• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
kevinxu said:
Da Shun

Gao Yingxiang(leader until 1636)
  rank=0 movement=3 fire=3 shock=3 siege=3
  Lao Huihui
  rank=3 movement=3 fire=0 shock=3 siege=1
  Red Madam
  rank=4 movement=3 fire=1 shock=3 siege=1
Red Madam is a fictional character as well as Li Yan, isn't she?
If you want to add some new generals to Da Shun, I suggest taking Niu JinXing or Song XianCe in account even if they may not be so popular as others in China.

And it may be better to post your suggestions according to the standard format.

Last edited:
waishi said:
Red Madam is a fictional character as well as Li Yan, isn't she?
If you want to add some new generals to Da Shun, I suggest taking Niu JinXing or Song XianCe in account even if they may not be so popular as others in China.

And it may be better to post your suggestions according to the standard format.

Maybe they are fictional character, I don't know the detail well, but Niu Jinxing is a Wenguan(Minister, or advisors) who didn't lead an army as I can remember, so as Song Xiance.Maybe I'm wrong. But do you believe me?

kevinxu said:
Maybe they are fictional character, I don't know the detail well, but Niu Jinxing is a Wenguan(Minister, or advisors) who didn't lead an army as I can remember, so as Song Xiance.Maybe I'm wrong. But do you believe me?
I see your point while I think they were strategists if not field generals.
Then what about Li Chixin or Liu Zongmin? AFAIK they fought with Li Zicheng from the beginning as important generals.

Last edited:
waishi said:
I see your point while I think they were strategists if not field generals.
Then what about Li Chixin or Liu Zongmin? AFAIK they fought with Li Zicheng from the beginning as important generals.

I don't know Li Chixin but Liu Zongmin was a general of Li Zicheng.

I really hope that Manchu shouldn't become China. It had never been China. Manchu is Manchu and it used the flag of "Qing".And Southern Ming should remain China in the scenario 1648.
This case is much different as what happend in the west.

But Qing dynasty is a Chinese dynasty. Manchus as a country (MCH tag) doesn't represent this.
This is why we implement China -> Southern Ming and Manchus -> China changes at the same time.

It's kind of you, but I know nothing of him and can't find any informationabout him(Chinese can't view Wikipedia, and I don't know how his name was written), we can just let him be.

If I have never heard about Uesugi Kenshin, I also don't know Nagao Kagetora . You see it. ;)

In the year 1648, Da Shun didn't exist, it disappeared 1646.
At that time, Da Xi has joined Southern Ming. You can also set it as a vassal of Southern Ming, anyway, at that time, Da Xi is in Sichuan, it may not had Lanzhou that time. Zhang Xianzhong dead 1646, so you can set it as if it joined Southern Ming.
He also said his successer Li Dingguo to join Ming after his death.

I've just finished Southern Mings reconquista of the whole China.
Then the event is trigged that Southern Ming became China.
I managed it 1770.Inflation 100%
It's really great that I've seen so many events of a nation which is very unknown to the westen.
But as it comes, the emperor became Qianlong, I'm afraid that his death year in the game is later than the year of the foundation, so that he will rule until the end of the game.

kevinxu said:
In the year 1648, Da Shun didn't exist, it disappeared 1646.
At that time, Da Xi has joined Southern Ming. You can also set it as a vassal of Southern Ming, anyway, at that time, Da Xi is in Sichuan, it may not had Lanzhou that time. Zhang Xianzhong dead 1646, so you can set it as if it joined Southern Ming.
He also said his successer Li Dingguo to join Ming after his death.
It seems we have to amend 1648 setup then.

Sorry, I didn't have time to analyze your proposals but be assured it is in my ToDo list.

kevinxu said:
I've just finished Southern Mings reconquista of the whole China.
Then the event is trigged that Southern Ming became China.
I managed it 1770.Inflation 100%
It's really great that I've seen so many events of a nation which is very unknown to the westen.
But as it comes, the emperor became Qianlong, I'm afraid that his death year in the game is later than the year of the foundation, so that he will rule until the end of the game.
With Ming's victory, you should have "Ming Dynasty back to Beijing" event (CHI_147133) firing. Is there a bug in this part?
EDIT: I tested the sequence again and you are informed a Qing will rule but he is immediately replaced with a plausible Ming (monarch with ° at the end of the name). Isn't it what happened to you? Could you please check your current monarch or send me the savefile at yodamaster@agceep.net?

And be aware many events were created by people living in Hong-Kong.

Last edited:
I've sent it to you.
If you can tell me the range of free id numbers(handle?) of events and generals of China and Manchu( and Southern Ming), then I can write the codes for you.
Will you?

I found the bug for Southern Ming thanks to the savefile. Following event (leftover of previous versions or wrong copy/paste from other Chinese minors) makes no sense:
Code:
#(1644-1820) switching back the AI for Southern Ming (temporary) - Ahistorical
event = {
	id = 317004
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			exists = CHI
			exists = MCH
			exists = U11
			exists = U12
			exists = U13
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = U14
	name = "EVENTNAME317004" #Peace returns to China
	desc = "EVENTHIST317004"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1644 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "GOOD"
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = capital which = 649 } #Hebei
		command = { type = flagname which = "" }
		command = { type = country which = CHI }
	}
}
#-#Southern Ming reunified and brought peace back to China.

I simply suggest to remove this event. Only solution for Southern Ming will be:
Code:
#(1644-1820) Claiming the Imperial Throne - Ahistorical
event = {
	id = 317002
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 649 data = -1 } #Hebei
		control = { province = 649 data = -1 } #Hebei
		owned = { province = 650 data = -1 } #Shandong
		owned = { province = 651 data = -1 } #Jinan
		owned = { province = 652 data = -1 } #Jiangsu
		owned = { province = 653 data = -1 } #Shanghai
		owned = { province = 654 data = -1 } #Anhui
		owned = { province = 655 data = -1 } #Zhejiang
		owned = { province = 1562 data = -1 } #Shanxi
		owned = { province = 1563 data = -1 } #Shaanxi
		owned = { province = 1564 data = -1 } #Henan
		owned = { province = 1565 data = -1 } #Hubei
		owned = { province = 1567 data = -1 } #Nanchang
		countrysize = 16
		NOT = { exists = CHI }
	}
	random = no
	country = U14
	name = "EVENTNAME317002" #Claiming the Imperial Throne
	desc = "EVENTHIST317002"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1644 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME317002A" #Long live the Emperor!
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = capital which = 649 } #Hebei
		command = { type = flagname which = "" }
		command = { type = country which = CHI }
		command = { type = trigger which = 147133 } #CHI: Ming Dynasty back to Beijing
	}
}
#-#The displaced ruler of the Ming Dynasty through careful warfare, diplomacy and other various means is able to once again claim to be the legitimate Emperor of China.

Others Chinese minors can still form China (adapted U14_317004) but, without known plausible monarchs, it will be Qing dynasty on the throne. Sequence could of course be enhanced for all of them.

kevinxu said:
If you can tell me the range of free id numbers(handle?) of events and generals of China and Manchu( and Southern Ming), then I can write the codes for you.
Will you?
This is a proposal I can't refuse. :)
Don't hesitate to ask if you need help for syntax.

Open events files in Events folder with notepad and you will find first available id(s) at the end of the file. for example and for China:
#First free id: 147136

It is the same for leaders and monarchs. See at the end of corresponding file in Db folder (and monarchs or leaders subfolder).

Be aware reservations must be made in this thread. See used formalism for posting in this thread (and possible existing reservations).

@kevinxu: for your game, fix is easy.

Open the console (F12) and type: event 147133
Press Enter key
Close the console (Ctrl + F12)

For 1770, you will then have "Guangda *" as monarch. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Garbon said:
I didn't know that we made leader/monarch reservations. :eek:o
Only events are really necessary. We don't change monarchs and leaders very often and it is more rare to see two people working at the same time on the same files... but it could happen. Nevertheless, I take easily care of doublons for them.

I'm curious about some of these generals as for instance:

Mangui 1622-1629
  rank=3 movement=5 fire=2 shock=4 siege=0

is a pretty decent generally value. That's better than some well-known generals at the current moment. Can you provide any insight on some of the values for some of these guys?

Recall that leaders don't use as high a numbers as monarchs. Napoleon is 6/6/6.

Garbon said:
I'm curious about some of these generals as for instance:

Mangui 1622-1629
  rank=3 movement=5 fire=2 shock=4 siege=0

is a pretty decent generally value. That's better than some well-known generals at the current moment. Can you provide any insight on some of the values for some of these guys?

Recall that leaders don't use as high a numbers as monarchs. Napoleon is 6/6/6.

Thank you, at first I thought that high rank number means high rank.I'm wrong.
And I must reduce their abilities.

Yoda, can I write the generals in this way above , they are short, and plausible and in one line, and the syntax doesn't matter if they are in one line, it only checks the '}' like C, so that we can make it shorter.

kevinxu said:
Yoda, can I write the generals in this way above , they are short, and plausible and in one line, and the syntax doesn't matter if they are in one line, it only checks the '}' like C, so that we can make it shorter.
Which way?
Correct way is the one that can be found in monarchs/leaders files. There is no other way for EU2 engine. And I will have to adapt any other presentation (i.e. more time for me at compiling time).

YodaMaster said:
Which way?
He's just talking about the whitespace.