• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No it should not start the game with such a core, because we do not want the Teutonic Order to declare a war on Sweden or Denmark and try to conquer Gotland when it historically did not do that from 1419- 1820

What I could see would be if you make an event for LAT under heavy conditions about Gotland and only in the ahistorical b choice give the player a claimcore on the island.

I second that. No core at start and prehaps a "reclaim kustrin-esque" event that fires when LAT or TEU control Gotland.

you don't think that LAT had a complete hold of LIV affairs until 1435

you don't think that LAT had a complete hold of LIV affairs until 1435

Correct. If they had a complete hold of LIV before 1435 then they would have fought and lost at Tannenberg/Grunwald too. However they did not join that battle and war and they still had their own grandmaster - so being vassals of the teutonic order is correct but the area under the direct control of the TO would not be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonian_Brothers_of_the_Sword#History

Correct. If they had a complete hold of LIV before 1435 then they would have fought and lost at Tannenberg/Grunwald too. However they did not join that battle and war and they still had their own grandmaster - so being vassals of the teutonic order is correct but the area under the direct control of the TO would not be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonian_Brothers_of_the_Sword#History

Just remember that Estonia was sceded from Dennmark to the order in 1346.

fix needed, estland should be part , so it can give it to SWE later

LIV = { #Livonian Order
no = KUR
revolt = no
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
expirydate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1561 }
minimum = { 282 276 }
extra = { 281 283 276 275 }
capital = 282
group = latin
culture = german
#ai = "Teutons.ai"
ai = "SmallTrade0.ai"
}

you guys do know that the no in these files means - as per above-
LIV will not rebel from KUR , but KUR can exist
and it does not mean, LIV cannot rebel because KUR exists

fix needed, estland should be part , so it can give it to SWE later

LIV = { #Livonian Order
no = KUR
revolt = no
expirydate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1561 }
minimum = { 282 276 }
extra = { 281 283 276 275 }
capital = 282
group = latin
culture = german
#ai = "Teutons.ai"
ai = "SmallTrade0.ai"
}

you guys do know that the no in these files means - as per above-
LIV will not rebel from KUR , but KUR can exist
and it does not mean, LIV cannot rebel because KUR exists

It´s highly unlikely that LIV would even try to rebel from KUR or while KUR exists, when KUR can exist earliest in 1561:

Code:
KUR = { #Kurland
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1561 }
	expirydate = { year = 1820 }
	minimum = { 283 }
	extra = { }
	capital = 283
	group = latin
	ai = "SmallTrade1.ai"
}

Toio why should it change anything if 276 is a minimum or an extra core of the LIV revolter? That does not make it any more likely that LIV actually owns the province if it loses it to another state.

Last edited:
It´s highly unlikely that LIV would even try to rebel from KUR or while KUR exists, when KUR can exist earliest in 1561:

KUR can loose lands to foreign state and then LIV can revolt.
The KUR = no in my post of LIV revolts means, that LIV cannot rebel if livonia and eastland are KUR lands , but they can rebel if someone else owns these lands and KUR exists or does not exist

Code:
KUR = { #Kurland
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1561 }
	minimum = { 283 }
	extra = { }
	capital = 283
	group = latin
	ai = "SmallTrade1.ai"
}

Toio why should it change anything if 276 is a minimum or an extra core of the LIV revolter? That does not make it any more likely that LIV actually owns the province if it loses it to another state.

??? the changes are for LIV not KUR.................LIV can rebel from nations that own Livonia and estland even if KUR exists - except if KUR owns livonia and estland

another example
EIR = { #Eire
no = CON
no = LEI
no = MST
no = ULS
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1550 }
minimum = { 231 232 234 235 }
extra = { 233 }
capital = 234
group = latin
ai = "SmallTrade1.ai"
}

If any other nation except these ones
no = CON
no = LEI
no = MST
no = ULS

own any of these 231 232 234 235 between 1550-1820, then EIR can form.

Last edited:
KUR can loose lands to foreign state and then LIV can revolt.

In *1* year? The LIV revolter has decembre 1561 as it´s expiry date and the KUR revolter january 1561 as it´s first date. So LIV can´t revolt after 29.12.1561 from anyone and KUR can´t revolt before january 1561 from anyone.

The KUR = no in my post of LIV revolts means, that LIV cannot rebel if livonia and eastland are KUR lands , but they can rebel if someone else owns these lands and KUR exists or does not exist

Please look at the start and expiry dates of the revolters. It´s highly unlikely that KUR would own any lands and LIV would try to rebel. It´s equally unlikely that KUR exists while someone else holds Livonia and LIV would want to revolt, because KUR can´t exist before 1561 and LIV can´t rebel after the end 1561.

??? the changes are for LIV not KUR.................LIV can rebel from nations that own Livonia and estland even if KUR exists - except if KUR owns livonia and estland

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?200487-Rebel-FAQ-v1.09

In *1* year? The LIV revolter has decembre 1561 as it´s expiry date and the KUR revolter january 1561 as it´s first date. So LIV can´t revolt after 29.12.1561 from anyone and KUR can´t revolt before january 1561 from anyone.

true, but I do not know why you brought KUR in the picture, ....the issue is for LIV to gain not just Livonia but also Estland ( leaving courland for its independence). There are other states that can rule livonia and estland before 1561

Please look at the start and expiry dates of the revolters. It´s highly unlikely that KUR would own any lands and LIV would try to rebel. It´s equally unlikely that KUR exists while someone else holds Livonia and LIV would want to revolt, because KUR can´t exist before 1561 and LIV can´t rebel after the end 1561.

What KUR got to do with it, my recent game has russia owning Livonia and estland, and LIV rebeled and got independence with only Livonia.

Irrelevant.

I asked yoda to change the meaning of what no means in the revolts file. I asked it to organise to mean - not able to revolt while the no indicated state exists. But I see no evidence of this.
So, the default rule stands - a state can gain independence regardless of who owns its land ( except from no indicted states) , regardless of who exists, within the specified time frame

Last edited:
true, but I do not know why you brought KUR in the picture, ....

Because in your post 45 here in this thread you mentioned a problem with the KUR = no entry in the LIV revolter - and there is none.

the issue is for LIV to gain not just Livonia but also Estland ( leaving courland for its independence). There are other states that can rule livonia and estland before 1561

What KUR got to do with it, my recent game has russia owning Livonia and estland, and LIV rebeled and got independence with only Livonia.

I don´t understand your issue then. If rebels control both Livonia AND Estland then LIV can revolt from Russia and get both - regardless if Estland is a minimum or an extra core.

See the old rebel FAQ for this:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?200487-Rebel-FAQ-v1.09
under "what happens when a province revolts". Adjacent extra cores may join a revolting LIV just like any minimum core.

Because in your post 45 here in this thread you mentioned a problem with the KUR = no entry in the LIV revolter - and there is none.

KUR = no means nothing to the issue , its irrelevant to my issue

KUR = no means nothing to the issue , its irrelevant to my issue

I know. That is what I try to tell you in my posts. However if you know that too I don´t understand why you mentioned KUR = no in your post 45 ;-)

Suggested change to the "Recovery of Danzig" event.

The current version of the event checks that Masovia or Poland own the province so that only polish countries change the provinceculture. FtG 1.3 has a new trigger to check for stateculture so I suggest to use that instead. Added control trigger as simply owning the province did not mean that e.g Poland actually controlled the province and not rebels or another state in a war. Made event persistent so it can change Danzig to polish culture several times if needed (e.g. when another event should change it back to german). Added change of cityname from Danzig to Gdansk. Added controlchange trigger - Danzig had a mixed population and it should take time until e.g. Poland would fully have the majority of them on their side. Nationalism fades after 30 years so I took 30 years for that too. Due to the added restrictions I lowered the offset from 3000 to 300.

Changed event for testing and comments:

in AGCEEP_Global_ProvinceSpec.eue

Code:
#(1419-1772) Recovery of Danzig
#by zdlugasz[color=yellow] modified by ConjurerDragon[/color]
[color=red]#should only happen to Poland or Masovia[/color]
event = {
	id = 338195
        [color=yellow]persistent = yes[/color]
	trigger = {
		[color=red]OR = {
			owned = { province = 301 data = MIN }
			owned = { province = 301 data = POL }
		}[/color]
                 [color=yellow]NOT = { provinceculture = { province = 301 data = polish } } #to prevent persistent event to trigger again when province already is polish
		 owned = { province = 301 data = -1 }
		 control= { province = 301 data = -1 }
		 culture = polish 
		 controlchange = { province = 301 years = 30  }[/color]
	           }
	random = no
	province = 301 #Danzig
	name = "EVENTNAME338195" #Recovery of Danzig
	desc = "EVENTHIST338195"
	#-#Danzig (Gdansk) was lost by Poland at the beginning of the 14th century and it's recovery was always one of main Polish Kings' priorities. Major defeat of Teutonic Order at Grunwald in 1410 was never properly exploited, but finally after Thirteen Years War (1454-1466) Danzig has been recovered.

offset = 300[color=red]0[/color]
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1772 } #date of the first partitioning of Poland

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 301 value = polish }
                [color=yellow]command = { type = cityname which = 301 value = "Gdansk" }[/color]
		command = { type = vp value = 5 }
	}
}

Now that's a super quick answer for such a rarely used forum!
I am aware that there's a 1.59b4 hotfix version, which I would take it, is the newest one. However have the Pol-Lit events been integrated into 1.58 or 1.59?

The mod’s last update with the hotfix for FtG 1.3 was in January 2014. Anything posted or suggested after that date is not included, so if you see an event suggested after that date you would have to add it manually to your event files.

What has been included is listed in the compiling thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/compiling-1-59.524192/

Minimal change to more accurately reflect Lithuania's shield as a kingdom:

Event 40203:
Code:
    action_a = {
        name = "ACTIONNAME40203A" #Grand Duchy of Lithuania is proclaimed Kingdom
        command = { type = flagname which = "Kingdom" }       
        command = { type = stability value = 3 }       
        command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 2 }
        command = { type = vp value = 100 }
    }

That's applies to Glory shieldset only, in Classic it may be duplicated by generic LIT shield. The flags remain the same.

Attachments

• shield_litKingdom.zip
    21,4 KB · Views: 0