Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Dev Diary #48: The Ankylosaurus Update

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do not usually build any new colonies before turn 30, never caused me any problems. I use my initial cosmite to mod units, get the units to be elite and set up lots of forward bases at the locations I eventually intend my colonies to be. New colonies just demand more starting forces because you need to clear out all their sectors, the extra which needs cosmite to mod them, or you will be spending energy and production replacing them when they die. It is quite a while before your new colonies are worth your time to have, but all those extra forces need upgrading and in some cases replacing now.
If I do settle, I always settle to either grab more Cosmite or something realy valuable later (like a Dwelling or higher Tier Landmark).
Bonus points if I can not grow because I lack Happiness buildings.

That way the Colonizer investment quickly pays off.

If I do settle, I always settle to either grab more Cosmite or something realy valuable later (like a Dwelling or higher Tier Landmark).
Bonus points if I can not grow because I lack Happiness buildings.

That way the Colonizer investment quickly pays off.

Yes cosmite nodes are about the only thing that can tempt me to build settlers early in the game. The game revolves around cosmite nodes and this patch makes them even more valuable, one of the main uses of cosmite is to sell to friendly players to get more energy to build units. Now cosmite is even more valuable than it was before, the game is even more cosmite-centred than it was before.

Yes cosmite nodes are about the only thing that can tempt me to build settlers early in the game. The game revolves around cosmite nodes and this patch makes them even more valuable, one of the main uses of cosmite is to sell to friendly players to get more energy to build units. Now cosmite is even more valuable than it was before, the game is even more cosmite-centred than it was before.
What? If anything, it looses a bit of value.
The first Colonizer is 10 cosmite cheaper. So you throw it out earlier and at less cost.

The next one costs 10 Cosmite more (the old value), but you propably got a +5 income from that first one.
If that one also get's one comiste node, you are already at +15. Way earlier then you would have been.

What? If anything, it looses a bit of value.
The first Colonizer is 10 cosmite cheaper. So you throw it out earlier and at less cost.

The next one costs 10 Cosmite more (the old value), but you propably got a +5 income from that first one.
If that one also get's one comiste node, you are already at +15. Way earlier then you would have been.

I was talking about selling cosmite to other players.