels a little odd to see the modifier at play. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I imagine hashing out the modifier may do the trick, but want to be sure :)

Last edited:
Any quick and easy way to disable the Curse of Harrenhal? Looking at playing one of the extra bookmarks before Harren is even born, let alone finished building his cursed castle, so it feels a little odd to see the modifier at play. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I imagine hashing out the modifier may do the trick, but want to be sure :)
I don't think the modifier is in effect before the Castle is burned, does it? If they still do, I guess firing the last event in the Harrenhall rebuilding chain would do the trick?