• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ArnoutS

Developer
Paradox Staff
8 Badges
May 17, 2018
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
e8b9faf0e23300276cc0ded5ca738d64e44f9261.png

As we are about to get ready for PDXCON we have an update for the Ankylosaurus patch. The Ankylosaurus 2 update fixes gameplay, multiplayer and interface issues. Of course we have already been working on cool stuff for you folks. For more about that come find us in Berlin at PDXCON; if you can't make it, keep an eye on PDX news & updates on social media!

V1.006.1 - Ankylosaurus 2

Gameplay
• Fixed missing translations
• Fixed issue where sometimes strategic actions, such as “build (forward-)base” would not be cancelled when a player was defeated.

Multiplayer
• Fixed that disconnecting while kicking a player would cause out of sync issues after a rejoin
• Fixed that you could cancel back to the previous menu while kicking a player

Interface
• Fixed that hero and unit icons would sometimes disappear
• Fixed that text in the lists in the Imperial Archives would be offset
• Fixed that you could not call NPC factions to war
• Fixed that the research tree had a big cross when playing with fixed teams

Last edited:
Well done Triumph! Love you!

Some points for the next:

- Limit turns in battle to prevent a hero with 100HP and 15% regen to take alone on whatever the game has by simply walking out of range to regen (as it was in AoW3). Max battle round should be 10-ish turns. Kir'ko starting hero can reach 8 lvl for 8 turns on small map: https://imgur.com/a/GShdxyw

- rework Synthesys - 1 research for all you need end game mods is too much, move those up the research tree and separate them.

- Limit turns in battle to prevent a hero with 100HP and 15% regen to take alone on whatever the game has by simply walking out of range to regen (as it was in AoW3). Max battle round should be 10-ish turns. Kir'ko starting hero can reach 8 lvl for 8 turns on small map: https://imgur.com/a/GShdxyw

- rework Synthesys - 1 research for all you need end game mods is too much, move those up the research tree and separate them.

Be happy freezer was slow and didn't manage lvl 12 a turn or two prior :D

Edit: NVM he is celestian so that hero isn't 12 for a reason. I guess you will find out soon enough.

These are on our radar for the next update :cool:

I would love if, while playing with teams in a battle, each player moved one unit until we moved the whole troop opposed to moving the whole troop while other players watch.

This would prevent a player being bored while watching his teammate moving his whole troop until he could move his.

It would also prevent that one player alone could wipe out the enemy in the first round, while the other player just watch lol

Last edited:
I would love if, while playing with teams in a battle, each player moved one unit we moved the whole troop. This would prevent a player being bored while watching his teammate moving his whole troop until he could move his.

It would also prevent that one player alone could wipe out the enemy in the first round lol

Is a cool plan, but would really alter the base game. I can imagine this working with units having (and mods improving) an 'initiative' stat, that determines in which order units may take turns. Would mess with many 'until end of turn', 'x turns', 'start of next turn' etc effects. Not sure this can be modded, but will definitely make battles a whole lot different.

I was thinking something more simple, because I think the initiative would be a lot of work to devs, even if it's an awesome feature.

When we are moving our troops, there isn't initiative and we can select which unit we move first, so I was thinking about using this same feature, but each time you moved an unit, your teammate would move an unit of his troops as well, until you both finished moving your whole troops. Then the next team would do the same

Limit turns in battle to prevent a hero with 100HP and 15% regen to take alone on whatever the game has by simply walking out of range to regen (as it was in AoW3). Max battle round should be 10-ish turns. Kir'ko starting hero can reach 8 lvl for 8 turns on small map: https://imgur.com/a/GShdxyw
I think this is mostly an issue with Regeneration, not the (lack of) a turn limit.

The current Implementation is both very fitting, and very problematic balance wise. Something like a Regen cap per strategic turn or it granting temporary HP that refresh each global turn could easily fix this.

Also you did use a Veteran Background for this. You tried to hide it by obscuring the name, but I can see the secondary "Combat Experience" buff.

It would be a pain to do big combats. This is issue of manual combats only.
Not really. I rarely get to turn 5 in large battles. And I mean "4-5 vs 3 Stacks+Garission" city battles big.
The time you need to do each turn does get longer in larger battles. But the number of turns does not scale anywhere near that level. It is still in your best interest to finish the combat fast, to minize damage and thus unit losses.
Unless of course you got Regen. Then you actually should try to drag it out and keep units save.

I think this is mostly an issue with Regeneration, not the (lack of) a turn limit.

The current Implementation is both very fitting, and very problematic balance wise. Something like a Regen cap per strategic turn or it granting temporary HP that refresh each global turn could easily fix this.

Also you did use a Veteran Background for this. You tried to hide it by obscuring the name, but I can see the secondary "Combat Experience" buff.

It is not his hero. He masked the name because it is from an online match and the hero he is fighting is generating ~8-12 population a turn and the real reason that hero is still only such a low level at that turn.

Reaching lvl 8 is a matter of 3-5 turns on moderate threat level with or without veteran.

These are on our radar for the next update :cool:
Please don't limit turns.. I love this game. There's no reason to limit turns. If a hero has insane regen, limit the regen. Armies aren't just going to give up after 10 turns for no reason, that's what surrender and retreat are for. :\
It's a personal issue for me, sure, but I hate limited turns and would probably stop playing. :\ Unless it's an option you can turn on or off, then hey have at it. xD I just love the game too much to read this and not speak my small piece.

Please don't limit turns.. I love this game. There's no reason to limit turns. If a hero has insane regen, limit the regen. Armies aren't just going to give up after 10 turns for no reason, that's what surrender and retreat are for. :\
It's a personal issue for me, sure, but I hate limited turns and would probably stop playing. :\ Unless it's an option you can turn on or off, then hey have at it. xD I just love the game too much to read this and not speak my small piece.

I agree, I hate the idea of limiting turns. Nerf regen, not turns.
While I am all for a sensible Regen Nerf/Mechanic correction, a 10 turn term limit is very unlikely to affect any combat I ever saw. And would cover a lot of edge cases, like a scout attacking a enemy party without AA, wiping a high power army.