Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Dev Diary #37: Planet Generation Part I

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will there be a built-in map editor? I'm also assuming maps will be highly moddable Seriously, the thing that first got me into wandering around the Steam workshop was maps for Portal 2.

From the second part it appears you right, the Map is extremely modable, to the point where you can make your own campaigns.

A friend had an interesting remark, when he saw the generator:

You know, this reminds me of XCOM2(He's playing it on Commander + Ironman). They also had this "random" system where they wanted to be fair. At some point I knew exactly where the enemy will be because of that.

Suggestion: Maybe give the balls some option to create uneven regions. Not only value wise, but perhaps also vastly different size. Or something to vary it up.

The balls are more varied in size then you see in this sample. Some are combined to create larger sectors. We hope to take this further post release and have a bunch 'Chile' like sectors

I'm curious, how big is the biggest map? And how many different kinds of map sizes is there? I see that there is a maximum possibility of 12 players on a single map. Will be 12 player map be crazy crowded, war in first ten turns or, each starting spot is distant from each other or some is close by and then others is isolated deep in wilderness with nothing but flesh hungering zombies or flora for company?

Is it possible, its bugged? I play with my friend, we play multiplayer (and btw, we are forced to add 2 AI so we can select medium map for 1v1, because we like bigger maps. But after very first patch/hotfix, 80% of our games we start very close each other (about 5-6 sectors capitol-capitol). Thats very annoying and force us to make dozens of restarts.
We even tried to place us to 4 different teams with those two AI´s.

Would love to see in upcoming patch:
- select size of map independent on number of players
- option to affect starting distance (shouldnt be so hard to extend that circle in your algorithm)

Thanks for reply, you have done amazing work so far!

Would love to see in upcoming patch:
- select size of map independent on number of players
Hi AbedNego, you can already do this. Once the lobby is created you can go to the World Tab and change the Map Size independent from amount of players, as well as tweak other things such as World Threat Level, Turn Timers or just adjust the World Generation (not your starting points though).