• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We should use mIRC to coordinate pregame and rehosts. It's a simple chat program that can get us all in the same room.

http://www.mirc.co.uk/get.html

Open the program, type your name and select a random quakenet server.

When you connect type /join #ftg

edit: ventrilo works well also.

in early posts of this thread you can find i recommended skype for that.
Really convinient for our hoi2mp games to gather

I don't think I am interested in eu2.

Who else is using 64bit system?

Also, we have not tried GameRanger yet.

Gameranger solved connection problems nicely even at previous FTG version, but there were other bugs.
The big issue what to do if host is ctd as everyone is auto-quit then (same in HOI2-AoD through gameranger), so noone could save.

But, guys, you really needed skype, like i suggested.
Saves a lot of time. Besides many people uses microphones/headset.

Why not mats? This really doesn't have much worth the change.

Anyway if mats sticks to his state of mind, we're without sweden.

I'd rather try much more to try and make this work.

That is... wierd. What would possibly influence such? Are you sure this is not mere coincidence?

yes, i think it's not mere coincidence unless i am a super lucky guy...

during my test, vanilla is less get this ctd.
i tried bundled agceep and watkabaoi 2.04 plus Andrei Gijgorev's fix. more often ctd.

did anybody made test of win7 64bit <-> win7 64bit? i am interested to know the results.

just noted that vanilla only less met this ctd, still will get this ctd.
this mp game have more people, maybe it's a pain for one successful game, becoz u need all people to successful join.

for me, only 2 people, we play vanilla , to against this ctd, we often host 5 rounds in a row, ctd->next round, until get one successful game.

hmm, did it work to insert in ftg save ?

no we used the last stand stats (our previous game) to generate leaders then ego wanted to move em to ftg save but he had issues with id ect

I wonder if results would be any different if the game was not run through moddir, but all files were pasted on top of the root folder.

I had thought of that, as well. It could be worth a try but i honestly doubt it will change anything at all.

I mean you can do compatibility but it's not the same. I'll check.

I'm starting to suspect that it has to do with DirectX10/11 vs DirectX9, even though adfs suggests it does not.

Is there a way for Vista and W7 users to use DirectX9 instead of 10/11? For just one application?

IMO vista and win7 have directx9, if the game is made by d9, it will use d9.
so whatever ftg is running under vista/win7, it's still use d9.

IMO vista and win7 have directx9, if the game is made by d9, it will use d9.
so whatever ftg is running under vista/win7, it's still use d9.
No, that's not what I read. DirectX10 and 11 are so-called backwards compatible, or so it says. Meaning for a game designed for dx9, it will not use the "extra" parts of d10 or 11, but still I am not sure exactly how it's solved; it might cause issues.

I mean you can do compatibility but it's not the same. I'll check.
I've googled a bit, but to no avail, it might be impossible.

We could always host and try it without the Vista-Windows7 users. As for directx10, obviously a game designed for directx9 will not use the new features of directx10. Games need to be specifically designed for directx10 to use them. And ONLY a few such games exist, thus why no one should ever use Windows7 or Vista for gaming purposes. The operative systems themselves are a big overload on the machine and not that good.

But obviously, the "oh, this is new" euphoria always plagues people's mind so they go use the latest windows version because they think it is the best. It is not. Vista is probably one of the worst operative systems out there for gaming except for the fact that it has directx10 which drastically changes gameplay for games such as crysis.

It is impossible to go backwards with dirextx10, anyway. It is possible to upgrade directx9 to directx10, but this is not a solution, not legal and is bad bussiness. More i will not speak.

Anyway...

ATTENTION!

We will probably try FTG online one last time during the initial hour next sunday, but if it fails, i hope everyone has EU2, patched to 1.09, and with the UMP installed on their hard drive, so that we can go back to EU2 if FTG does not work. (a link to the UMP for EU2 will be posted this wednesday on this thread once i upload it)

I also hope everyone installs gameranger this time. It is a thing that did not even need to be said but most players on this game did not have it installed. Download gameranger at: http://www.gameranger.com/

Also, i would like everyone to make a copy of FTG. We will probably override vanilla's files with the UMP if we are able to launch the game with the vanilla version of FTG.

Last edited:
We could always host and try it without the Vista-Windows7 users. As for directx10, obviously a game designed for directx9 will not use the new features of directx10. Games need to be specifically designed for directx10 to use them. And ONLY a few such games exist, thus why no one should ever use Windows7 or Vista for gaming purposes. The operative systems themselves are a big overload on the machine and not that good.

But obviously, the "oh, this is new" euphoria always plagues people's mind so they go use the latest windows version because they think it is the best. It is not. Vista is probably one of the worst operative systems out there for gaming except for the fact that it has directx10 which drastically changes gameplay for games such as crysis.

It is impossible to go backwards with dirextx10, anyway. It is possible to upgrade directx9 to directx10, but this is not a solution, not legal and is bad bussiness. More i will not speak.

Actually Windows 7 has way better functionality and compatibility with pretty much all new games that depend on the latest and most up to date drivers with a much faster memory system and the way it works with storage space on harddrives. I don't see any reason to use XP over Win7 when it comes to gaming. Not to mention that the compatibility modes for programs are actually sort of handled like a virtual machine instead of just slapping on some 256 color scheme like in XP. Also there are quite a list of games that use directx 10, many of them simply because the old limitations are starting to set in. You can always run a search for a list of games that use directx 10 or 11.

However don't get me started on the train wreck that Vista was/is.

Aaaaanyways, yes. Let's try connecting and stuff again.

No, that's not what I read. DirectX10 and 11 are so-called backwards compatible, or so it says. Meaning for a game designed for dx9, it will not use the "extra" parts of d10 or 11, but still I am not sure exactly how it's solved; it might cause issues.

I've googled a bit, but to no avail, it might be impossible.

what i have know is if game made by dx9, it still use some dll files such as d3dx9_35.dll, d3dx9_38.dll etc. under vista/win7, still will load these dll files. not using some dx10/dx11's dll to backwards compatible.

but it worth a try becoz win7 64bit is very different from xp. so we should test it with 2 players under win7 64bit. (win7 64bit <-> win7 64bit)

Just ask me when I'm on and I can try connecting with someone.

Just ask me when I'm on and I can try connecting with someone.

im using win7 64bit ultimate so if your online between 6 & 8pm today we can do a quick test monkii

me and drake managed to play, and afaik both of us have win 7 64bits