• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
France definitely needs a core in India. Both Portugal and India get at least some addcore or inherit or secedeprovince, but not France. The French event for Pondicherry triggers only if France already conquers it.
I was just playing Vijayanagar and got an event to cede Pondicherry to France. (I declined, of course.)

Ah- here it is.

On topic, I've been writing a few events for interactions between Indian states and France+Britain. I need to slap some descriptions on them and then we'll have a few sequences for French/British influence in the Carnatic and Northern Circars. Some of them can then be tweaked in light of De-VILLARS's events that allow for the appointment of Dupleix (or not).

Current De-Villars' problem is with Indian countries that could be good candidates for relation hits in action_b of proposed "Increasing influence in India" and same for action_a (positive) and action_b (negative) in proposed "Dupleix in India". See the link in post #23.

Relevant Indian nations:

Golconda/Hyderabad(HYD)
Mysore(MYS)
Madurai/Arcot(EDE)

I'm not sure what French relations were to these states prior to 1750. I know that France installed friendly leaders in HYD and EDE, and then both of those states eventually became friends of the British. MYS also was at one point friends of France but I don't know when that started.

Note: On the slashed nations, the second name listed is the name relevant to this time period, the first name is just the name of the given to that shared tag.