• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Toio said:
Further note on AIs, we should not be using the default AI from Vanilla or EEP for the AGCEEP, best to create a completly new set. Time is needed for this.
This is why i think we are seeing so much unhistorical ouctomes in reguard to large nations with bloated BB.
Toio said:
Only once did portugal take gibraltar and that was with an alliance with Spain/CAS. In the same game was the only war between them, I think it was 1460s.
This however is a major problem. As i mentioned if we remove vassalization from Granada these type of wars will become quite common and the results will be fairly similar. I've done enough playing to know that it almost always ends up that Portugal takes Gilbitar and Spain takes Granada in the same war about 1435 or so.

Twoflower said:
Portugal is able to not lose Oporto to Spain, like it did historically.

One tiny remark: Portugal is one of the oldest countries in Europe, as for that in the entire world. Our national borders have the look you see on the maps today for the last 650 years, when Afonso III conquered Algarve, and our independence is about 800 years old (as well as northern borders)... The only time Spain had a grip on Portuguese lands was between 1580 to 1640 (we call this period the Phillipine Dinasty) when both crowns were united.

So, NEVER (except on the case i mentioned above) had Portugal lost anything to Spain, or to any other country for that matter. And yes I am only talking about the Portuguese space, not it's colonies.

Regards.

Zyki3 said:
One tiny remark: Portugal is one of the oldest countries in Europe, as for that in the entire world. Our national borders have the look you see on the maps today for the last 650 years, when Afonso III conquered Algarve, and our independence is about 800 years old (as well as northern borders)... The only time Spain had a grip on Portuguese lands was between 1580 to 1640 (we call this period the Phillipine Dinasty) when both crowns were united.

So, NEVER (except on the case i mentioned above) had Portugal lost anything to Spain, or to any other country for that matter. And yes I am only talking about the Portuguese space, not it's colonies.

Regards.
Err, yes, this statement was confusing. I meant: Portugal is able to keep (i.e. not lose :)) Oporto like it always kept Oporto historically. Sorry for expressing this misunderstandably.

Jinnai said:
This however is a major problem. As i mentioned if we remove vassalization from Granada these type of wars will become quite common and the results will be fairly similar. I've done enough playing to know that it almost always ends up that Portugal takes Gilbitar and Spain takes Granada in the same war about 1435 or so.

If thats the case, then find a way to prevent Portugal taking Gibraltar OR alternatively remove leaders for Portugal so that CAS gets gibraltar, probably won't work either.

Just throwing ideas out

We need the Vassalization,
I will have a think, I will get back.

Changes required in certain POR AI files for proper exploration and colonization.

Note RED is remove , others are to add or replace.

File - 1440
Area = Iberia, Senegal

traders = 50

combat = FEZ MOR

war = 0

File - 1450
region = wmedsea, west africa, south east atlantic

area = iberia, senegal

expansion = 6
war = 0
combat = FEZ MOR
traders = 50

file - 1460
region = wmedsea, south east atlantic, west africa

area = iberia, ivory, senegal

expansion = 6
war = 0
combat = FEZ MOR
traders = 80

file - 1475
region = wmedsea
, southwest indian ocean

area = iberia , namibia, rio, angola

expansion = 6
neighbour = 20
war = 20
front = 5.0

file - 1485
region = wmedsea, east africa, east atlantic, southwest indian ocean

area = iberia, gold, mozambicque, tanganyika

expansion = 6
neighbour = 0
enemies = 10

front = 5.0
traders = 90

file - 1490
region = southwest indian ocean, east africa, south america

area = ceylon, madagascar, sofala, tanganyika, the cape

expansion = 6

file - 1499
region = india

area = levant, persia

i have used these files for about 60 games and have no problem with them.

Note , on any new version from AgCEEP, i always give the por files that belong with that version a test of 10 games. I still find them wanting.