Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Dev Diary #59: The Therians

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After todays stream:
- Bunnies aoe attack has a really cool animation. Plus they're cute (their facial aniamtion)
- Squirrel has cute ears (are all these long years a feature of Therians?). It's hilarious how far it throws those grenades :p

As I predicted John "Deer" (ofc, they needed to link it with the "tractor" company, everyone does that) is the "founding father" of Therians. He was a scientist who was trying to save his ill wife with gene splicing. He didn't succeed but he created Therians when he was at it (of course :p). They grew a cult around him.

The Therian units did look neat in the short fight, though I do hope they're not too suicidal in autoresolve; that bunny jumping in to AOE made me wonder, though it's definately a small sample size and I imagine something they'll keep their eyes on.

On the other hand that suicidal altitude goes well with how the unit is potrayed :p I know it might very well be an AI issue more then anything, but on the other hand neutral stacks aren't exactly there to stay (let's be honest, a player will roll over most of them with ease unless they're some kind of high tier landmark garrison or quest boss), so their main purpose is to "hurt" you as much as they can before they die. And as we see with Tom's stream: they really can bring the pain :D

I think there is a different approach for autoresolve AI.