• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

iBaLkiD

The Neighborhood WarMonger
25 Badges
Apr 30, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Galactic Assault
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
I know there have been many old Serbian Strat threads but with the amount of events and tweaks that Serbia and its numerous neighbors have recieved in the last few incranations of AGCEEP, i was curious what people were able to accomplish with Serbia.

I have played Serbia as well as most of the other Balkan nations in EU2, granted its starting spot isnt as dire as Byzantiums but its still in a tough spot. Hungary, Turkey, Venice and even Austria will come calling eventually.

I cant seem to accomplish as much with Serbia as i once did with out a major amount of restarts. I can survive most times with minor expansion when oportune situations present themsleves, but thats about it, very slow going. I t just seems alot harder then in ealrier versions.

OE seems much harder to deal with in AGCEEP then vanilla. Any tips from AGCEEP grognards inregards to this?

Any off the wall tips? Massive loan strats at certain points of the game? Tech strats? How worthwhile are fortress's early on? Will the money be well spent inregards to helping you survive or should all of your limited resources be put towards expansion?

Im not interested in a conservative game where i have a nice and healthy nation as my goal at games end, more of a make or break game where i can achieve something bordering on the absurd with Serbia.

And Kudos to whomever is writing those events for the small balkan nations, they are being noticed! :)

Thanks in advance!

A good advise would be to spend your money on getting into the OE alliance. This should keep you fairly safe and give you time to get those fine province-snappin-opportunities.

Guys, These threads do not belong here and you know it.
*Moved

Castellon said:
Guys, These threads do not belong here and you know it.
*Moved

Maybe i should have made the title EU2 and AGCEEP. I happen to be playing my game in AGCEEP, but welcome advice from either since its pretty much the same strat wise. Thats why is mentioned in my post both EU2 and AGCEEP and how both have changed so much over the last year that i feel it warrants new discussion over strats.

So your assumption of me knowing where what belongs is just that, an assumption.

I posted the thread where i felt it was most appropriate, i can see that from your point of view how it could be ambiguous. Obviously our opinions differ. Again it wasnt a matter of me being absent minded and not following forum rules, i did think about where the post best belonged before posting.

No big deal i will just make the identical post with a different title. That should follow forum rules and maybe i can get some responses this time :)

The tactics to survive as Serbia is that you as soon as you get money improve your relations with Albanian and Otomans.I had luck they didn't attacked me at begining for Kosovo.So after 50 years i crushed Otomans first then venice ,austria,hungary so you see i've kept trying and i did it. :cool:

I'm currently laying down some plans about historical events for Serbia and I have a dilemma about the province of Kosovo. First of all, Novo Brdo should be the capital town of Kosovo, not Ras. Ras was the capital in middle ages but it played no important role in the last days of Serbia. Novo Brdo was the most important source of income for Serbia at that time and also the one stronghold that Turks could not capture in siege during the reign of Stefan Lazarevic. My dilemma is about the resource of Kosovo. One historical account says that Novo Brdo producted more than 200000 ducats per year. Does this warrant the change of province resource into gold and what would be the base tax value? If I change the province resource at all, I'd like it to be proportional with other gold-producitng provinces in the game.

Another question I have is: Can a historical event force Royal Marriage between Orthodox and Islamic country?