Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Dev Diary #12: Your Commander

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In regards to leader creation would it be possible to lock out mods and primary/secondary items for leaders and heroes. I still doubt if it will work properly but it may be possibles with these lock to have monstrosities/non humandoid types as heroes.

In regards to leader creation would it be possible to lock out mods and primary/secondary items for leaders and heroes. I still doubt if it will work properly but it may be possibles with these lock to have monstrosities/non humandoid types as heroes.
Well, if a unit doesn't conform to most standard unit-type identifiers, that will already disallow a large portion of Mods. In Particular, if it's neither Biological nor Mechanical(lacking the traits), but rather an extraplanar energy being, or something. Disabling Primary and Secondary weapon slots might be a bit trickier, but might be possible through mod-editing?

Im wondeing that too, especially now the rigs are not mount dependent, im also wonering if they also have a seperate unique rig like aow3 if not in theory may be possible to have standard units modded up as heroes.

So if you researched unit you can use it as a vehicle/mount for hero. That's cool. It always bothered me that in AoW3 unit and mount was totally different thing.
Small suggestion: could you add random name generator in the hero creation menu with names suitable to each faction?