• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ArnoutS

Developer
Paradox Staff
8 Badges
May 17, 2018
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Hello everyone!

Patch v1.003 is available and ready to be updated.

We’ve been keeping track of the reports coming in and have made a patch that will solve many of these issues. It contains the following fixes:

• Fixed hangs and crashes occurring while the is starting up, i.e. before displaying the main menu.
  • Fixed a freeze that would occur for some users on the game loading screen.
  • Fixed a freeze that would occur for some users when loading a map.
  • Fixed an issue for players with remapped Documents folder that would prevent the game from saving data. E.g. settings, customized commanders, save games. Note that this includes a fix for language not being correctly set in-game when changing them through the Paradox Launcher.
  • In-game language selection dropdown now fits all core languages without the need of scrolling. This means you no longer need to scroll down for the simplified chinese option, preventing players missing the option.
  • Fixed a crash in Leave-6 - the first Vanguard - campaign during the Syndicate quest line, when taking a specific story branch - i.e. following her quest line.
  • Fixed an issue where the player was unable to buy the dwelling through peaceful means.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in lesser quality tutorial maps due to random map generation.
  • Fixed an issue for GoG users that caused false positive when checking for build compatibility in multiplayer games. This triggered warnings asking players to update their build before they could continue their game, when this was not required.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking on the “End Turn” event would not end the turn.
  • Fixed an issue where customization was not correctly applied in the Leave-6 - first vanguard - campaign map, after playing the tutorial. Note that this does mean that mods and experience gained in the tutorial map no longer carry over to the Leave-6 map. Jack(y) lost those in cryosleep, sorry.
  • ‘Hide password protected games’ is now disabled by default in the multiplayer lobby.
  • Fixed an issue where the wrong custom commanders can be deleted, if custom commanders were ‘disabled’ due to disabling mods or DLC.

We hope you have been enjoying the game so far! We will continue putting our efforts into resolving all remaining issues!

For any issues please report them to:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/age-of-wonders-planetfall-bug-reports.1056/

Have a nice day exploring the remnants of the Star Union!

There are typos in the "combat card" tooltip when seting up the game under advanced options. If im correct it should be spenT instead of spenD.
There was a typo in one of the imperial archives or was it the tutorial with vanguard, cant remember, it had ",," two comas instead one

What about missing outfit for male vanguard hero? The shorter and darker version of a coat. The 9 outfit option in character customisation. Female characters have it but male characters don't. Will you fix it or add it?

Last edited:
Do any updates you post like this apply to both PC and console versions? I'm playing on XBOX and want to know that my platform of choice will be supported to the same degree as the PC version. All too often that is not the case.

There are a couple things I have found, but it's not clear if they are bugs or design decisions.

The game auto-saves to a new, separate file at the beginning of each and every manual combat, even though I turned off the only entry about auto-saves that I could find in the Settings menu. I really, really don't need my Saves folder to eventually bulge with thousands of save files. {8^))

Some quests are offered with only an "accept" button, and little description to explain just what is being requested and what the consequences will be of carrying out the quest. There have been quests I have taken that I would not have if I had had any other choice. Again, maybe it is supposed to be that way?

I really haven't encountered bugs yet that were clearly "This is a bug!" Altogether, a pretty smooth launch.

One thing that is clearly not a bug, but is disappointing is that the leader customization options seem very limited after AoW3. I am not so much talking about the costume parts, which were expanded a lot in AoW3 through the expacs if I am remembering that correctly, but I want to pick colors for my shield and there are only a few colors to choose from, and half of them are almost the same color. "You can pick yellow for this part, but not for that part!" Why not? "Look, we gave you twelve colors to choose from!" But five of them are pretty much just different shades of gray. I'm not upset by that. The gameplay is what really matters, and I have have been enjoying it so far. It just seems like an odd place to skimp on a feature.

All that being said, I have already played the game a ton, and have been enjoying it. I am completely happy that I pre-ordered it. The product is very much in line with what I have come to expect from Triumph going back all the way to when I first got hooked with the original AoW in the mid-'90s.

There are a couple things I have found, but it's not clear if they are bugs or design decisions.

The game auto-saves to a new, separate file at the beginning of each and every manual combat, even though I turned off the only entry about auto-saves that I could find in the Settings menu. I really, really don't need my Saves folder to eventually bulge with thousands of save files. {8^))

This one (or at least, the Combat-Auto-Save system) Triumph's being made/been made aware of.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/autosaves.1230290/

Fair point, you also made me realize that Combat Auto-Saves might not actually count towards that number or not delete a previous auto-save which could result in ever growing auto-save lists. So that is something we will be looking into.

Fixed an issue where customization was not correctly applied in the Leave-6 - first vanguard - campaign map, after playing the tutorial. Note that this does mean that mods and experience gained in the tutorial map no longer carry over to the Leave-6 map. Jack(y) lost those in cryosleep, sorry.
This will not fix it for games that already passed the Toutorial. A new game has to be started.

I guess I will have to start a new game to fix that.

Do any updates you post like this apply to both PC and console versions? I'm playing on XBOX and want to know that my platform of choice will be supported to the same degree as the PC version. All too often that is not the case.
Hey Ioticus, we aim to support PC and Console to the same degree, however a lot of the issues in this patch are PC specific. We are working on a patch for consoles, which will include relevant fixes made on PC and some console specific fixes. This patch should be a matter of days, not weeks.

Would love to see this show up on the steam news. I see the game have been patched, but nothing is explained on what have been updated when i select the news/client update

Would love to see this show up on the steam news. I see the game have been patched, but nothing is explained on what have been updated when i select the news/client update
I guess you are looking at the Channels filter, in that case it's under Steam Community Announcements. Which admittedly is a bit of a weird place