• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
German states

Bayreuth seems to have had the same dukes as Brandenburg. Therefore I will incorporate it within Brandenburg rather than making it independent.

Hanover is an anachronism, no? It should be called Brunswick-Lüneburg.

Any idea why Straubing is owned by Luxembourg at the start? The Wittelsbach line of Straubing is the one that ruled Hainaut and Holland, not Luxembourg. Additionally, are there any sources about Straubing being momentarily granted to Austria?

Last edited:
Bayreuth seems to have had the same dukes as Brandenburg. Therefore I will incorporate it within Brandenburg rather than making it independent.
Only until the 16th century. Then they had a very different and interesting history. Check the old events for Bayreuth from the link Bordic posted above. They are really nice. Bayreuth could also control Ansbach and represent both lines of Franconian Hohenzollerns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Ansbach
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margrave_of_Bayreuth

Or simply Brunswick coz this is a collective artificial name for all numerous Welfs duchies.

Last edited:

Any idea why Straubing is owned by Luxembourg at the start? The Wittelsbach line of Straubing is the one that ruled Hainaut and Holland, not Luxembourg. Additionally, are there any sources about Straubing being momentarily granted to Austria?
Is the 1.3 patch implementing a sort of:

command = { type = countryname which = AAA value = "newname" }

Changes the name of the country AAA in name "newname".
in the way citynames work?

Which one is Mogiliov province?
Oh, Mstislavl on this map.

Would you kindly check whether the default capital cities of the provinces of Lithuania are correct? They need to be in the primary state language as I used that principle for other nations.
Well, this is the issue.:) Personally I am quite ok with the ones transliterated from Russian. I can give you names in modern Belarusian and Ukrainian if you need them of course? Or even names forms in Old Ruthenian (state language of Lithuania and contemporary chronicles)? Anyway some small changes will be needed.

About Lithuanian provinces setup: Lithuania should control Kursk and Belgorod. Vielikija should go to Novgorod. Smolensk should have Russian culture (it was quite rebellious province). Lithuania should have the national cores on all the provinces it controls from start, except Vyazma and Smolensk may be (claim cores here if this works?). Also remove national cores from Vielikija, Ryazan, Jedisan and Donetsk and add claim cores for Vielikija and Jedisan (but not for Donetsk).

Moldavia should not have national core on Kamieniec but probably a claim core on "Rus Halicka" (to represent Pokucie). Poland should have core on Warszawa.

There will be also necessary to change some tax income and manpower but may be later with province commodities fix as I believe there will be a lot of similar changes needed everywhere in Europe.

Last edited:
I really like this culture setup.:) Damn a lot of work to do of course for the events etc, but it looks very nice and promising.
Some insignificant things to:
-Istria should be Venetian or better "Dalmatian" (as a mix of Italians and Slavs)?
-May be it is better to make Danish culture purple? In order not to confuse it with English, especially in the colonies.
-Abkhazia province should be Caucasian.
-Daghestan is also Caucasian.
-Kars should be Armenian.
-Van should be Kurdish.
Also don't forget about Gotland (I would rather make it Swedish simply).

You will also still need to add several religions: East Christianity (Armenia, Lebanon, Ethiopia), Zoroastrianism for East may be. As they are now "pagan".

Regarding some country\provinces:
-Massa should probably be part of Genoa if you are not going to make it separate state.
-Same with Laueburg: better give it to Hanover/Brunswick (at last close dynasties). And remove port here please.
-How is Guelders supposed to work? Are there any events for it to appear after the death of Duke Rainald?
-Teutonic Order capital should be in Warmia (Marienburg) and if the provinces captured by the Poles moved to Prussia. There were some good events in WATK probably.
-There are two capitals in Morocco (kind of fun so:)).
-Imereti and Guria should be part of Georgia. Abkhazia is only one province minor. Also remove ports from Abkhazia, Imereti and Kars. Leave only one in Guria.

Regarding cores:
-Probably it has sense to give Poland a claim core of Warmia.
-Teutonic Order should rather have a claim core on Samagotia, not a national one.
-Muscovy should have national cores on Kurks, Voronezh, Vyatka, Velikija, Stolbova and Lukomorje (probably on Ustyug too). Copy these claims for other Russian states as they are the same for all of them to simulate the struggle for the Russian unification.
-Karjala shoudl be part of Novgorod. And Orthodox.

About province capitals names:
-Capital of Karjala should be Kexholm
-I think it is more wise to use Swedish name for Viipuri (Viborg)
-Then also Björneborg for Satakunda
-Capital of Östergötland missing one umlaut: Linköping
-Capital of Holstein should be Kiel
-Capital of Gelre is Arnhem
-Samogitia: Raseiniai
-Wilna: Vilna (this is ancient universal Baltic, Latin, Ruthenian, Polish, English etc form; better than simple modern Lithuanian Vilnius)
-Podlasie: Drohiczyn
-Mstislav: Mogilev
-Braclav: Braclav :)
-Zaporozhe: Sich
-Velikija: Velikiye Luki (just a small spelling fix)

I am not sure about all this anachronistic 19th century towns in the Horde lands (Donetsk, Stavropol etc). Probably someone with the better knowledge of the area will fix them.

Also please change the capital city in Bessarabia province to Chisinau (Chişinău).
Not sure if Dobruja should have port? Also Taurida, Jedisan, Crimea? Asturias, Utrecht, Oldenburg, Hinterpommern? Probably no ports too.

Also port and capital of Bretagne should not be Nantes?

Last edited:
Re. posts 310 and 311

I agree about Nantes.

Istria should be Venetian or better "Dalmatian" (as a mix of Italians and Slavs)?
Istria is presently Venetian. As I understand it, Dalmatian represents the Dalmatian language, which was spoken in Dalmatia, Ragusa and the coast of Zeta.

Massa should probably be part of Genoa if you are not going to make it separate state.
Will consider.

Same with Laueburg: better give it to Hanover/Brunswick (at last close dynasties). And remove port here please.
Any particular reason? Hannover/Brunswick already have 3 provinces. I agree about port.

Will review the rest later. :)

Also please change the capital city in Bessarabia province to Chisinau (Chişinău).
Not sure if Dobruja should have port? Also Taurida, Jedisan, Crimea? Asturias, Utrecht, Oldenburg, Hinterpommern? Probably no ports too.

Also port and capital of Bretagne should not be Nantes?

hinterpommern should have a port , its port was Kolberg, build around 1000Ad

any chance for the duchy or Urbino as per map below, I was thinking of romagna province

massa is also on the map, looks ligurian, but could be lucca

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domini_di_Terraferma

EDIT
massa is too small to have a Lucca

- Note VEN holdings in 1441 in Romangna, should they get a claim in the game for this area?

Last edited:
Never was in Kołobrzeg so I am unsure if it really had appropriate sea harbour during this time? In AGCEEP the port was removed for some reason.

it was to stop POL getting an early fleet via POM, people wanted danzig to be the first POL fleet

- Ragusa still has Slavonic as secondary culture. Should probably be changed to Croatian
- Inssbruck should be spelled Innsbruck (or is this some wickend Tyrolean spelling? :-D)
- Thanks to the new provinces Trebizond`s cores are all messed up

Recently tested the mod until 1500s. From what I have observed probably it is more fair (for Burgundy) to make Franche-Comté "French": on the one hand it would be not good idea to give Lotharingian culture to Burgundy, at the same time just do not want to produce even more cultures for this only issue. Also France controlling it is not that great problem probably? So, if you will make Franche-Comté French you can also rename "Lotharingian" to "Lorrain" as it will represent only the culture in the Duchy of Lorraine proper.

Not sure if it was a good idea to make Alsace Rhenish. Probably you can make it "Alsatian" or the same culture as Swabia (in this case just rename Swabian to Alemannic). It also has sense to give Swabia/Alemannic to Tyrol as the second state culture, and later (with Tyrolean inheritance) to Austria. In case of "Alemannic" any potential Austrian expansion to Alsace is at last justified as the Habsburgs historically controlled half of the province.

There are also still some cores missing in Europe (Burgundian one for Nivernais, Danish one for Schleswig from what I remember so far). But I think this can be all fixed later, not that necessary for now.

#(1419-1820) Ostmarch and Habsburgs Hereditary Lands
event = {
id = 179141
trigger = {
owned = { province = 327 data = -1 } #Ostmarch #Marchfeld
}
random = no
country = HAB
name = "EVENTNAME129048" #Ostmarch and Habsburgs Hereditary Lands
desc = "EVENTHIST129048"
#-#In 976, the march ruled by the Babenberg family was described as regione vulgari vocabulo Ostarrîchi, that is, the region called 'Ostarrîchi' (the Eastern Realm) in the vernacular. The term Ostarrîchi is linguistic ancestor of the German name for Austria, Österreich. Under Ernest the Brave (1055–1075), the colonisation of the Waldviertel was begun and the Bohemian and Hungarian marches were united to Austria.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME129048A" #Ostmarch belongs to Austria
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 327 value = -1 } #Ostmarch #Marchfeld
command = { type = provinceculture which = 327 value = german bavarian } #Ostmarch #Marchfeld
command = { type = trigger which = 398020 } #ROM: Ostmarch and Habsburgs Hereditary Lands
command = { type = trigger which = 129049 } #BOH: Ostmarch and Habsburgs Hereditary Lands
}
}

Recently tested the mod until 1500s. From what I have observed probably it is more fair (for Burgundy) to make Franche-Comté "French": on the one hand it would be not good idea to give Lotharingian culture to Burgundy, at the same time just do not want to produce even more cultures for this only issue. Also France controlling it is not that great problem probably? So, if you will make Franche-Comté French you can also rename "Lotharingian" to "Lorrain" as it will represent only the culture in the Duchy of Lorraine proper.

Not sure if it was a good idea to make Alsace Rhenish. Probably you can make it "Alsatian" or the same culture as Swabia (in this case just rename Swabian to Alemannic). It also has sense to give Swabia/Alemannic to Tyrol as the second state culture, and later (with Tyrolean inheritance) to Austria. In case of "Alemannic" any potential Austrian expansion to Alsace is at last justified as the Habsburgs historically controlled half of the province.

There are also still some cores missing in Europe (Burgundian one for Nivernais, Danish one for Schleswig from what I remember so far). But I think this can be all fixed later, not that necessary for now.

if you introduce Alemannic for alsace, then the swiss needs to be Alemannic too , except for the grisons who where Romansch

@ Theron

About India setup. Were the province IDs already coded for this map or have changed something like names or whatever? That is, have you only assigned new provinces to current tags?

For example provice 553, in vanilla map is Raipur a Delhi province, in MyMap is Doab a Delhi province and in wagceep is Allahabad, a Jaunpur province.

I am still working on the setup. Past post has several mistakes which I have been learning by learning more on India.

Status
Not open for further replies.