• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About AGCEEP_Specific_Switzerland.eue

The file has included some kinds of similar events which have almost the same texts. AFAIK they haven't been changed in recent some versions if the proponent(s) might plan to give an more specific text each of them.
Thus, for now, we can put together their EVENTNAME/EVENTHIST/ACTIONNAME, can't we?

----------------
HEL_184000-19 (Meeting of the Tagsatzung diet)
#-#The Swiss Confederation was made up of around 10-20 seperate entities during the EU2 timeframe. These entities were made up of rural cantons and Urban city-states and each governed themselves to a large degree. However effects affecting the confederation as a whole would be put to a diet where each canton and city would contribute, these diets would be held regularly, one of which is now being held. We now have a choice by choosing whether the Urban or Rural Cantons will be dominant and which we think would best benefit the Confederation at this time.​

----------------
HEL_184021-24 (Urban Indignation / Urban Indignation! / Urban Intransigence)
#-#The Urban cantons would often find themselves playing second fiddle to the will of the Rural cantons. As continued Rural dominance prevaled, the Urban cantons would tend to prevaricate and provide as much difficulty as they could to the workings of the Rural councils. As we can see the oligarchs are upset at the present conditions.​
HEL_1804025-26 (Urban Intransigence)
#-#The Urban cantons would often find themselves playing second fiddle to the will of the Rural cantons. As continued Rural dominance prevaled, the Urban cantons would tend to prevaricate and provide as much difficulty as they could to the workings of the Rural councils. As we can see the oligarchs are furious at the present conditions.​
* Lime color means different points. IMO we can put them together into two groups according to their effects; 184021-23 (Urban Indignation) and 184024-26 (Urban Intransigence).

----------------
HEL_184041-43 (Emergency Council)
#-#The Swiss Confederation was made up of around 10-20 seperate entities during the EU2 timeframe. These entities were made up of rural cantons and Urban city-states and each governed themselves to a large degree. However effects affecting the confederation as a whole would be put to a diet where each canton and city would contribute, these diets would be held regularly, including times of extreme danger, an emergency meeting has been called.​

----------------
HEL_184044-48 (Swiss mercenaries)
#-#The Pikemen of the Swiss Confederation gained a deserved reputation in Renaissance Europe as some of the finest. Any noble with the necessary means to do so would attempt to try and hire the Swiss mercenaries for any adventure they were undertaking and would consider it well worth the money. This would continue until 1515AD when the Swiss found themselves involved in problematic ventures in North Italy and from this date would begin to become more neutral in European ventures. A foreign power wishes to hire our troops.​

----------------
HEL_184049-54 (Peasant Unrest / Peasant Revolts)
#-#The Rural cantons were always weary of the dominance of the great Urban regions, especially Zurich, Lucerne and Berne. In such times that the oligarchs of these cities exerted continual dominance, the members of the rural areas would voice their anger. As we can see the peasants are upset at the present conditions.​
* IMO, like 184021-26, we can put their title together into two groups according to their effects; 184049-51 (Peasant Unrest) and 184052-54 (Peasant Revolts) while they all have the same desc in this case. Or should we change a part of their texts for distinction?

----------------

Generaly speaking, we need to look out their actions because they're often switched A/B according to their specific situations at that time.

Last edited:
Fine for me and thanks for this review.

For 184052-54:
#-#The Rural cantons were always weary of the dominance of the great Urban regions, especially Zurich, Lucerne and Berne. In such times that the oligarchs of these cities exerted continual dominance, the members of the rural areas would voice their anger. As we can see the peasants are furious at the present conditions.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Fine for me and thanks for this review.

For 184052-54:
#-#The Rural cantons were always weary of the dominance of the great Urban regions, especially Zurich, Lucerne and Berne. In such times that the oligarchs of these cities exerted continual dominance, the members of the rural areas would voice their anger. As we can see the peasants are furious at the present conditions.
I've confirmed them in beta 10. Thank you for your complement :)

some minor monarch changes for swiss - historical

historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 058501 }
startdate = {
year = 1419
}
deathdate = {
day = 29
month = december
year = 1438
}
name = "I Tagsatzung - Rural"
DIP = 3
ADM = 8
MIL = 5
dormant = yes
}
historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 058502 }
startdate = {
year = 1419
}
deathdate = {
day = 29
month = december
year = 1438
}
name = "I Tagsatzung - Urban"
DIP = 8
ADM = 5
MIL = 4
dormant = yes
}

historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 058501 }
startdate = {
year = 1419
}
deathdate = {
day = 20
month = april
year = 1436
}
name = "Freidrich VII" #count of Toggenburg
DIP = 5
ADM = 8
MIL = 2
dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 058502 }
startdate = {
day = 20
month = april
year = 1436
}
deathdate = {
day = 29
month = december
year = 1438
}
name = "Rudolf Stussi" #Zurich canton
DIP = 3
ADM = 3
MIL = 5
dormant = no
}

Also , the swiss flag's white cross is not suppose to touch the outside of the flag..............is a flag change needed ?

How do those monarchs fit into the "choose your monarch" events that we have for the Swiss? Also, how did you decide on those specific individuals?

Can the choose your monarch be changed for this period??
Edit: delete event 184000_HEL

these individuals are the historic ones, I ended stussi reign at 1438 due to his "unfriendliness" to other cantons which eventually let to the Zurich war and this let to the Old swiss confederation gaining the majority of its reign which we apply to our monarchs for swiss

these counts of toggenburg dominated the eastern portions of switerland, where allied with the HRE and kept gaining more and more towns in switerland. The old swiss conferercy was minor compared to these counts in the time in question.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counts_of_Toggenburg

Last edited:
Really? I thought the prevailing idea that there wasn't great unity at this time. Given one named monarch seems counter to that.

given that the map is poor and going by this map and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantons_of_Switzerland

the cantons only ruled about 40% of our map, the east and south of Schwyz was ruled or allied with the Toggenburg
in the Bern, map part the northeast and south belonged to either BUR or SAV, then I assumed some historical presence , especially in the Schwyz would be important, also this presence satisfied the HRE

The option is to split HEL into 2..........west to be the cantons and right to be the toggenburgs, then in 1436.........zurich (small area in schwyz) would claim the toggenburg line, this will result in a "event" war in which by 1444 all HEL will be united under the cantons.

Unless a human takes the toggenburg branch and then ..........?????????

Last edited:
Also , the swiss flag's white cross is not suppose to touch the outside of the flag..............is a flag change needed ?
Can you post a link to a flag, just to see how it looks like?

I found this source (in French, see "Drapeau confédéré triangulaire de 1422" - 1422 triangular Confederated flag) and the white cross touches the outside.

given that the map is poor and going by this map and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantons_of_Switzerland

the cantons only ruled about 40% of our map, the east and south of Schwyz was ruled or allied with the Toggenburg
in the Bern, map part the northeast and south belonged to either BUR or SAV, then I assumed some historical presence , especially in the Schwyz would be important, also this presence satisfied the HRE

The option is to split HEL into 2..........west to be the cantons and right to be the toggenburgs, then in 1436.........zurich (small area in schwyz) would claim the toggenburg line, this will result in a "event" war in which by 1444 all HEL will be united under the cantons.

Unless a human takes the toggenburg branch and then ..........?????????
What am I supposed to do with the two reworked Swiss monarchs then?

Personally, I think it is weird to use people in order to represent the rulers of the "entity" that is represented on the map. Better wait for more tags and a new map in order to implement a split, if we decide to implement it.

I have no idea for Swiss leaders... Should Switzerland really deserve leaders after the perpetual neutrality event (HEL_184029)?

Last edited:
Can you post a link to a flag, just to see how it looks like?

I found this source (in French, see "Drapeau confédéré triangulaire de 1422" - 1422 triangular Confederated flag) and the white cross touches the outside.

What he have now is fine by me , my site was only a verbal one and it said the white cross did not touch the edges because the peace of the confederation will "spill" out of the nation. the white cross represents the peace.

What am I supposed to do with the two reworked Swiss monarchs then?

Personally, I think it is weird to use people in order to represent the rulers of the "entity" that is represented on the map. Better wait for more tags and a new map in order to implement a split, if we decide to implement it.

I do not want to waste a tag, so since historically the counts of toggenburg where the major power base in switzerland ( with HRE backing) I thought that changing the monarch would represent this enough.

I have no idea for Swiss leaders... Should Switzerland really deserve leaders after the perpetual neutrality event (HEL_184029)?

i think the second and fourth of my links would justify the only extra leaders needed.
the fourth would be handy especially if the burgundy wars event did lead to a true ingame BUR-HEL war

changes

manpower already added in event HEL_184065

#(1513-1539) 13 Cantons
event = {
id = 20307
trigger = {
atwar = no
event = 100
owned = { province = 388 data = -1 } #Bern
owned = { province = 405 data = SAV } #Savoie
}
random = no
country = HEL
name = "EVENTNAME20307" #5 new cantons
desc = "EVENTHIST20307"
#-#Between 1513 and 1536, Switzerland took the shape she still has today. Five new cantons (Fribourg, Solothurn, Basel, Schaffhausen and Appenzell) had joined the Confederation already, and the takeover of Vaud and Valais brought even more land and more wealth to the country. This also brought some stability to the balance of denominations, preventing the collapse of the Confederation for religious reasons.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1513 }
offset = 2000
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1539 }

action_a = {
name = "GREAT"
command = { type = population which = 388 value = 5000 } #Bern
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 388 value = 1 } #Bern
command = { type = provincetax which = 388 value = 1 } #Bern
command = { type = provincemanpower which = -1 value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = -3 value = 1 }
command = { type = stability value = 2 }
command = { type = trigger which = 17413 } #SAV: Swiss expansion
}
}

Last edited:
I don't understand the proposed removal. HEL_184065 in 1501 is not about Vaud and Valais but basel and schaffenhausen.

Only problem with this event is the use of random -1 for the provincemanpower and provincetax increase in a second province... that could (should?) be 1612 Shwyz.

I don't understand the proposed removal. HEL_184065 in 1501 is not about Vaud and Valais but basel and schaffenhausen.

Only problem with this event is the use of random -1 for the provincemanpower and provincetax increase in a second province... that could (should?) be 1612 Shwyz.

184065 event states
The Swabian War was the result of a boundary dispute on the Austrian border. The Emperor was supported by the German cities, while the Swiss were allied with the French. For a few months fighting raged all along the northern and eastern frontier, by the end however two new members would join the Confederation, these were Basel and Schaffenhausen both of whom were allies of the Swiss during the Swabian War.

event 20307 has Five new cantons (Fribourg, Solothurn, Basel, Schaffhausen and Appenzell) had joined the Confederation already,

thats a double manpower increase

thats a double manpower increase
Yes, first one in HEL_184065 for Basel and Schaffenhausen and last one in HEL_2037 for Vaud and Valais (and remaining others that were not taken in account in HEL_184065: Fribourg, Solothurn and Appenzell) => manpower + provincetax

This is logical to me.

Yes, first one in HEL_184065 for Basel and Schaffenhausen and last one in HEL_2037 for Vaud and Valais (and remaining others that were not taken in account in HEL_184065: Fribourg, Solothurn and Appenzell) => manpower + provincetax

This is logical to me.

??? vaud and Valais joined the confederation in 1803 and 1815 respectively, they did not always supply troops to the swiss but hired them to other states, like the grisons did

Sorry, I made a confusion in the description of the event... Still, Fribourg, Solothurn and Appenzell were not taken in account in HEL_184065.

If you think two waves of manpower increase and second one with provincetax increase too are overestimated, maybe we could remove HEL_184065 then and HEL20307 will have to be reworked with Shwyz instead of a random province. But I'm not sure the two waves are a real problem.

Sorry, I made a confusion in the description of the event... Still, Fribourg, Solothurn and Appenzell were not taken in account in HEL_184065.

If you think two waves of manpower increase and second one with provincetax increase too are overestimated, maybe we could remove HEL_184065 then and HEL20307 will have to be reworked with Shwyz instead of a random province. But I'm not sure the two waves are a real problem.

you have 3 events

#(1481) fribourg and solothurn become members (cities). the hermit st nikolaus of flue mediates
event = {
id = 184063
random = no
country = HEL
name = "EVENTNAME184063" #Additional Members - 1481
desc = "EVENTHIST184063"
#-#In 1481 Two new members were added to the Swiss confederation - that of Fribourg and Solothurn. However these were two cities and the Rural Cantons did not want to see more power going to the cities and tried to block their entry. The hermit Saint Nikolaus of Flue mediated between the two groups and the two new members were accepted.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1481 }
offset = 120
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1482 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME184063A" #Welcome Brothers
command = { type = provincetax which = 388 value = 1 } #Bern
}
}

#(1501) basel and schaffenhausen become members - they were allies of HEL in swabian war
event = {
id = 184065
random = no
country = HEL
name = "EVENTNAME184065" #Additional Members - 1501
desc = "EVENTHIST184065"
#-#The Swabian War was the result of a boundary dispute on the Austrian border. The Emperor was supported by the German cities, while the Swiss were allied with the French. For a few months fighting raged all along the northern and eastern frontier, by the end however two new members would join the Confederation, these were Basel and Schaffenhausen both of whom were allies of the Swiss during the Swabian War.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1501 }
offset = 120
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1502 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME184065A" #Welcome Brothers
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 388 value = 1 } #Bern
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 1612 value = 1 } #Schwyz
}
}

#(1513-1539) 13 Cantons
event = {
id = 20307
trigger = {
atwar = no
event = 100

owned = { province = 388 1612 data = -1 } #Bern Schwyz
owned = { province = 405 data = SAV } #Savoie
}
random = no
country = HEL
name = "EVENTNAME20307" #5 new cantons
desc = "EVENTHIST20307"
#-#Between 1513 and 1536, Switzerland took the shape she still has today. Five new cantons (Fribourg, Solothurn, Basel and Schaffhausen and Appenzell) had joined the Confederation already in the past three decades, and the takeover of Vaud and Valais from Savoy brought even more land and more wealth to the country. This also brought some stability to the balance of denominations, preventing the collapse of the Confederation for religious reasons.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1513 }
offset = 2000
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1539 }

action_a = {
name = "GREAT"
command = { type = population which = 388 1612 value = 5000 } #Bern Schwyz
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 388 1612 value = 1 } #Bern Schwyz
command = { type = provincetax which = 388 1612 value = 1 } #Bern Schwyz
command = { type = provincemanpower which = -1 value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = -3 value = 1 }

command = { type = stability value = 2 }
command = { type = trigger which = 17413 } #SAV: Swiss expansion
}
}

should be event 184063 , Fribourg and Solothurn both are in bern province - give tax only in 1481...........event is ok

and

20307 should be only for schwyz , 1 x prov tax only as appenzell does not have enough pop

event 184065 is ok

EDIT : fixes.............my ideas

Last edited: