• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Baldwin IV

Recruit
May 6, 2020
Hi, do you have some tips for playing Venice in AGCEEP? I recently mastered it playing EUII, but in AGCEEP it seems too difficult. I usually start by taking the Byzantines, and before that I also like to take at least Croatia and Dalmatia from Hungary. In the end I am the most hated one, and everybody DOWs me... In the end it's very hard to survive. Not to mention that I also have some plans towards Austria...

I played Venice on FtG recently, should be same thing:

-Focus hard on Macedonia and Thrace, you need them to stop the Turks. Absolutely necessary.
-Hungary is kind of waste of time to be honest just grab Dalmatia and go.
-If Austria is allied with some HRE minors and one of them is alliance leader you can cheese AI by offering 200-300 duckies to them. OPM Hesse or Saxony will accept happily and screw Austria over.
-Overall sometimes once you get DoWed literally try offering white peace right away and they might accept - or just pay them off - this works too.
-If you absolutely have to fight: not sure if that's a thing in EU2 AGCEEP but Venice (province) can be blocked by the navy. Trap large Austrian force in there, let attrition whittle them down and then finish off. If you have Mantua/Lombardia lure them there and wipe wipe wipe with CAV (early game)

All I can say off the top of me head :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I played Venice on FtG recently, should be same thing:

-Focus hard on Macedonia and Thrace, you need them to stop the Turks. Absolutely necessary.
-Hungary is kind of waste of time to be honest just grab Dalmatia and go.
-If Austria is allied with some HRE minors and one of them is alliance leader you can cheese AI by offering 200-300 duckies to them. OPM Hesse or Saxony will accept happily and screw Austria over.
-Overall sometimes once you get DoWed literally try offering white peace right away and they might accept - or just pay them off - this works too.
-If you absolutely have to fight: not sure if that's a thing in EU2 AGCEEP but Venice (province) can be blocked by the navy. Trap large Austrian force in there, let attrition whittle them down and then finish off. If you have Mantua/Lombardia lure them there and wipe wipe wipe with CAV (early game)

All I can say off the top of me head :D
Thanks a lot! I actually managed to survive and colonise :)