• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Casimiro IV

Recruit
6 Badges
Jan 27, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
Hello guys. I'm opening this new thread because I couldn't find a proper one to solve all the issues related to this outstanding mod running on Apple devices. I recently downloaded Europa Universalis II from the App Store but when trying to install the files following the guide on its website (as seen here) nothing happens. So I don't know if the installation guide is outdated or if I'm doing something wrong. I just extract the .rar files, copy and paste them inside the Data Folder and run the application, but nothing seems to happen.

P.S.: I posted this same doubt in a couple of old threads (around 2008) I found related to this matter, but I cannot figure out how to delete them and just leave this one. If any mod could do it, it would be a massive help. Thanks in advance.

Hello guys. I'm opening this new thread because I couldn't find a proper one to solve all the issues related to this outstanding mod running on Apple devices. I recently downloaded Europa Universalis II from the App Store but when trying to install the files following the guide on its website (as seen here) nothing happens. So I don't know if the installation guide is outdated or if I'm doing something wrong. I just extract the .rar files, copy and paste them inside the Data Folder and run the application, but nothing seems to happen.

P.S.: I posted this same doubt in a couple of old threads (around 2008) I found related to this matter, but I cannot figure out how to delete them and just leave this one. If any mod could do it, it would be a massive help. Thanks in advance.

Do I understand you correct that the normal EU2 game runs fine and only the AGCEEP mod does not work for you?
AGCEEP needs EU2 version 1.09. Is the version that you use on your Mac that version or only an older version?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?242582-EU2-1.09-for-Mac-released!

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, ConjurerDragon.

Exactly, the game works perfectly but once I unrar the files as said in the installation guide for AGCEEP and open the game, it keeps working normal but as EUII, no traces of AGCEEP.

And yes, I've checked and I'm running the 1.09 version of the game... No clue what could be wrong!

Thanks for your answer, ConjurerDragon.

Exactly, the game works perfectly but once I unrar the files as said in the installation guide for AGCEEP and open the game, it keeps working normal but as EUII, no traces of AGCEEP.

And yes, I've checked and I'm running the 1.09 version of the game... No clue what could be wrong!

I have no idea how it works on a Mac but in the Windows version e.g. the 1.57 AGCEEP deluxe.exe file creates a shortcut on the desktop. You don´t start AGCEEP with the same icon as EU2 but with a new one that redirects the game to the AGCEEP folder.

The AGCEEP folder is
\Europa Universalis 2\AGCEEP
in your installation?

The "target" in the EU2 icon for me is
"H:\Paradox\Europa Universalis 2\eu2.exe"
and for the AGCEEP icon:
"H:\Paradox\Europa Universalis 2\EU2.exe" H:\Paradox\Europa Universalis 2\AGCEEP

Last edited:
Hello again, CD.

The main difference is that the files for the Mac version of the mod doesn't work the same as in Windows, with an .exe file which just creates the shortcut (actually I have this mod on my running-Windows-laptop and it's perfectly smooth). As the installation guide for Mac says, you just have to extract files and copy them inside the EUII folder (I understand inside a folder called "Data").

So I'm still messing around a bit trying to figure something out. Thanks anyway!

Hello again, CD.

The main difference is that the files for the Mac version of the mod doesn't work the same as in Windows, with an .exe file which just creates the shortcut (actually I have this mod on my running-Windows-laptop and it's perfectly smooth). As the installation guide for Mac says, you just have to extract files and copy them inside the EUII folder (I understand inside a folder called "Data").

So I'm still messing around a bit trying to figure something out. Thanks anyway!

It seems that Windows and Mac handle it differently.
In the Windows version you can have AGCEEP in a folder inside EU2 and can play both of them using the icon of either EU2 or AGCEEP.
If I understand the directions right
http://www.agceep.net/installation.htm#Mac
then the Mac version requires to overwrite files of EU2 so you can only play EU2 OR AGCEEP.

Which version of AGCEEP did you try to get to run? 1.57?
Base or Deluxe version?
You did download the lader/monarchs file too?
You did press the option key that is mentioned in the instructions while starting EU2?

Answering to your questions.

I'm trying to run the 1.57, downloaded from the same links appearing in the Mac guide in AGCEEP site. Both of them, Base and Deluxe. Tried both unsuccessfully.
I did download that file too, and tried overwriting those folders. No success.
And while pressing the Option key nothing happens. Alway appears the mentioned menu window (doesn't matter if I press the key or not, it appears always) but there is no box to write AGCEEP as the guide says.

It's a bit frustrating, and I'm sure I'm missing a slight detail, but I cannot figure it out. Thanks for you help though! :)

Hello again, comrades. I made some progress recently: this time, instead of just copying and pasting the content of the AGCEEP folder directly, I just copied and replaced or combined some of the files, one bye one. Doing this, I reach the AGCEEP loading page, but it gets stuck when the progress bar reaches "initializing interface". It just freezes and stop working. Anyway, it's a step forward. Now my question is: do you know which are exactly the files related with the "initializing process"? I believe if I know which are those files, I could mess around a little bit more and solve this thing.

Thanks again!

Hello again, comrades. I made some progress recently: this time, instead of just copying and pasting the content of the AGCEEP folder directly, I just copied and replaced or combined some of the files, one bye one. Doing this, I reach the AGCEEP loading page, but it gets stuck when the progress bar reaches "initializing interface". It just freezes and stop working. Anyway, it's a step forward. Now my question is: do you know which are exactly the files related with the "initializing process"? I believe if I know which are those files, I could mess around a little bit more and solve this thing.

Thanks again!

If you are using the 1.57 deluxe version you need to have EGUSFM installed before.

Thanks for your quick reply, CD.

Sadly, I have to inform you that it doesn't work. Doesn't matter if I install the EGUSFM files or not. It just freezes when loading. So at this point, I desist. This is way too frustrating to keep trying, so I will just play the regular EUII and that's all.