Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Dev Diary #42: The Spacers NPC Faction

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These guys look awesome.

Am I right in thinking the mad preacher is the t3?

In which case look at those stats!

Not OP at all.

I'm going to make it my goal to have a full army of the Melters.

These guys look awesome.

Am I right in thinking the mad preacher is the t3?

In which case look at those stats!

Not OP at all.

I'm going to make it my goal to have a full army of the Melters.
It's T4, you can see it o the top left of the unit screen.

Those guys are really versatile, 4 damage types! Got everything except the arc.

So will Capture The Effigy multiplayer mode be available in the base game or will it come in DLC? ;)

"Captain, wipe those pathetic Spacers from the face of galaxy."

The Star Union more and more sounds like it was run by a Stellaris player lol. "Chemical Bliss" living standards....

While their backstory smells like Chemical Bliss, i must disagree. The Star Union was a empire that enslaved and cut the the hive-mind link of the Kir´ko, allowed the Syndicate to exploit people into slavery, allowed physical, biological and mechanical experiment without regard for safety and without even asking themselves "Should i research that?". They got a project to create a cyborg army to further oppress their citizens, the ones by the way they already controlled with chemical food. Also they probably have done something that allowed the void to swept freely for the galaxy.

All in all they are too nice and good to be an Stellaris empire. Where are the purges? The Xeno-burgers? The unnecessary wars to make tributaries or vassals or to get The Galatron? The anal-probing of less technologically advanced species? The Star Union are newbies in galactic atrocities compared to any player of Stellaris ;)

So how will you treat the Spacers? Whoop their raider asses and show them who's boss, or show them the way back to "civilization" (whatever that might be in your empire)

I´ll have whatever faction I´m gonna play join hands with the Spacers in order to recreate their lost VR paradise.

also "...never mind all the camera drones..." was priceless :D

OK I'll have a go.

Least: Vanguard and Dvar.

Most: Syndicate.

Bear in mind I am actually interested in Vanguard and Dvar, I am interested in all the races, but someone has to be last, and they are the most similar to existing real world tech.

These dev diary’s are bringing the goods up until release day keep it up only complaint would be not knowing any info on even a single DLC drop the premium backers some love haha

Are not "campaigns" in Planetfall merely specially scripted scenario planets? As in the pre-order and Deluxe/Premium sets? Or am I missing something?

There are campaigns, which are intended to develop a story.

And there are special scenarios, which are random maps generated according to specific parameters. The special scenario we know of is Infested Planet, which is apparently a world themed on a Xenoplague infestation.

Everyone gets the campaign, but the scenario is a deluxe thing?

I get that the game lets us play different races on different planets in single player games but I have not read of any “campaign” aspect that carries forward outcomes of one game into the next. Is not each single player game a stand alone event? Unrelated to the previous ones? I saw nothing in the preview games that implied something about “the next planet you fight on.” I suppose one could call the game a campaign but that flies in the face of traditional definitions of a campaign, which include linked scenarios, say. in the manner of the close combat series of games, for example.

I get that the game lets us play different races on different planets in single player games but I have not read of any “campaign” aspect that carries forward outcomes of one game into the next. Is not each single player game a stand alone event? Unrelated to the previous ones? I saw nothing in the preview games that implied something about “the next planet you fight on.” I suppose one could call the game a campaign but that flies in the face of traditional definitions of a campaign, which include linked scenarios, say. in the manner of the close combat series of games, for example.
It's here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-the-next-gen-campaign.1186504/#post-25533565