Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Update V1.404 "Triceratops 2"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow! Thanks, it was unexpected.
Can you also fix exploit with one-shot operation (like Mass Driver Cannon) when you attack with some scout enemy stack, kill an expensive unit and surrender? Possible way to fix: add start on cooldown for such operation (2-3 combat rounds).

I am of the opinion that tactic is a legitimate. Mass Driver still costs 7 Operation points. Make ur enemy pay for it by winning a important battle where those 7 operation points is missing and then he'll be kicking himself in frustration as he loses his entire army.

Reactions:
I've been playing the game for months with friends and Monday night was the last time were able to play. Since the new update, we haven't been able to successfully play Multiplayer again. The game crashes to desktop without option to report anything whenever we try to play Multiplayer. Sometimes it crashes in the lobby, sometimes while joining a lobby. Literally unplayable. We all bought the game on the Microsoft Store, and unlike the people who bought the game on Steam, we had no problems with the launcher. We've tried pretty much everything from 'repair' to uninstalling entirely and reinstalling. We all also made sure Windows updates are up to date as well as graphics drivers. Please help, we're all busy and only have a few hours a week to play.
Sorry for the late response, M0gr0n. Thanks for reaching out.

Although initially we had no issues with multiplayer on MS Store on our side; after trying with multiple users we did encounter the same issues. Crashes on multiple occassions in different instances. It appears to only happen in the MS Store build of the game. Although we don't know the direct cause for this issue yet; we are looking into it now! If you have any additional information that might help (like,the amount of players, if you all have all DLCs or not etc.), that would be appreciated.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A patch just went live on Microsoft Store that should address the multiplayer issues! (1.0.30.0)

@M0gr0n That should hopefully resolve the issues that you were encountering!

• 2Like
Reactions:
We just dropped a tiny update on all supported PC and Mac platforms that has the following changes for our modders and mod users:

Update V1.404.43827 - Update Notes

Modding
  • Fixed that the warning related to outdated mods on the main menu would show after small updates and hotfixes; as it is only intended to show after major updates.
  • The warning dialog for mod related issues when loading a save game or multiplayer game now gives the option to ignore the warning and continue playing (this could lead to instability depending on the mod, always try to update your mods if possible).

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
We just dropped a tiny update on all supported PC and Mac platforms that has the following changes for our modders and mod users:

Update V1.404.43827 - Update Notes

Modding
  • Fixed that the warning related to outdated mods on the main menu would show after small updates and hotfixes; as it is only intended to show after major updates.
  • The warning dialog for mod related issues when loading a save game or multiplayer game now gives the option to ignore the warning and continue playing (this could lead to instability depending on the mod, always try to update your mods if possible).
Thanks, was wondering what this update entailed. Also, thanks for the continued support for Planetfall.

Reactions:
A bit off-topic, I will admit, but I wanted to ask a question:
In the DLC05_Relics_GalacticEmpire.rpk, you can find 'Chaos Oracle (Apostate) - Item (Adversary HERO VEHICLE)' as well as the Tyrant. But you can't actually aquire it ingame because the value of 'Is Free Item' is set to 'false', which needs to be 'true' for vehicles to be carried over since you can't select them in the loadout.

Now my question is, is that actually intended or was it an oversight? Was it disabled on purpose?

A bit off-topic, I will admit, but I wanted to ask a question:
In the DLC05_Relics_GalacticEmpire.rpk, you can find 'Chaos Oracle (Apostate) - Item (Adversary HERO VEHICLE)' as well as the Tyrant. But you can't actually aquire it ingame because the value of 'Is Free Item' is set to 'false', which needs to be 'true' for vehicles to be carried over since you can't select them in the loadout.

Now my question is, is that actually intended or was it an oversight? Was it disabled on purpose?
You can definitely get both. You can get them as rewards through quests and landmark/location clearings. You can also obtain them via the RUIJTER cheat.

@DireDave, any update on the newsletter cosmetics being unlocked or sold? I only heard of the game after the sign up campaign had ended.

You can definitely get both. You can get them as rewards through quests and landmark/location clearings. You can also obtain them via the RUIJTER cheat.
Well, yes, but I meant the Empire Mode. See, stuff like Injectors of the Therarian are not coded at all, but the Apostate Vehicles are, telegraphing that, at some point, there had been an intention to have them carry over with said relic.
Well, it probably is something they initially tested and decided 'yeah, no, that is too strong' and scrapped it, but still.

This update ruined planetfall .removed all factions except forgotten from Tomb world's further reducing online population . Restricted all npc factions but thermals from xenoplague worlds ...worst decision ever . Removed ability to play old save games ...resulting in over 300k dollars in refunds to players who bought the game ..... literally put name restrictions on certain races ....restricted secret tech for Shkarn ... non listed debunks for Paragons ... unannounced buffs for psi fish ...deleting players save games without permission . I'm glad I got my money back and deleted this game .I don't wanna play a game I can't customize MY planet ...and put what npc I want on the planet instead of what THE DEVELOPER WHO DOESNT EVEN PLAY THE GAME .WANTS . Not about what developers want....it's about what the players wanted...and you couldn't even do that right .pathetic

Reactions:
This update ruined planetfall .removed all factions except forgotten from Tomb world's further reducing online population . Restricted all npc factions but thermals from xenoplague worlds ...worst decision ever . Removed ability to play old save games ...resulting in over 300k dollars in refunds to players who bought the game ..... literally put name restrictions on certain races ....restricted secret tech for Shkarn ... non listed debunks for Paragons ... unannounced buffs for psi fish ...deleting players save games without permission . I'm glad I got my money back and deleted this game .I don't wanna play a game I can't customize MY planet ...and put what npc I want on the planet instead of what THE DEVELOPER WHO DOESNT EVEN PLAY THE GAME .WANTS . Not about what developers want....it's about what the players wanted...and you couldn't even do that right .pathetic
I am quite sure there was no 300k $ refund, you just made that up. Because this update came out how many years after the game's release? And you can only ask for refunds in like, 8-12 hours gameplay after buying the game?
Also, I read the change log and it says not one of these things you listed. Where are you pulling these changes from? I don't see them listed anywhere.