• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello again :D

A small list of generic leader names for Brazil:

Code:
BRZ = {
	"Cavalcanti"
	"Viera"
	"Andrade"
	"Silva"
	"de Barbacena"
	"Viana"
	"Campos"
	"de Magalhães"
	"Cardoso"
	"dos Reis"
	"Medeiros"
	"Monteiro"
	"Cunha"
}

And a small event for Portugal to simulate the Inconfidência Mineira, the first major separatist revolt!

Code:
#(1789-1792) Inconfidência Mineira
event = {
	id = 260151
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 208 data = -1 } #Minas Gerais
	}
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "EVENTNAME260151" #Inconfidência Mineira
	desc = "EVENTHIST260151"
	#-#The Inconfidência Mineira, or Minas Conspiracy, was the first major separatist movement in Brazil, with the objective of forming a Republic, clearly influenced by the American Independence and the French Enlightenment ideals, but before its planned revolt, it was betrayed by one of its members, Joaquim Silvério dos Reis, and all its members, including intellectuals, poets and officials from the army were arrested, with most of them hanged or exiled. Its motto, "Libertas quæ sera tamen", translated as "Freedom, even though late", became a major symbol of resistance in the Captaincy of Minas Gerais.

date = { day 1 month = january year = 1789 }
	offset = 50
	deathdate = { year = 1792 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME260151A" #Damn those mineiros
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 208 value = 5 }
	}
}
I have not tested it yet, but I hope it works fine and adds a bit of flavor :D

(I wasn't quite right about the place to post it, I hope it was here!)

Yeah, unless it changes owner. Unless the heightened revolt is intended to last through 1820 (and beyond), you'll need another event reducing it. Maybe an event firing April 1792, about the execution of Tiradentes and his legacy, and the commutation of sentence for others?

I don't know, I prefer the revolt risk, as it represents better the situation and the state of the Captaincy after the Inconfidência IMHO, with a lot of important people arrested, e.g. the Lieutenant Colonel Francisco de Paula Freire de Andrade, which was quite important in the Dragoon Regiment of Minas.

(Of course, I'm not exactly experienced in creating events, so if you want I can just make a revolt or write the other event as Brian suggested)

Jake Dust, do you know if these revolts lasted until the independence? And if they lasted, were they big and violent? This is important to know, because 5 RR is quite high to have permanently.

In a test I have seen Quebec forming from England and getting all French provinces surrounding the Great Lakes because of revolts and then starting to colonize Australia in late XVIIIth century together with USA, the Netherlands and Portugal! I don't know about Europeans if needed or not, also because of Tasman's travels, but I don't think North American people should/could start sailing in this way.

Imo Quebec shouldn't have explorers or colonize outside NA territories as much as USA.

Maybe the Chimu should be annexed to the Incas after the Incas control the Chimu capital, not Atalaya? It's not like the Incas annexed these territories in one swoop, so it's only fair to make the Incas fight for them a little harder. Besides, it would have the side effect of the event in "Incan Civil War" event chain, if Huascar is appointed ruler and refuses to fight Atahuallpa, firing properly, instead of Atahuallpa's holdings, represented by Chimu, joining the Incas immediately afterwards, plus giving them another 1000 gold :rolleyes:. Might as well wake the "Atahuallpa" monarch for Chimu in such a case. Or just have some generic "Chimu Nobles".

Maybe the Chimu should be annexed to the Incas after the Incas control the Chimu capital, not Atalaya? It's not like the Incas annexed these territories in one swoop, so it's only fair to make the Incas fight for them a little harder. Besides, it would have the side effect of the event in "Incan Civil War" event chain, if Huascar is appointed ruler and refuses to fight Atahuallpa, firing properly, instead of Atahuallpa's holdings, represented by Chimu, joining the Incas immediately afterwards, plus giving them another 1000 gold :rolleyes:. Might as well wake the "Atahuallpa" monarch for Chimu in such a case. Or just have some generic "Chimu Nobles".

Only difficulty is that it might set back the Inca's actually capturing Chimu which would then in turn affect Spanish conquest.

Please consider the following monarchs to be added to the next version of AGCEEP.

Aztec Empire(AZT)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 017008 }
	startdate = {
		day = 28
		month = february
		year = 1525
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Aztec Emperors *"
	DIP = 5
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 5
	dormant = no
}

Zapotecs(ZAP)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0168504 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1540
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Zapotec Nobles *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Mayas(MAA)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 080505 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1536
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Mayan Nobles *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Chimu(CHM)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 032502 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1443
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Kings of Chimu *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Only difficulty is that it might set back the Inca's actually capturing Chimu which would then in turn affect Spanish conquest.
Well, in my experience, in 1.2 Spain already is quite competent at attacking the South Americans without the events. I regularly see Spain taking Incan territory before Pizzaro.

Also, the Inca need more default leader names. Something like:

INC = {
"Huaypalcon"
"Quingallumbo"
"Tupac"
"Lamacocha"
"Sahuaraura"
"Anquimarca"
}

Please consider the following monarchs to be added to the next version of AGCEEP.

Aztec Empire(AZT)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 017008 }
	startdate = {
		day = 28
		month = february
		year = 1525
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Aztec Emperors *"
	DIP = 5
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 5
	dormant = no
}

Zapotecs(ZAP)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0168504 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1540
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Zapotec Nobles *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Mayas(MAA)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 080505 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1536
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Mayan Nobles *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Chimu(CHM)
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 032502 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1443
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Kings of Chimu *"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
}

Aren´t the values a bit high for pagan nations doomed to historical failure?
Especially the Aztecs. 5 in diplomacy? Now that you mention I remember those peaceloving Aztecs successfully creating one treaty after the next with their beloved neighbours and rapidly improving their reputation that sometimes was a bit lacking due to sacrificing their neighbours still living hearts on their altars...

If you want eternal monarchs for these nations after they historically ceased to exist then I would suggest to look at examples in the monarch files like the Anarchy of Bohemia

If they survive the events given to Spain to conquer them, that means they didn't fail that hard, after all. The Incan fantasy leaders are not that bad, for example.

Aren´t the values a bit high for pagan nations doomed to historical failure?
Especially the Aztecs. 5 in diplomacy? Now that you mention I remember those peaceloving Aztecs successfully creating one treaty after the next with their beloved neighbours and rapidly improving their reputation that sometimes was a bit lacking due to sacrificing their neighbours still living hearts on their altars...

If you want eternal monarchs for these nations after they historically ceased to exist then I would suggest to look at examples in the monarch files like the Anarchy of Bohemia

Yes, I will be for giving them 2 as diplomacy and 1 as administration and military, or something like this, but for sure not that 4,4,4 or 5,5,5.

The "American Declaration of Independence" province specific events desperately need an option B. It's really annoying to see a colony you have invested several hundred - maybe even a couple of thousand - ducats into be handed over to the United States without compensation just because England couldn't defeat the rebels in her colonies. (Especially since declaring war to get them back won't help either, since they are automatically returned to the USA the moment you get them back. Why would a purely Danish colony and the headquarters of my Danish colonial empire - Delaware - decide to join hands with a bunch of 'barbarian' English rebels?)

The fact that these events last until 1820 also means that the USA is more or less indestructible, since everything conquered from them will immediately be returned to them afterwards, unless I misunderstood something vital.

The "American Declaration of Independence" province specific events desperately need an option B. It's really annoying to see a colony you have invested several hundred - maybe even a couple of thousand - ducats into be handed over to the United States without compensation just because England couldn't defeat the rebels in her colonies. (Especially since declaring war to get them back won't help either, since they are automatically returned to the USA the moment you get them back. Why would a purely Danish colony and the headquarters of my Danish colonial empire - Delaware - decide to join hands with a bunch of 'barbarian' English rebels?)

The fact that these events last until 1820 also means that the USA is more or less indestructible, since everything conquered from them will immediately be returned to them afterwards, unless I misunderstood something vital.

There already are two ways out of that. There are three events about Delaware.
If you are protestand/reformed and certain events did not trigger only then do you automatically cede the province to the USA.
If you are catholic you don´t.

Perhaps aiding England against those democratic rebels is not a bad idea? After all Denmark is a monarchy just like England and historically the USA were first seen as an abomination among the royal houses of Europe.
If certain events have triggered you´re safe.

Code:
#(1773-1820) Turmoil in Delaware (if reformed/protestant)
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 338318
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			religion = protestant
			religion = reformed
		}
		NOT = {
			event = 4983 #ENG: The Treaty of Paris (USA has won)
			event = 4984 #ENG: The Treaty of Paris (ENG has lost territories)
			event = 4985 #ENG: The Destruction of the Tax Revolt (ENG has won, no USA)
			event = 3052 #ENG: The North American Union (no USA, FRA radical republic)
			event = 4987 #ENG: Colonial dissatisfaction cools (no USA, patch event reducing RR)
			core = { province = 247 data = -1 } #Anglia (England has its own revolts)
			core = { province = 86 data = -1 } #Delaware (USA is obviously exempted)
			flag = [support_US] #France, Spain or the Netherlands could be US allies
			flag = [boston]
			flag = [philadelphia]
		}
		event = 3049 #ENG: The American Revolution
		war = { country = USA country = ENG }
		event = 4993 #USA: The Declaration of Independence
	}
	random = no
	province = 86 #Delaware
	name = "EVENTNAME338318" #Turmoil in Delaware
	desc = "EVENTHIST338300"
	#-#A Continental Congress has been assembled of honored and influential representatives from all of the North American colonies under the foreign rule, but increasingly afflicted by the outrageous policies of their monarch it is now unified and determined in the goal of cutting the cords that still bind the colonies to Europe. With the Declaration of Independence the rebelling colonists have stated the will to govern themselves as an independent nation. The American revolutionary spark is spreading across all the colonies along the Atlantic Coast of North America. What do we do to stop our colonists to join these revolts against the European rule?

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1773 }
	offset = 13
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME338300A" #Accept their demands of independence
		command = { type = relation which = USA value = 25 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 86 } #Delaware
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 338320 } #ProvinceSpec*86: All quiet in Delaware
	}
}
#(1773-1820) Turmoil in Delaware (if catholic)
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 338319
	trigger = {
		religion = catholic
		NOT = {
			event = 4983 #ENG: The Treaty of Paris (USA has won)
			event = 4984 #ENG: The Treaty of Paris (ENG has lost territories)
			event = 4985 #ENG: The Destruction of the Tax Revolt (ENG has won, no USA)
			event = 3052 #ENG: The North American Union (no USA, FRA radical republic)
			event = 4987 #ENG: Colonial dissatisfaction cools (no USA, patch event reducing RR)
			flag = [boston]
			flag = [philadelphia]
		}
		event = 3049 #ENG: The American Revolution
		event = 4993 #USA: The Declaration of Independence
	}
	random = no
	province = 86 #Delaware
	name = "EVENTNAME338318" #Turmoil in Delaware
	desc = "EVENTHIST338300"
	#-#A Continental Congress has been assembled of honored and influential representatives from all of the North American colonies under the foreign rule, but increasingly afflicted by the outrageous policies of their monarch it is now unified and determined in the goal of cutting the cords that still bind the colonies to Europe. With the Declaration of Independence the rebelling colonists have stated the will to govern themselves as an independent nation. The American revolutionary spark is spreading across all the colonies along the Atlantic Coast of North America. What do we do to stop our colonists to join these revolts against the European rule?

offset = 13

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME338301A" #Crush those 'American' rebels
		command = { type = relation which = USA value = -25 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 86 value = 27 } #Delaware
	}
}
#(1773-1820) All quiet in Delaware
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 338320
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			flag = [boston]
			flag = [philadelphia]
			event = 338319 #ProvinceSpec*86: Turmoil in North American colonies (if catholic)
		}
		NOT = {
		}
	}
	random = no
	province = 86 #Delaware
	name = "EVENTNAME338320" #All quiet in Delaware
	desc = "EVENTHIST338302"
	#-#Our North American subjects have come to accept the reasonable policies of His Majesty's government and no longer threaten to revolt against us.

offset = 13

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME338302A" #The 'Americans' are tamed
		command = { type = relation which = USA value = -25 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 86 value = -70 } #Delaware
	}
}

Last edited: