• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see. That makes more sense. I waited a bit longer before I made peace, and everything worked out fine this time. Got a helluva lot of badboy points just for reclaiming my own colonies though, but that has nothing to do with the events in question.

I would have helped England, but relations were at -200 and I didn't have any military access through his provinces.

Several questions.
1) I read about the Tlaxcalans and Tarascans as separate countries. Anyone still working on that?
2) The Mayans are gone for good? LEt me guess, the fact that they were not a single state made them get removed?

Now a suggestion: I looked at the list of tlatolani http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlatoani_of_Tenochtitlan and came up with a slightly longer list of Aztec monarchs in case of an ahistorically long survival. I also changed Cauthemoc's dates of reign and introduced Cuitlahuac - a historical monarch who ruled before him and who was somehow lost form the list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuitlahuac

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08307 }
[COLOR="#00FF00"]	startdate = {
		day = 20
		month = september
		year = 1520
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 28
		month = february
		year = 1525
	}[/COLOR]	name = "Cuauhtemoc"
	DIP = 3
	MIL = 1
	ADM = 3
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08308 }
	startdate = {
		day = 29
		month = june
		year = 1520
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 20
		month = september
		year = 1520
	}
	name = "Cuitlahuac"
	DIP = 2
	MIL = 2
	ADM = 2
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08309 }
	startdate = {
		day = 28
		month = february
		year = 1525
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 28
		month = january
		year = 1526
	}
	name = "Tlacotzin"
	DIP = 2
	MIL = 1
	ADM = 2
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08310 }
	startdate = {
		day = 28
		month = january
		year = 1526
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 21
		month = april
		year = 1530
	}
	name = "Motelchiuhtzin"
	DIP = 3
	MIL = 2
	ADM = 2
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08311 }
	startdate = {
		day = 21
		month = april
		year = 1530
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 10
		month = june
		year = 1536
	}
	name = "Xochiquetzin"
	DIP = 2
	MIL = 1
	ADM = 3
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08312 }
	startdate = {
		day = 10
		month = june
		year = 1536
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 10
		month = september
		year = 1541
	}
	name = "Huanitzin"
	DIP = 2
	MIL = 2
	ADM = 2
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08313 }
	startdate = {
		day = 10
		month = september
		year = 1541
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 12
		month = may
		year = 1554
	}
	name = "Tehuetzquititzin"
	DIP = 2
	MIL = 2
	ADM = 3
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08314 }
	startdate = {
		day = 12
		month = may
		year = 1554
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 16
		month = june
		year = 1562
	}
	name = "Cecetzin"
	DIP = 2
	MIL = 2
	ADM = 2
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 08315 }
	startdate = {
		day = 16
		month = june
		year = 1562
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 27
		month = december
		year = 1565
	}
	name = "Nanacacipactzin"
	DIP = 2
	MIL = 1
	ADM = 2
}

Last edited:
Ok guys, I know ALT was reserved for Tlaxcala and PIC was reserved for the Tarascan Empire. If nobody is working on these, I may add these along with appropriate events for the Spanish and Aztecs. (I was planning to add some events for the Aztecs anyhow).

So the question is, is the "ALT Tlaxcala, PIC -Tarascan" issue still valid? Should I work on these, or is somebody already doing that and I would be treading on his/her turf?

Also did anyone ever make flag&shield graphics for these two? I suck at graphics, so I could use some help.

On an unrelated note, I seen an idea to add the Mixtecs, but I would be personally against it. Here are my reasons:
1) While the Mixtecs were a major civilization in the region, by 1420 theyw ere already fragmented into many unrealated city states, many of which were allied with the Zapotec states.
2) To make matters worse, these were not "clustered" but spread over a wide area.
3) Maybe someone here is a mesoamericanist and has any reliable info on Mixtec rulers of this era, but I were unable to find any sources pointing to any Mixtec ruler of this period other than Atonal the Second (aka Dzawindanda, aka lord 6 water) king of Coixtlahuaca at the time Motecuhzoma Ilhuicamina conquered them.

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought I'd posted here! So I'd actually put together files once upon a time to add these states...however, we need to do careful balancing to make sure that we don't screw up Spain's conquest of the Americas. I never implemented what I'd put together as I'd not felt up to spending the time balancing (/I'd devoted my efforts instead to re-drawing the Mexican portion of MKJ's original map :blush:).

If it helps - attached are the files I'd put together. I also thought that if we were fixing up the region - it made sense to bring back the Mayan city states.

View attachment mesoamerica.rar

I think we can easily include the Tarascans as long as we add the appropriate events. Historiccally The Tarascan state first became a vassal of Spain, then quickly the Spanish seized power by staging a coup against the tlatoani and in effect replacing him with a governor.

Thus I'd see 2 events to simulate this: one fires when Spain control cental mexico and the Aztecs do not exist (tarascans become vassals). Second fires some 2 years after the first, resulting in the annexation of the Tarascan state by Spain (historical option) or an unhistorical 2nd option "Tarascans resist" (Spain gets cores on tarascan lands and a free CB)

I'm a bit less enthusiastic about adding the Tlaxcallans, mostly because they were just one (important but still small) city state that held a territorry smaller than a single FTG province. Secondly, because including them would require quite a few changes in the Spanish&Aztec events.

Garbon, I looked at your files and I see two possible ways of expanding on the precolumbian situation:

1) Add just the Tarascan Empire (2 provinces) with the edited events for SPA and AZT. Leave MAA and Tlaxcallans out.

2) More ambitious and imho more historically-correct, but requires at least 3 one province minors. This will make the Aztecs start with just 1 province and include "add cores to represent the conquests of each new monarch" events (similar to how the Ottomans work in AGCEEP at the moment). To properly simulate all this, we will need not just the Tarascan empire, but a one province Tlaxcalla, Huastec and Kiche (aka Quiche Maya) states. I'm against having MAA rule everything from north Yucatan to Honduras, because there was absolutely no single Mayan state in this period whose influences extended so far.

So tu sum it up I'd suggest a:
- Kiche (maya culture) state in Guatemala
- a MAA "North Maya/Itza" (maya culture) state in yucatan and "colony" in campeche (honduras unoccupied)
- An Aztec state (aztec culture) that starts out with just the Tenochtitlan province, but will sucessivly get cores on most of mesoamerica with each new ruler via events.
- a Tlaxcallan (aztec culture as they are a Nahua people) state in Tlaxcalla.
- a Huastec state (mayan culture, as they are related to the mayan and the wastek language they speak is a mayan language) in Tampico, also owns an aztec culture Saltillo province at start (without a core).
- A tarascan sate (mesoamerican culture, they are not Nahua, speak their own language and have different customs) in Michocoan and Jalisco.
- Zapotec state (zapotec culture) in Tehuantepec, also owns Atlixco (which is mesoamerican culture - Mixtecs).

Give me some time and I'll playtest this and write the proper events. I will not be able to make proper shield graphics for the new countries (sorry I suck at this), so if anyone is interested in making these, I'd would appreciate it very much.

Tlaxcalan ALT events (and corresponding changes in SPA, ZAP and AZT events)

Code:
#(1419-1600) The Zapotecs ally with Spain
event = {
	id = 82002
	trigger = {
		war = { country = SPA country = AZT }
		NOT = { relation = { country = AZT data = -100 } }
		war = { country = ZAP country = AZT }
[COLOR="#FF0000"]		OR = {
			owned = { province = 29 data = -1 }
			owned = { province = 29 data = SPA }
		}
[/COLOR]		NOT = { war = { country = ZAP country = SPA } }
	}
	random = no
	country = ZAP
	name = "EVENTNAME82002" #The Alliance with Spain
	desc = "EVENTHIST82002"
	#-#The Spanish wish to aid us against our enemies. All we must do is grant them a base from which to operate, and swear fealty to their King -- whatever that might mean.

date = { day = 1 month = september year = 1419 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1600 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME82002A" #Let us crush our enemies together
		[COLOR="#FF0000"]command = { type = secedeprovince which = SPA value = 29 } #Tlaxcala[/COLOR]	
	command = { type = religion which = catholic }
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 82003 } #SPA: The Zapotecs become our clients
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME82002B" #Are you mad? The foreigners are more dangerous than any of our neighbors
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}
Code:
#(1419-1600) The Zapotecs become our clients
event = {
	id = 82003 #triggered by ZAP_82002 A
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME82003" #The Zapotecs become our clients
	desc = "EVENTHIST82003"
	#-#The Zapotecs have agreed to put themselves under our protection. With our advisers firmly entrenched in their court, we will soon be able to bring them fully under our rule.

action_a = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		[COLOR="#FF0000"]command = { type = INF which = 29 value = 15000 } #Tlaxcala
[/COLOR]		command = { type = vassal which = ZAP }
		command = { type = relation which = ZAP value = 150 }
		command = { type = alliance which = ZAP }
	}
}
Code:
[COLOR="#00FF00"]#(1419-1600) The Tlaxcalans become our clients
event = {
	id = 285335 #triggered by ALT_334001 A
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285335" #The Tlaxcalans become our clients
	desc = "EVENTHIST285335"
	#-# After almost a century of fighting the Flower wars, a great deal of hate and bitterness had developed between the Tlaxcalans and the Aztecs. Thus while the Tlaxcalans initially greeted the Spanish with hostile action and the two sides fought a series of skirmishes, both sides quickly came into agreement recognizing the Aztec Empire as thir common foe. Thus Tlaxcalans have agreed to put themselves under spanish protection and their rulers were convinced to accept christianity. In return, the Spaniards agreed to respect parts of the city, like the temples, and only took the things that were offered to them freely. Soon a force of over 15 000 Tlaxcalan warriors joined the Spanish in their quest to conquer Mexico.

action_a = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		command = { type = INF which = 29 value = 15000 } #Tlaxcala
		command = { type = inherit which = ALT }
		command = { type = addcore which = 29 } #Tlaxcala
}[/COLOR]

Code:
[COLOR="#00FF00"]#(1419-1600) Tlaxcallans ally with Spain
event = {
	id = 334001
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			OR = {
				discovered = 436 #Castilla
				discovered = 439 #Toledo
			}
			OR = {
				neighbour = SPA
				neighbour = CAS
			}
		}
		NOT = { war = { country = ALT country = SPA } }
	}
	random = no
	country = ALT
	name = "EVENTNAME82002" #The Alliance with Spain
	desc = "EVENTHIST82002"
	#-#The Spanish wish to aid us against our enemies. All we must do is grant them a base from which to operate, and swear fealty to their King -- whatever that might mean.

date = { day = 1 month = september year = 1419 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1600 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME334001A" #Accept christianity and spanish rule (end game) 
		command = { type = trigger which = 285335 } #SPA: The Tlaxcalans become our clients
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME82002B" #Are you mad? The foreigners are more dangerous than any of our neighbors
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
	}
}[/COLOR]

Rulers of Tlaxcala (some exact dates of early monarchs are speculative):
Code:
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023021 }
		startdate = {
			year = 1418
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1454
		}
		name = "Aztahua"
		DIP = 3
		MIL = 5
		ADM = 4
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023013 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1454
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1471
		}
		name = "Huitlaloteuctl"
		DIP = 4
		MIL = 5
		ADM = 4
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023014 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1471
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1482
		}
		name = "Xayacamach"
		DIP = 3
		MIL = 6
		ADM = 4
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023015 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1482
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1522
		}
		name = "Xicotencatl"
		DIP = 6
		MIL = 6
		ADM = 4
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023016 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1522
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1547
		}
		name = "Xicotencatl II Axayacatl"
		DIP = 2
		MIL = 7
		ADM = 4
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023017 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1547
		}
		deathdate = {
			year = 1561
		}
		name = "Tlapalteucli*"
		DIP = 3
		MIL = 3
		ADM = 3
	}

Last edited:
Ok, I ve ran a few short simulations and what is obvious is that I'll need more testing, but things are becoming more clear and I'm sure I'll be able to wrap things up soon ;)

First I noticed that adding the Huastecs is counterproductive. First of all their importance seems to be rather marginal, but they have a tendency to ally with the zapotecs or Tarascans and annex the Aztecs early on, which is too unhistorical. To make matters worse, while the Huastecs are culturally a mayan subgroup, all their neighbours were nahua peoples. So having the huastecs would require changing the culture in Tampico to mayan, despite numerous nahua living there. Unnecessary and misleading if you ask me.

However test with the Kiche suggest that including them makes some sense. So I'd like to reserve the following:
1) The KIE tag be reserved for the Kiche.
2) The "mesoamerican" culture, which is now only used by the natives, be reserved for the Tarascans (who were not nahua).

Ok, here are the updated plague events:

Code:
#(1419-1600) Plague in the Aztec Empire population
#by AlanC9 - modified by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 82021
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			OR = {
				discovered = 439 #Toledo
				discovered = 441 #Tago
				discovered = 385 #Ile de France
				discovered = 245 #Anglia
				discovered = 339 #Holland
			}
			OR = {
				neighbour = SPA
				neighbour = CAS
				neighbour = POR
				neighbour = ENG
				neighbour = FRA
				neighbour = HOL
			}
			AND = {
				atwar = yes
				NOT = { #All Precolombian states
					war = { country = AZT country = CHM }
					war = { country = AZT country = INC }
					war = { country = AZT country = MAA }
					war = { country = AZT country = ZAP }
					[COLOR="#00FF00"]war = { country = AZT country = ALT }
					war = { country = AZT country = PIC }
					war = { country = AZT country = KIE }[/COLOR]				}
			}
			AND = {
				event = 82010 #ZAP: Plagues from the Old World
				neighbour = ZAP
			}
			[COLOR="#00FF00"]AND = {
				event = 334002 #ALT: Plagues from the Old World
				neighbour = ALT
			}
			AND = {
				event = 334003 #PIC: Plagues from the Old World
				neighbour = PIC
			}[/COLOR]	
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = AZT
	name = "EVENTNAME82021" #Plagues from the Old World
	desc = "EVENTHIST82021"
	#-#For over 10,000 years, the Americans had been isolated from the Old World. During that time new diseases appeared in both land masses. With the discovery of the New World, the American natives were suddenly exposed to all the plagues and diseases still active in the Old World population, to which they had absolutely no immunity. Some of the plagues, like Smallpox had been identified by their horrible symptoms, while others remained as silent killers. The effect was devastating, and between 50 and 80 percent of the original native population was killed by several waves of diseases that swept the continent in the next 200 years. These plagues certainly played an important role in the easy conquest of the continent by Europeans, and in the aculturalization of the natives. The Old World population also received a horrible present from their long lost relatives: Syphilis, a disease that had appeared between the natives of the Antilles.

date = { day = 15 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME82021A" #Our world is coming to an end
		command = { type = population which = 24 value = -10000 } #Jalisco
		command = { type = population which = 25 value = -10000 } #Saltillo
		command = { type = population which = 26 value = -10000 } #Michoacan
		command = { type = population which = 27 value = -150000 } #Zacatecas
		command = { type = population which = 28 value = -30000 } #Tampico
		command = { type = population which = 29 value = -30000 } #Tlaxcala
		command = { type = population which = 30 value = -10000 } #Atlixco
		command = { type = population which = 31 value = -10000 } #Tehuantepec
[COLOR="#00FF00"]		command = { type = population which = 35 value = -10000 } #Yucatan
		command = { type = population which = 36 value = -10000 } #Honduras
		command = { type = population which = 34 value = -10000 } #Campeche
		command = { type = population which = 33 value = -10000 } #Guatemala[/COLOR]		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
	}
}

Code:
#(1419-1820) Plague among the Zapotecs
event = {
	id = 82010
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			OR = {
				discovered = 439 #Toledo
				discovered = 441 #Tago
				discovered = 245 #Anglia
			}
			OR = {
				neighbour = SPA
				neighbour = CAS
				neighbour = POR
				neighbour = ENG
				neighbour = FRA
				neighbour = HOL
			}
			AND = {
				atwar = yes
					war = { country = ZAP country = AZT }
[COLOR="#00FF00"]					war = { country = ZAP country = ALT }
					war = { country = ZAP country = PIC }
					war = { country = ZAP country = KIE }[/COLOR]					war = { country = ZAP country = CHM }
					war = { country = ZAP country = INC }
					war = { country = ZAP country = MAA }
				}
			}
			AND = {
				event = 82021 #AZT: Plagues from the Old World
				neighbour = AZT
			}
[COLOR="#00FF00"]			AND = {
				neighbour = ALT
			}
			AND = {
				neighbour = PIC
			}[/COLOR]			
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = ZAP
	desc = "EVENTHIST82021"
	#-#For over 10,000 years, the Americans had been isolated from the Old World. During that time new diseases appeared in both land masses. With the discovery of the New World, the American natives were suddenly exposed to all the plagues and diseases still active in the Old World population, to which they had absolutely no immunity. Some of the plagues, like Smallpox had been identified by their horrible symptoms, while others remained as silent killers. The effect was devastating, and between 50 and 80 percent of the original native population was killed by several waves of diseases that swept the continent in the next 200 years. These plagues certainly played an important role in the easy conquest of the continent by Europeans, and in the aculturalization of the natives. The Old World population also received a horrible present from their long lost relatives: Syphilis, a disease that had appeared between the natives of the Antilles.

date = { day = 1 month = April year = 1419 }
	offset = 30

action_a = {
		name = "DAMN"
[COLOR="#00FF00"]		command = { type = population which = 35 value = -10000 } #Yucatan
		command = { type = population which = 33 value = -10000 } #Guatemala[/COLOR]		command = { type = stability value = -6 }
	}
}

Code:
#(1419-1820) Plague among the Tarascans
event = {
	id = 334003
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			OR = {
				discovered = 439 #Toledo
				discovered = 441 #Tago
				discovered = 245 #Anglia
			}
			OR = {
				neighbour = SPA
				neighbour = CAS
				neighbour = POR
				neighbour = ENG
				neighbour = FRA
				neighbour = HOL
			}
			AND = {
				atwar = yes
					war = { country = PIC country = AZT }
					war = { country = PIC country = ZAP }
					war = { country = PIC country = ALT }
					war = { country = PIC country = KIE }
					war = { country = PIC country = CHM }
					war = { country = PIC country = INC }
					war = { country = PIC country = MAA }
				}
			}
			AND = {
				neighbour = AZT
			}
			AND = {
				neighbour = ZAP
			}
			AND = {
				neighbour = ALT
			}
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = PIC
	desc = "EVENTHIST82021"

offset = 30

action_a = {
		name = "DAMN"
		command = { type = population which = 35 value = -10000 } #Yucatan
		command = { type = population which = 33 value = -10000 } #Guatemala
		command = { type = stability value = -6 }
	}
}

Code:
#(1419-1820) Plague among the Tlaxcalans
event = {
	id = 334002
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			OR = {
				discovered = 439 #Toledo
				discovered = 441 #Tago
				discovered = 245 #Anglia
			}
			OR = {
				neighbour = SPA
				neighbour = CAS
				neighbour = POR
				neighbour = ENG
				neighbour = FRA
				neighbour = HOL
			}
			AND = {
				atwar = yes
					war = { country = ALT country = AZT }
					war = { country = ALT country = ZAP }
					war = { country = ALT country = PIC }
					war = { country = ALT country = KIE }
					war = { country = ALT country = CHM }
					war = { country = ALT country = INC }
					war = { country = ALT country = MAA }
				}
			}
			AND = {
				neighbour = AZT
			}
			AND = {
				neighbour = ZAP
			}
			AND = {
				neighbour = PIC
			}			
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = ALT
	desc = "EVENTHIST82021"

offset = 30

action_a = {
		name = "DAMN"
	}
}

Code:
#(1419-1820) Plague among the Kiche
event = {
	id = 334004
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			OR = {
				discovered = 439 #Toledo
				discovered = 441 #Tago
				discovered = 245 #Anglia
			}
			OR = {
				neighbour = SPA
				neighbour = CAS
				neighbour = POR
				neighbour = ENG
				neighbour = FRA
				neighbour = HOL
			}
			AND = {
				atwar = yes
					war = { country = KIE country = AZT }
					war = { country = KIE country = ZAP }
					war = { country = KIE country = ALT }
					war = { country = KIE country = KIE }
					war = { country = KIE country = CHM }
					war = { country = KIE country = INC }
					war = { country = KIE country = MAA }
				}
			}
			AND = {
				event = 334005 #MAA: Plagues from the Old World
				neighbour = MAA
			}
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = KIE
	desc = "EVENTHIST82021"

offset = 30

action_a = {
		name = "DAMN"
	}
}

Code:
#(1419-1820) Plague among the Maya
event = {
	id = 334005
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			OR = {
				discovered = 439 #Toledo
				discovered = 441 #Tago
				discovered = 245 #Anglia
			}
			OR = {
				neighbour = SPA
				neighbour = CAS
				neighbour = POR
				neighbour = ENG
				neighbour = FRA
				neighbour = HOL
			}
			AND = {
				atwar = yes
					war = { country = KIE country = AZT }
					war = { country = KIE country = ZAP }
					war = { country = KIE country = ALT }
					war = { country = KIE country = KIE }
					war = { country = KIE country = CHM }
					war = { country = KIE country = INC }
					war = { country = KIE country = MAA }
				}
			}
			AND = {
				event = 334004 #KIE: Plagues from the Old World
				neighbour = KIE
			}
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = MAA
	desc = "EVENTHIST82021"

offset = 30

action_a = {
		name = "DAMN"
	}
}

Why did the original Zapotec and Aztec plague events needed editing? Well, first of all I needed to add the ALT, PIC and KIE tags, so they wouldn't cause the plague event to fire when For exaple the Aztecs went to war with the Tarascans.
Second, I extended the plague range in the rare chance taht the Aztecs or other Mexican states conquer Maya lands or vice-versa.
Third is obvious - more "neighbour" plague events needed now taht we have 3 more tags. Yucatan and Guatemala are geographically ratehr isolated, so these get theor own batch and the MAA and KIE may ge the plague through neighbour events, but not from mexican states and vice versa.

OK, now what remains is to add specific Tarascan, Kiche and Maya events. I'll also be adding more Aztec events.

Last edited:
I'd suggest not reusing old European tags like ALT, PIC, and KIE, as that might be confusing. TLA and KCH make more sense to me.

I'd suggest not reusing old European tags like ALT, PIC, and KIE, as that might be confusing. TLA and KCH make more sense to me.

ALT and PIC were already reserved for Tlaxcalla and Tarascans for a very long time, I'm just following what other people established long ago. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?136031-Grand-ID-and-tag-repository
Kie on the other hand is already taken by Zanj (not updated in the free tag despository, hence my mistake). I'll change KIE to KCH.

Now for events for the Tarascans and related Spanish events:

Code:
#(1520-1530) Spanish influence in Mexico
event = {
	id = 334006
	trigger = {
		monarch = 023022
		event = 334003
		neighbour = SPA
		owned = { province = 27 data = SPA }
		NOT = { war = { country = PIC country = SPA } }
	}
	random = no
	country = PIC
	name = "EVENTNAME334006" #Spanish influence in Mexico
	desc = "EVENTHIST334006"
	#-#After hearing about the fall of Tenochtitlan, the Tarascan ruler Tangáxuan II sent emissaries to the Spanish victors. A few Spaniards went with them to the Tarascan capital of Tzintzuntzan where they were presented to the ruler and gifts were exchanged. They returned with samples of gold and Cortés' interest in the Tarascan state was awakened. Soon a Spanish force under the leadership of Cristobal de Olid was sent into Tarascan territory and arrived at Tzintzuntzan within days. The Tarascan army numbered many thousands, but at the crucial moment they chose not to fight. The previous year, a spanish slave infected with smallpox had triggered an epidemic that was apparently quite widespread. Measles also came along with the earliest Spaniards, and led to further reductions in population. Partly as a result of these devastations, the Tarascans decided against war and chose to submit to the Spanish. As evidence of submission, the Tarascan ruler accepted baptism and brought Franciscan missionaries into the region. For this cooperation, the Tarascan state was allowed a large degree of autonomy.  

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1520 }
	offset = 3
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = march year = 1530 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME334006A" #Accept Christianity and spanish domination.
		command = { type = religion which = catholic }
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 285336 } #SPA: The Tarascans become our clients
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME277040B" #Never!
		command = { type = casusbelli which = SPA value = 24 }
		command = { type = badboy   value = 5 }
	}
}

Summary: After the Spanish control Tenochtitlan, they send a force that results in the Tarascan leader accepting christianity and becoming a vassal. Ahistorical B option allows the Tarascans to resist.

Code:
#(1530-1545) Spanish intervention in Tarascan lands 
event = {
	id = 334007
	trigger = {
		monarch = 023022
		vassal = { country = SPA country = PIC }
		NOT = { war = { country = PIC country = SPA } }
	}
	random = no
	country = PIC
	name = "EVENTNAME334007" #Spanish intervention in Tarascan lands
	desc = "EVENTHIST334007"
	#-#However, not long after the Tarascan submission, their relations with the Spaniards soured. When the Spanish found out that Tangáxuan II was still de facto ruler of his empire but only supplied the Spanish with a very small part of the resources extracted from the population they sent the ruthless conquistador Nuño de Guzmán, who allied himself with local Tarascan nobles against Tangáxuan and staged a sucessfull coup. Tangáxuan was soon put to death by the Spanish. This proved to be the end of Tarascan independance. During the next decades Tarascan puppet rulers were installed by the Spanish government, but these were mere illusions of autonomy, with real power resting safely in the hands of Spanish governors of the new province now called Michoacan.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1530 }
	offset = 3
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = march year = 1545 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME259703B" #Accept the fact (End Game)
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 023023 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 285337 } #SPA: The Tarascan empire is no more!
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME277040B" #Never!
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 023023 }
		command = { type = breakvassal which = SPA }
		command = { type = war which = SPA }
	}
}
Summary: The Spanish kill Tangaxuan, Tariacuri becomes leader. Unless an ahistorical option B is picked, Spain takes control of Tarascan lands.

Code:
#(1419-1600) The Tarascans accept our dominance
event = {
	id = 285336 #triggered by ALT_334006 A
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285336" #The Tarascans accept our dominance
	desc = "EVENTHIST334006"
	#-#After hearing about the fall of Tenochtitlan, the Tarascan ruler Tangáxuan II sent emissaries to the Spanish victors. A few Spaniards went with them to the Tarascan capital of Tzintzuntzan where they were presented to the ruler and gifts were exchanged. They returned with samples of gold and Cortés' interest in the Tarascan state was awakened. Soon a Spanish force under the leadership of Cristobal de Olid was sent into Tarascan territory and arrived at Tzintzuntzan within days. The Tarascan army numbered many thousands, but at the crucial moment they chose not to fight. The previous year, a spanish slave infected with smallpox had triggered an epidemic that was apparently quite widespread. Measles also came along with the earliest Spaniards, and led to further reductions in population. Partly as a result of these devastations, the Tarascans decided against war and chose to submit to the Spanish. As evidence of submission, the Tarascan ruler accepted baptism and brought Franciscan missionaries into the region. For this cooperation, the Tarascan state was allowed a large degree of autonomy.  

action_a = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		command = { type = vassal which = PIC }
		command = { type = relation which = PIC value = 150 }
	}
}

Code:
#(1419-1600) Spanish intervention in Tarascan lands 
event = {
	id = 285337 #triggered by PIC_334007 A
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285337" #The Tarascan empire is no more!
	desc = "EVENTHIST334007"
	#-#However, not long after the Tarascan submission, their relations with the Spaniards soured. When the Spanish found out that Tangáxuan II was still de facto ruler of his empire but only supplied the Spanish with a very small part of the resources extracted from the population they sent the ruthless conquistador Nuño de Guzmán, who allied himself with local Tarascan nobles against Tangáxuan and staged a sucessfull coup. Tangáxuan was soon put to death by the Spanish. This proved to be the end of Tarascan independance. During the next decades Tarascan puppet rulers were installed by the Spanish government, but these were mere illusions of autonomy, with real power resting safely in the hands of Spanish governors of the new province now called Michoacan.

action_a = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		command = { type = inherit which = PIC }
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 24 }
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 26 }		
	}
}

Oh and here are the Tarascan Monarchs:

Code:
# Tarascan Empire #

historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023018 }
		startdate = {
			year = 1419
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1430
		}
		name = "Hiripan"
		DIP = 4
		MIL = 4
		ADM = 5
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023019 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1430
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1454
		}
		name = "Tangáxuan I"
		DIP = 5
		MIL = 6
		ADM = 4
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023020 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1454
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1479
		}
		name = "Tzitzipandáquare"
		DIP = 5
		MIL = 7
		ADM = 4
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023025 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = april
			year = 1479
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1520
		}
		name = "Zuangua"
		DIP = 6
		MIL = 6
		ADM = 5
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023022 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1520
		}
		deathdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1545
		}
		name = "Tangáxuan II"
		DIP = 3
		MIL = 4
		ADM = 6
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023023 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1520
		}
		deathdate = {
			year = 1545
		}
		name = "Taríacuri"
		DIP = 4
		MIL = 3
		ADM = 5
		dormant = yes
	}
	historicalmonarch = {
		id = { type = 6 id = 023024 }
		startdate = {
			day = 1
			month = march
			year = 1545
		}
		deathdate = {
			year = 1562
		}
		name = "Huitziméngari"
		DIP = 3
		MIL = 3
		ADM = 4
	}

Note: Both Huitziméngari and Taríacuri were relatives of the royal line who did become the rulers of the Tarascans, albeit at the moment when SPain already was pulling the strings and the Tarascan empire was but a puppet state. Thus since they were historical figures who became formal rulers, with historical ruling dates I have them as "historical" monarchs. (Tariacuri can become the ruler earlier than historically, since the death of Tangaxuan depends on when and if a certain historical event happens)

Last edited:
ALT and PIC were already reserved for Tlaxcalla and Tarascans for a very long time, I'm just following what other people established long ago. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?136031-Grand-ID-and-tag-repository
Kie on the other hand is already taken by Zanj (not updated in the free tag despository, hence my mistake). TLA and KCH anre not available.
The repository was made when there were a limited number of tags available in EU2. FTG allows any three-letter combination.

The repository was made when there were a limited number of tags available in EU2. FTG allows any three-letter combination.

Yes. So we perhaps just change the tags and edit any events corresponding to them. :)

Well, there aren't any events for these three new countries yet. I'm just advocating making sensible picks while it's still easy.

Well, there aren't any events for these three new countries yet. I'm just advocating making sensible picks while it's still easy.

Sure its possible. ALT and PIC were already reserved for Tlaxcala and the Tarascan Empire, including the files provided to me by Garbon, so I decided to keep them as theya are. Kiche will be KCH.

@ Sabratha

When adding ID numbers for monarchs and events, please add the "# reference" at the end of each line. That's for better understanding.

An advice, when posting any event, one should always add the event description out of the coded space. It's easier to ready the text then, expecially when using firefox (like me).

Hi - just for a change I was thinking of playing an AGCEEP game as the Aztecs or Incas (yes know they're both a huge challenge...), but was wondering which of these is more viable/fun to play? I suppose the Aztecs are more likely to encounter Europeans first, but the Incas currently seem more appealing to me, for some reason...

It's been a long time since I played any of those two, but I remember one of them has events to convert to Christianity and so change its tech group. I recommend choosing that one, otherwise you'll be suffering by the end of the game.

After a quick look at the event files, it looks like the Inca Empire has the biggest potential for a more enjoyable game. The Aztecs don't seem to stand a chance against the Europeans. If you're more incline to the Incas, then I'd definitely go with them.

It's been a long time since I played any of those two, but I remember one of them has events to convert to Christianity and so change its tech group. I recommend choosing that one, otherwise you'll be suffering by the end of the game.

After a quick look at the event files, it looks like the Inca Empire has the biggest potential for a more enjoyable game. The Aztecs don't seem to stand a chance against the Europeans. If you're more incline to the Incas, then I'd definitely go with them.

It looks like both can potentially change their tech group (to China - wow!) and religion, but, as you say, the events for the Incas looks a little more fun, so I might give them a whirl.

Has anyone got any tips for play the Inca (or the Aztecs even)? I'm not looking for world conquest, just survival and local expansion.

It looks like both can potentially change their tech group (to China - wow!) and religion, but, as you say, the events for the Incas looks a little more fun, so I might give them a whirl.

Has anyone got any tips for play the Inca (or the Aztecs even)? I'm not looking for world conquest, just survival and local expansion.

Try to get into contact with as many europeans and other states as possible to get rid of the whiteman and isolation penalties that hinder your development. Which might mean not to annex your neighbour because then one state less is known to you and you suffer more isolation penalty.

Last edited:

I wasn't aware of an event that allows the Aztec Empire to change tech group? I thought i could only be affected by the global religious events for the Americas...