• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jester

El Jeffe De La Verca Del Fuego
66 Badges
Feb 26, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Latest Patch 1.38

Please don't post in this thread.

Newest patch as of 09-29-2005
Download here:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jestereu/alternative_grand_campaign_event.htm

The basic download on the above site is for users using the EGUFSM and the beta patches.
There is also a download for MAC users, who can not use the beta patches.

Newest version of EGUFSM for AGCEEP:
(This is a massive graphical upgrade for the AGCEEP that changes all the flags and shields to much better versions)
Download here:
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167154

Version 1.38

ENJOY

Last edited:
AGCEEP Website

Did some restructuring and updating of the website.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jestereu/alternative_grand_campaign_event.htm

This is the first webpage I have ever modified and/or uploaded. I am an HTML and personal webpage virgin, so please bear with me.

This website will get the job done, but not with much style.

MAC USERS:
There is a .rar version of 1.37 available on this page.

Last edited:
I need real help

Would anyone be willing to help me load AGCEEP while being on the phone with me to help me figure it out. Really. I am having problems and I am not the most computer savvy guy in the world. I need some help here.

How to install the AGCEEP on your computer

Note: If requested, I will happily delete this post from this thread.

Step one: Install EU2

Insert your game CD into a CD-ROM drive. A menu should pop up inviting you to install the game; if it doesn't, try viewing the CD drive.

It avoids MANY problems to uninstall your EU2 game and then reinstall from the CD, so I recommend you do it. Make a copy of your config.eu file if you like before you uninstall.

Step two: Install patches

Download an official patch for EU2 from Paradox. After downloading, open the file (it is an executable) or double-click on it.

An InstallShield Wizard will appear, and after a short time should invite you to hit 'next' to install the patch. You must agree to their terms to do so. It will then locate your EU2 game automatically and ask you to confirm the directory (hit 'Browse' if it somehow fails to do so, then find the directory yourself). After hitting 'next' again, it will automatically install the patch. After it finishes, hit 'finish' to close the Install program.

There are many places online to find patches; see my signature for the latest complete patch. AGCEEP is designed to work with the 1.08 patch (latest).

Step Three: Install Beta Patch

Download a beta patch from the links provided on the Paradox forums. Install it.

Beta patches include small changes that are being tested before being included (or not) in an official patch. Beta patches do not substitute for regular patches. That means you must still install the official patch (usually 1.08) before you install a beta patch.

You should install one of the latest beta patches; they are available from the forum (stickyed). At least April 2004 is needed to play the AGCEEP properly.

Step Four: Install AGCEEP

Download the AGCEEP file from the AGCEEP website. After downloading, open it (or double-click on the file) to bring up the AGCEEP Setup program. It should automatically locate your game; click 'next' to have it start. When it finishes, it will ask you if you want to have a shortcut on your desktop; this is optional but makes loading the game easier. It will also ask you which start menu you would like the AGCEEP in. You can ignore this if you don't understand it, as you won't need this to play. After hitting 'next', a final screen will pop up with a checked box asking if you want to run the AGCEEP. If you hit 'next', the installer will close and the game will begin. Otherwise, unclick the box.

Step Five: Install graphics mods (OPTIONAL)

If desired, download and install graphics mods such as the shields and flags mods in my signature (the EGUFSM). These mods usually require you to download the file, then open it with an extractor program such as 'WinZip' before extracting all the files within to your Europa Universalis 2 directory. Individual mods will vary.

Step Six: Play the AGCEEP!

To play an AGCEEP game, you must double-click on the 'AGCEEP' icon, not the 'Europa Universalis 2' icon that was installed with the game. The same goes for the Start Menu, if you load your games that way.

After selecting the icon, the Bink Video Player should show two movies (you can skip them by hitting ESC), then load the title screen of Europa Universalis.

After it finishes loading, you should see the two AGCEEP scenarios on the left, and a large number of shields (20) listed for each.

If you see the original scenarios on the left (e.g. Napoleon's Ambition, Fantasia, etc.) you have loaded EU2, not the AGCEEP mod.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
I believe there are instructions by one player to make the mod compatible. Check the main MyMAP Discussion Thread.