Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Dev Diary #62: AI Personalities & Diplomacy Improvements

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This all sounds very cool and helpful! I too was often wondering what the AI wants, or why they refuse an alliance. This will help in determining what they are like and what you can do to be friendly with them - or whether you even should bother trying.
I like that you can finally trade items, that was very useful in AOW3 - even if sometimes later they ended up using those items against you. :D Such is diplomacy! As it is, currently there is little to do with allies after you shared everything you can with them.

I would not view this stuff as "the AI is telling me their plans". Because that is wrong.
It looks more like the AI sends a message, and your invisible team of diplomatic and intelligence advisors study the message, and provide you with a report on what the message means within the context of what you know about that Commander at the time.
So, its just more realistic.

AI Personalities are actually based on Race, Secret Tech and Perks; trying to find out what their personality is throughout the game, is part of the system. Different commander setups will have different sets of personalities that you will have to discover

• 1Like
Reactions: