• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
can we also include Vietnam?Vietnam had quite many interactivities with China that time.

As I suggested in 'Compiling 1.59' I would like to see the religion of Japan to be changed from Buddhism to Shinto.

More specifically, please change the followings,

In 1419_NIP_Japan.inc and 1520_NIP_Japan.inc in AGCEEP/Scenarios/(1419 or 1520),
Code:
from 
religion = { type = buddhism }
to
religion = { type = shinto }

And in provinces.txt in AGCEEP/Db/Map,
Code:
for provinces id=683~688,from 
religion = buddhism 
to
religion = shinto

I have checked the events for Japan and I found no reference to Buddhism or Shinto, so I believe these changes should be enough.

agree

After some considering, I think that there is no need to change the conversion-to-Confucian seaquence in the 17th century since the expected background isn't so different from the current version.

However, an ahistorical random event called "Ikki and Kakure-Kirishitans" (NIP_242058) should be removed. It seems too harsh for a Shinto-ist isolated Japan, not a Buddhist one.

I have some opinions for the Chinese events.

1. Country name of CHI tag

I think we don't have to name it as "China", we could directly name it as "Ming". As for the Manchus who conquer and become China, in my opinion, we could just make an event to add Chinese lands to Manchus' core territories (in one time or in several times with some conditions like +3 stability etc.). As thus, we won't have to have the repetition of Manchus' monarchs names in CHI, and
the tag "Southern Ming" will be no necessary too.

2. Rebellions in the late Ming dynasty & the series of events of "Manchu takes over China"

I think we should add some random events for Ming (CHI) to make some peasants rebellions (e.g. when stability < 0, or the set of the policies, the peasants will rebel and in the mean time -1 stability.)
As for Manchu taking over China, I think those events that make Ming (CHI) cede directly territories to MCH are so unnatural. In my opinion, we could make some events to let MCH decide to attack CHI or not, e.g. when CHI's stability is low and MCH's stability is high, it'll trigger a event to ask MCH if it wants to take this chance to invade CHI.

3. Wo pirates and Mongols's disturbance

Wo pirates and Mongols are two big problems of Ming dynasty, but in this game, we rarely see that. So I think we should make some more random events with certain conditions (e.g. the policy tends to mercantilism or the low stability etc.) to realise it as a form of Rebels.

I have some opinions for the Chinese events.

1. Country name of CHI tag

I think we don't have to name it as "China", we could directly name it as "Ming".

Ming is the ruling dynasty. But not the state. That would be like naming England "Plantagenet" or France "Valois". Only in special cases (e.g. Englands War of the Roses) when factions split a state should we use those factions names.

As for the Manchus who conquer and become China, in my opinion, we could just make an event to add Chinese lands to Manchus' core territories (in one time or in several times with some conditions like +3 stability etc.).

What do you mean here? Event 3700 of the Manchus already gives them cores on chinese provinces.

As thus, we won't have to have the repetition of Manchus' monarchs names in CHI, and
the tag "Southern Ming" will be no necessary too.

Saving a tag would be great in EU2 - but in FtG we have more tags available so that is not necessary.
And as the Manchu became rulers of China for a long time and became more and more assimilated into chinese bureaucracy and customs I would think it wrong to keep them as Manchu with chinese cores - they should become "China" after the conquest.

2. Rebellions in the late Ming dynasty & the series of events of "Manchu takes over China"

I think we should add some random events for Ming (CHI) to make some peasants rebellions (e.g. when stability < 0, or the set of the policies, the peasants will rebel and in the mean time -1 stability.)

Hasn´t China got more than enough events to give revolts or to raise revoltrisk?
Having low stabiltiy already means having more revoltrisk - so there is no need for additional events triggered only by low stability. If you hover the cursor over the revoltrisk in the province screen you´ll see the causes of revoltrisk and the effects of stability.

As for Manchu taking over China, I think those events that make Ming (CHI) cede directly territories to MCH are so unnatural. In my opinion, we could make some events to let MCH decide to attack CHI or not, e.g. when CHI's stability is low and MCH's stability is high, it'll trigger a event to ask MCH if it wants to take this chance to invade CHI.

AGCEEP want´s to achieve historical results and the events should be constructed so that the involved parties are "guided" towards historical results in most games.
Having more events about that choice means more chances to have ahistorical results. Would the Manchu really decide NOT to invade china, get the plunder of their lives and become emperors of China if they had some stability problem for a time?

3. Wo pirates and Mongols's disturbance
Wo pirates and Mongols are two big problems of Ming dynasty, but in this game, we rarely see that. So I think we should make some more random events with certain conditions (e.g. the policy tends to mercantilism or the low stability etc.) to realise it as a form of Rebels.

Event CHI 147000 and CHI 10005/10006 for the japanese pirate raids is not enough?

Thanks for replying me. I'm not an Anlophone so excuse me if I am not able to express correctly my thoughts.

1. About Ch'ing dynasty (MCH => CHI)

I know it's a dynasty transformation in one country, but I just think we don't have to use that way to represent it. The reason is that we won't have to switch between tags (MCH=>CHI SMI=>CHI KOR=>CHI DAS=>CHI DAX=>CHI...etc.) just because these country become China. (and hence we don't have to write again these country's monarchs/leaders into CHI's monarch/leader file)

So I don't name the tag CHI as China, it doesn't mean I don't regard Ch'ing (or Qing) Dynasty as China. I think the events to make MCH have Chinese provinces as its core ones after it conquers China (or Ming) could be already enough to signify it has become China.

2. Ming's rebellions

I hope the process of the game would be natural and logical, so I dont like the event to forc the Ming cede its northern provinces to MCH. It's very unnatural. So I'm thinking, if we make a situation that the Ming face in reality and in the same time Manchu is strong enough, then let the Manchu to attack Ming. Therefore, I'd like to make more rebellions or some bad situation to Ming in the late years of Ming dynasty to make a chance for Manchu to attack/conquer it. It's more natural. And as what I say in point 1, if Ming is conquered, it naturally become Southern Ming without tag changing.

It's just my thought. Just a suggestion.

=================================================

By the way, there is a CHI's monarch name wrongly spelled :

name = "Hongchi" => "Hongzhi"

And why does it write a Chinese character of "Ch'ing"(清) on MCH's flag/shield since it have not become Ch'ing dynasty ?

Thanks for replying me. I'm not an Anlophone so excuse me if I am not able to express correctly my thoughts.

I´m no english native speaker either so we can butcher the english language together ;-)

1. About Ch'ing dynasty (MCH => CHI)

I know it's a dynasty transformation in one country, but I just think we don't have to use that way to represent it. The reason is that we won't have to switch between tags (MCH=>CHI SMI=>CHI KOR=>CHI DAS=>CHI DAX=>CHI...etc.) just because these country become China. (and hence we don't have to write again these country's monarchs/leaders into CHI's monarch/leader file)

IMO no.
There is a difference here between a conqueror taking provinces from another state or a conqueror becoming another state.

When Russia conquers Kazan or Astrachan they simply add those provinces to a larger Russia.
However only if the Manchu would have conquered china but stayed Manchu and ruled from Manchuria then we could argue that we should only give the "Manchu state" cores on China and nothing more.

However the Manchu soon after the conquest moved their capital to China, started using the chinese imperial title and after a few years became aware that if nothing was done the manchu would be assimilated into chinese culture and that the chinese would overcome them with numbers. That´s one of the reasons that chinese were for a time forbid to settle in Manchuria to keep the Manchu lands pure Manchu.
Manchuria after a while became a border region of a China that was ruled by a manchu dynastie but still was chinese by use of the chinese imperial title the majority of it´s population and it´s bureuacracy. So the Manchu did not rule a larger Manchuria but had become part of chinese history as rulers of a larger China of which Manchuria had become a part of.

So I don't name the tag CHI as China, it doesn't mean I don't regard Ch'ing (or Qing) Dynasty as China. I think the events to make MCH have Chinese provinces as its core ones after it conquers China (or Ming) could be already enough to signify it has become China.

But why? We have quite a lot of states that can form or become other states and change their tag and name doing that:
http://www.agceep.net/FAQ.htm#Nations

Remember that events are connected to the event file of the country - so if you would plan to let "Manchu China" stay "Manchuria" then all manchu chinese events would need to be in the Manchuria event file. And you would need to change the triggers of nearly all events because they would only fit if the Manchus actually do conquer china like they did historically.

2. Ming's rebellions

I hope the process of the game would be natural and logical, so I dont like the event to forc the Ming cede its northern provinces to MCH. It's very unnatural. So I'm thinking, if we make a situation that the Ming face in reality and in the same time Manchu is strong enough, then let the Manchu to attack Ming. Therefore, I'd like to make more rebellions or some bad situation to Ming in the late years of Ming dynasty to make a chance for Manchu to attack/conquer it. It's more natural.

What you describe is option b in event CHI 10010: Don´t cede the provinces but deal with expensive rebellions. Before that event Ming China should have some revoltrisk already in manchurian provinces if it owns them because Ming China does not have Manchu culture and never gains Manchu culture and as far as I remember the Ming never gain cores on Manchuria.

Edit:
Changes that I could see to the CHI events in which Manchu China gets the southern Ming is to change inherit to annex.
Difference is that Manchu china gains more bad boy points and will not get the armies of southern Ming.
command = { type = inherit which = aaa }
Inherits country aaa. All provinces go to the country receiving the event, provinces controlled by other countries remain controlled by them only if at war with the inheriting country (each inherited province gives 0.25 badboy point, military units are inherited too).

command = { type = annex which = aaa }
Annexes country aaa. Provinces controlled by other countries go to the controller (each annexed province gives 1 badboy point, military units are destroyed).

The revolt commands in the annexation events could be removed. In EU2 having a core on a province prevented nationalism. Therefore in the old version the revoltcommands had to be used to have them resist despite the Manchu core. In FtG using the claimcore instead is IMO the better way - the Manchu can conquer the provinces but won´t get full manpower from them and suffer nationalism for 30 years.

The casusbelli given is unnecessary - when the Manchu have cores on the provinces of China they have a permanent casus belli and don´t need any temporary casus belli.

Edit: On second thought and after reading a bit about Nurhaci I don´t like the entire series. Nurhaci did not conquer all of China - his successors did. What actually happened during Nurhacis lifetime was that the Manchu took Liaoning province from the Ming and then Nurhaci moved the Manchu capital there for future conquests. The real conquest followed later. I suggest to delete the addcore commands from the current two events and only add those for northern china. Only after the Manchu conquer Liaoning should they gain cores on the rest of China.

Should´t the armies of Nurhaci be named "banners" instead of "flags" in the text?

New province-specific event about revolt in Liaoning *before the Manchu conquest starts* for everyone owning province 646, most likely Ming China but not the Manchu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurhaci

Code:
[color=yellow]
#(1582-1593) Liaoning and Manchu tribes
#by ConjurerDragon
event = {
	id = 338498
	trigger = {
			owned = { province = 646 data = -1 }  #Liaoning
                        NOT = { control = { province = 646 data = MCH } } #not for Manchu
                       	}
	random = no
	province = 646 #Liaoning
	name = "EVENTNAME338498" #growing Manchu trouble in Liaoning
	desc = "EVENTHIST338498"
	#-#In 1582 the father Taksi and grandfather Giocangga of future manchu khan Nurhaci were killed in an attack on Gure (Liaoning province) by a rival Jurchen chieftain Nikan Wailan ("Nikan Wailan" means "Secretary of Chinese people" in Jurchen language, thus his existence is suspected by some historians.) while being led by Li Chengliang. The following year, Nurhaci began to unify the Jurchen bands around his area. In 1584, when he was 25, he attacked Nikan Wailan at Tulun (village in Liaoning too) to avenge the deaths of his father and grandfather, who are said to have left him nothing but thirteen suits of armor. Nikan Wailan fled away to Erhun, which got attacked by Nurhaci again in 1587. Nikan Wailan this time fled to Li Chengliang's territory. Later, as a way to build relationship, Li gave Nikan Wailan to Nurhaci, who beheaded Nikan Wailan immediately. With Li's support, Nurhaci gradually grew his strength in the following years.

date = { year = 1582 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1593 }

action_a = {
		name = "DAMN" 
		command = { type = revolt which = 646 } #Liaoning
		command = { type = relation which = MCH value = -10 }
	              }
	   }
[/color]

New event for move to Liaoning after owned:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurhaci#Family

Code:
[color=yellow]
#(1621-1644) The Move to Liaoning
#by ConjurerDragon
event = {
	id = 221011
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 646 data = -1 }
		control = { province = 646 data = -1 }
                capital = 643 #Jilin MCH has not already moved capital to Beijing
		}
	random = no
	country = MCH
	name = "EVENTNAME221011" #The Move to Liaoning
	desc = "EVENTHIST221011"
	#-#Now that the we have gained control of Liaoning, it would seem that the most reasonable place to rule our realm from is the place where our armies can be assembled for our next steps against the Ming.

date = { year = 1621 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1644 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME10028A" #Yes,let us move the capital!
		command = { type = capital which = 646 } #Liaoning
		command = { type = treasury value = -10 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
                command = { type = addcore which = 650 } #Shandong
		command = { type = addcore which = 651 } #Jinan
		command = { type = addcore which = 652 } #Jiangsu
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 653 } #Shanghai
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 654 } #Anhui
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 655 } #Zhejiang
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 656 } #Fujian
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 657 } #Kowloon
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 658 } #Guangzhou
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 659 } #Guangdong
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 660 } #Hainan
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 661 } #Guangxi
		command = { type = addcore which = 1553 } #Yunnan
		command = { type = addcore which = 1555 } #Wenshan
		command = { type = addcore which = 1556 } #Guizhou
		command = { type = addcore which = 1557 } #Sichuan Pendi
		command = { type = addcore which = 1558 } #Lanzhou
		command = { type = addcore which = 1559 } #Xining
		command = { type = addcore which = 1560 } #Ningxia
		command = { type = addcore which = 1561 } #Hohhot
		command = { type = addcore which = 1562 } #Shanxi
		command = { type = addcore which = 1563 } #Shaanxi
		command = { type = addcore which = 1564 } #Henan
		command = { type = addcore which = 1565 } #Hubei
		command = { type = addcore which = 1566 } #Hunan
		command = { type = addcore which = 1567 } #Nanchang
		command = { type = addcore which = 1608 } #Qilian Pendi
			}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME10028B" #No, we will remain in our old capital
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -1 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
	}
}
[/color]
Code:
#(1608-1629) The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -I-
event = {
	id = 3700
	trigger = {
		exists = CHI
		NOT = { vassal = { country = CHI country = MCH } }
		NOT = { event = 221005 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -II-
	}
	random = no
	country = MCH
	name = "EVENTNAME3700" #The Eastern Mongols Assimilated
	desc = "EVENTHIST3700"
	#-#Several large Eastern Mongol tribes unite under Nurchachi and his number of 'flags' (armies) increases from four to eight. It is now that he set his goal to conquer China. In 1616 he take the title 'Kin-Khan' to show that his people descend from the Kin-Tungus. He also takes the name 'Aisin Giorin (Golden tribe). In 1625 he attacked China, a development that ultimately ended in a total Manchurian victory.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1608 }
	offset = 120
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1629 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3700A" #We are ready to attack
		[color=red]command = { type = casusbelli which = CHI value = 1200 }[/color]
		command = { type = relation which = CHI value = -150 }
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = LAND value = 5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = 5 }
		command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 25000 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -3 value = 15000 }
		command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 15000 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -3 value = 25000 }
		command = { type = stability value = 3 }
		[color=yellow]command = { type = addcore_claim which = 645 } #Johol
                command = { type = cityname which = 645 value = "Tongliao" }[/color]
		command = { type = addcore which = 646 } #Liaotung
		command = { type = addcore which = 647 } #Liaoning
		command = { type = addcore which = 648 } #Hepei
		command = { type = addcore which = 649 } #Hebei
		[color=red]command = { type = addcore which = 650 } #Shandong
		command = { type = addcore which = 653 } #Shanghai
		command = { type = addcore which = 654 } #Anhui
		command = { type = addcore which = 655 } #Zhejiang
		command = { type = addcore which = 656 } #Fujian
		command = { type = addcore which = 657 } #Kowloon
		command = { type = addcore which = 658 } #Guangzhou
		command = { type = addcore which = 659 } #Guangdong
		command = { type = addcore which = 660 } #Hainan
		command = { type = addcore which = 661 } #Guangxi
		command = { type = addcore which = 1608 } #Qilian Pendi[/color]
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 221005 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -II-
	}
}
#(1608-1629) The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -II-
event = {
	id = 221005
	trigger = {
		vassal = { country = CHI country = MCH }
		NOT = { event = 3700 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -I-
	}
	random = no
	country = MCH
	desc = "EVENTHIST3700"
	#-#Several large Eastern Mongol tribes unite under Nurchachi and his number of 'flags' (armies) increases from four to eight. It is now that he set his goal to conquer China. In 1616 he take the title 'Kin-Khan' to show that his people descend from the Kin-Tungus. He also takes the name 'Aisin Giorin (Golden tribe). In 1625 he attacked China, a development that ultimately ended in a total Manchurian victory.

offset = 120

action_a = {
		command = { type = breakvassal which = CHI }
		command = { type = relation which = CHI value = -300 }
		[color=red]command = { type = casusbelli which = CHI value = 1200 }[/color]
		command = { type = stability value = 6 }
		[color=yellow]command = { type = addcore_claim which = 645 } #Johol
                command = { type = cityname which = 645 value = "Tongliao" }[/color]
		[color=red]command = { type = addcore which = 650 } #Shandong
		command = { type = addcore which = 653 } #Shanghai
		command = { type = addcore which = 654 } #Anhui
		command = { type = addcore which = 655 } #Zhejiang
		command = { type = addcore which = 656 } #Fujian
		command = { type = addcore which = 657 } #Kowloon
		command = { type = addcore which = 658 } #Guangzhou
		command = { type = addcore which = 659 } #Guangdong
		command = { type = addcore which = 660 } #Hainan
		command = { type = addcore which = 661 } #Guangxi
		command = { type = addcore which = 1608 } #Qilian Pendi[/color]
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3700 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -I-
	}
}

Code:
#(1652-1699) Collapse of the Southern Ming
event = {
	id = 147134
	trigger = {
		event = 317019 #SMI: Refuge in Taiwan
		owned = { province = 689 data = SMI } #Taiwan
		control = { province = 689 data = -1 } #Taiwan
	}
	random = no
	country = CHI
	name = "EVENTNAME147134" #Collapse of the Southern Ming
	desc = "EVENTHIST147134"
	#-#The defeat of his fleet at the Battle of Penghu by Shi Lang caused Koxinga's grandson, leader of the remnant Ming dynasty forces in Taiwan, to offer his surrender.

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1652 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1699 }

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = [color=red]inherit[/color][color=yellow]annex[/color] which = SMI }
	}
}

Code:
#(1644) The Manchu takeover of China
event = {
	id = 10018 #triggered by CHI_10017 A
	random = no
	country = MCH
	name = "EVENTNAME10018" #The Manchu Takeover of China
	desc = "EVENTHIST10018"
	#-#Wonderful news! The Chinese have accepted our offer, although it wold seem likely that many in the south would still prefer the old Ming Dynasty, which will likely result in instability in those areas.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME10018A" #We are now the rulers of China!
		command = { type = [color=red]inherit[/color][color=yellow]annex[/color] which = CHI }
		[color=red]command = { type = revolt which = 653 } #Shanghai
		command = { type = revolt which = 654 } #Anhui
		command = { type = revolt which = 655 } #Zhejiang
		command = { type = revolt which = 656 } #Fujian
		command = { type = revolt which = 657 } #Kowloon
		command = { type = revolt which = 658 } #Guangzhou
		command = { type = revolt which = 659 } #Guangdong
		command = { type = revolt which = 660 } #Hainan
		command = { type = revolt which = 661 } #Guangxi
		command = { type = revolt which = 689 } #Taiwan[/color]
	}
}

Same change here:

Code:
#(1683) The End of the Ming Dynasty
event = {
	id = 10027 #triggered by CHI_10026 A
	random = no
	country = MCH
	name = "EVENTNAME10027" #The End of the Ming Dynasty
	desc = "EVENTHIST10027"
	#-#The last of the Ming pretenders has fled and the remnant Chinese forces in the south are offering to surrender to us unconditionally!

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = [color=red]inherit[/color][color=yellow]annex[/color] which = CHI }
	}
}

Resulting needed change for the 1648 scenanario in which the Manchu have taken over China:
file
1648_CHI_China.inc

Code:
nationalprovinces = {
		611 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 643 644 646 647 648 649 650 651 652  [color=red]653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 [/color]1467 1468 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1557 1558 1553 1555 1556 1559 1608
	}
[color=yellow]claimedprovinces = { 645 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 }[/color]

Last edited:
Change to event CHI147063 about Taiwan

The old event gives a national core on Taiwan and 15% revoltrisk for the contnous rebellions every few years.

With the new diversified cores as described here
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?433641-Development-Diary-4-23rd-of-September-2009
we chould change that by exchanging the national core to a claim core and reducing the RR accordingly.

Code:
#(1652-1699) We have conquered Taiwan
event = {
	id = 147063
	trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = SMI }
		owned = { province = 689 data = -1 } #Taiwan
		control = { province = 689 data = -1 }
	}
	random = no
	country = CHI
	name = "EVENTNAME147063" #We have conquered Taiwan
	desc = "EVENTHIST147063"
	#-#The Emperor Kiangxi commented when his admiral Shi Lang received the surrender of Taiwan in 1683 that ''Taiwan is no bigger than a ball of mud. We gain nothing by possessing it, and it would be no loss if we did not acquire it.'' He wished to remove the Chinese settlers and abandon Taiwan because of the deep-seated traditional idea that China was bounded by the seas. But Shi Lang argued forcefully for Taiwan's inclusion in the Qing empire: The island could not be left to its own devices because it would be used by pirates or foreign powers, who were ''drooling'' over it. It was, moreover, a bounteous place: ''Fish and salt spout forth from the sea, the mountains are filled with dense forests of tall trees and thick bamboo, there are sulfur, rattan, sugarcane, deerskins, and all that is needed for daily living. Nothing is lacking... This is truly a bountifully fertile piece of land and a strategic territory.'' Thanks to Shi Lang's arguments, the Emperor decided to make Taiwan a prefecture attached to Fujian Province. For all that Taiwan was neglected by the Qing the settlers and natives were discontented. There were more than a hundred rebellions during the Qing Dynasty. The frequency of rebellions, riots, and civil strife in Qing Dynasty Taiwan is evoked by the common saying ''every three years an uprising, every five years a rebellion''.

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1652 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1699 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME147063A" #Incorporate Taiwan into China
		command = { type = [color=red]addcore[/color][color=yellow]addcore_claim[/color] which = 689 } #Taiwan
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 689 value = [color=red]15[/color][color=yellow]12[/color] }
		command = { type = trade value = 500 }
		command = { type = merchants value = 1 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME147063B" #We do not need any overseas entanglements
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = population which = 689 value = -3000 } #Taiwan
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 689 value = pagan }
	}
}

Treaty of Nerchinsk events

There are several events about the "Treaty of Nerchinsk" between China and Russia, historically it happend after the Manchu took over China and Russia reached the Amur river in east asia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Nerchinsk

Our events however have very strange triggers.
Not only do they have a start date of 1419 ( a date at which not even the greatest player could ever have China bordering Russia), in addition they have an offset of 1 meaning that the trigger of the events are checked EVERY DAY for hundreds of years gametime before they have a chance to fire the event and at a time when RUS does not even exist in the game as Muscovy can become RUS in 1480 earliest.

I suggest to move back the start date from 1419 to 1500 and to change the offset from 1 to 5. Identical change in event CHI 21651 and CHI 21652.

It could even be argued that the MING chinese would never have signed that treaty as it accepted Russia as an existing state not tributary to China (which was seen as the center and ruler of the whole world) and that only China under the Manchu would ever have agreed to such treaty - in that case the start date should be even later.

Code:
#(1419-1820) The Treaty of Nerchiinsk

#Version 1
event = {
	id = 21650
	trigger = {
		neighbour = RUS
		NOT = {
			exists = MCH
			war = { country = RUS country = CHI }
		}
		OR = {
			control = { province = 605 data = RUS } #Tchita
			control = { province = 606 data = RUS } #Kalakan
			control = { province = 607 data = RUS } #Sretensk
			control = { province = 608 data = RUS } #Kalar
			control = { province = 609 data = RUS } #Mogotcha
			control = { province = 610 data = RUS } #Djagdi
			control = { province = 611 data = RUS } #Chilka
		}
		NOT = {
			control = { province = 612 data = RUS } #Stanovoe
			control = { province = 613 data = RUS } #Baladok
			control = { province = 623 data = RUS } #Tchumkan
			control = { province = 631 data = RUS } #Ekimcan
			control = { province = 632 data = RUS } #Nerchiinsk
			control = { province = 1467 data = RUS } #Nagorje
			control = { province = 1468 data = RUS } #Khretset
			#
			control = { province = 614 data = RUS } #Djugdjur
			control = { province = 615 data = RUS } #Enkan
			control = { province = 616 data = RUS } #Okhotsk
			control = { province = 617 data = RUS } #Magadan
			control = { province = 624 data = RUS } #Amgoun
			control = { province = 627 data = RUS } #Sofiisk
			control = { province = 629 data = RUS } #Tchekunda
			control = { province = 630 data = RUS } #Boureia
			control = { province = 633 data = RUS } #Norsk
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = CHI
	name = "EVENTNAME21650" #Initiating the Treaty of Nerchiinsk
	desc = "EVENTHIST21650"
	#-#The Russians are sneaking into our borders with suspicious intents. Should we offer them a treaty to make clear our respective borders?

date = { [color=red]day = 1 month = january year = 1419[/color][color=yellow]year = 1500[/color] }
	offset = [color=red]1[/color][color=yellow]5[/color]
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME21650A" #Yes, we need to clarify the issue
		command = { type = trigger which = 3421 } #RUS: The Treaty of Nerchiinsk
		command = { type = relation which = -1 value = 50 }
		command = { type = diplomats value = -2 }
		command = { type = vp value = 20 }
		command = { type = DIP which = 2 value = 180 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21651 } #CHI: Initiating the Treaty of Nerchiinsk
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21652 } #CHI: Initiating the Treaty of Nerchiinsk
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME21650B" #No, it will be a waste of our efforts to deal with the untrustworthy Russians
		command = { type = relation which = RUS value = -100 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = RUS value = 100 }
		command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 60 }
		command = { type = vp value = -20 }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21651 } #CHI: Initiating the Treaty of Nerchiinsk
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21652 } #CHI: Initiating the Treaty of Nerchiinsk
	}
}

Religious tolerance sliders?

For test purposes I started a game as China in the 1520 scenario and noticed that they had +1 revoltrisk in every province when I looked at the revolt-map.
Looking in a province I saw that their religion gave them +RR instead of lowering RR.
Looking at the tolerance sliders for the different religions I found China tolerating EVERY religion middleground - even their own Confucianism.

That´s strange as China owns not a single christian, muslim or shinto province. Even lowering only Shinto to 0 removes the +1 RR in all confucian provinces.

Next I checked the tolerance sliders for the 1419 scenario and there they have the same situation. However in 1419 it´s not immediately obvious because they start with +3 stability and that lowers RR so that religion in the beginning does not matter.

As I know from the european states that they start with fitting religious tolerance sliders (e.g. Dauphine or Austria fully 10 tolerates catholicism in 1419) I wonder if that was intended? Or an oversight in the chinese settings?

Edit: It´s the same in the 1648 scenario - here too do the chinese tolerate all religions equally, even their own.

Edit: And the 1520 Manchu do the same - tolerating every religion equally even their own raising revoltrisk in their own provinces.

Last edited:
New script commands

As that is still beyond me - could someone with more understanding of the new script commands perhaps hint how to
combine events MCH 3700 and 221005 into one?

Both are practically identical except one assumes MCH is a vassal of CHI and the other doesn´t.

Wouldn´t it be possible to simply delete 221005 and have a B choice in event 3700 that is only valid if vassal of CHI while the A choice is only valid if not vassal of CHI?

like here?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ggers-list&p=10731877&viewfull=1#post10731877

Edit: Seems to be solved with post 39

Last edited:
And the next issue: The 1419 and the 1520 Manchu´s and the 1648 Manchu Chinese don´t have any core on "Jehol"/Tongliao province 645 (the only Mongol province of our Manchuria state).

I suggest to give the Manchu a core when they "assimilate" their mongol allies.

And I suggest to change the cityname from Tongliao to Bayisingtu at the start of the 1419 scenario:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongliao

Change in
\FortheGlory\mods\AGCEEP\Localisation\English
file
provinces.txt
Code:
CITY_Jehol;[color=red]Tongliao[/color][color=yellow]Bayisingtu[/color];x

Last edited:
Is there a typo in the province ID of this event?
The population of Henan (1564 province) is reduced THREE times - and the third time Anhui is mentioned as remark. Should that have been province 654 Anhui instead? Is the 2nd Henen reduction perhaps meant for HUNAN 1565?

Code:
#(1637) Disasters and taxes
event = {
	id = 147139
	random = no
	country = CHI
	name = "EVENTNAME147139" #Disasters and taxes
	desc = "EVENTHIST147139"
	#-#From 1637, many nature disasters hit China one after another. They included famine, drought, locust, earthquake, plague and so on. The rule of Wei has washed the moral away. To survive, people began to eat other people. With the three taxes Chongzhen gathered, most people had no choice but to revolt.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1637 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1637 }

action_a = {
		name = "OH_NO"
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = population which = 649 value = -10000 } #Hebei
		command = { type = population which = 650 value = -5000 } #Shandong
		command = { type = population which = 1564 value = -5000 } #Henan
		command = { type = population which = 1564 value = -5000 } #Henan
		command = { type = population which = [color=red]1564[/color][color=yellow]654[/color] value = -5000 } #Anhui
		command = { type = population which = -1 value = -2000 }
	}
}

Leader too cheap?

In this event:
Code:
#(1652-1656) Bribe Koxinga
#by sturmvogel
event = {
	id = 147060
	trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = SMI }
		monarch = 032015 #Shunzhi
	}
	random = no
	country = CHI
	name = "EVENTNAME147060" #Bribe Koxinga
	desc = "EVENTHIST147060"
	#-#Zheng Chenggong, known as Koxinga in the West from his title of Guoxingye (Lord of the Imperial Surname), which was pronounced ''Kok seng ia'' in southern Fujianese, was the remnant Ming dynasty's best commander. Is it worth trying to bribe him into our service, Lord?

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1652 }
	offset = 500
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1655 }

action_a = {
		name = "YES"
		command = { type = treasury value = -50 }
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 032315 } #Koxinga
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 147061 } #CHI: The Coastal Evacuation
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "NO"
		command = { }
	}
}

the leader is bribed for 50 gold.
The follow-up event if he is not hired costs either 500 gold or a permanent steep reduction in province taxes.
Isn´t 50 far too cheap to save yourself the follow-up event? Perhaps double the cost?

Merging events

The assimilation of the mongols events are different only by the trigger if MCH is a vassal of CHI or not.

Could they be merged using the new triggers for actions like this?

Code:
event = {
	id = 3700
	trigger = {
		exists = CHI
		  }
	random = no
	country = MCH
	desc = "EVENTHIST3700"

offset = 120

action = {
		[color=yellow]trigger = {
			   }[/color]
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 645 } #Johol
		command = { type = cityname which = 645 value = "Tongliao" }
		[color=red]command = { type = sleepevent which = 221005 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -II-[/color]
		}
	action = {
			   }[/color]
		[color=red]command = { type = sleepevent which = 3700 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -I-[/color]
		}
	}

Edit: Game loads without problems and if manually triggered only the first action is shown - seems to work.

Event 221005 then could be deleted in the next version.

Edit: Removed sleepevent commands that now are superfluous.

Last edited:
The assimilation of the mongols events are different only by the trigger if MCH is a vassal of CHI or not.

Could they be merged using the new triggers for actions like this?

Code:
event = {
	id = 3700
	trigger = {
		exists = CHI
		  }
	random = no
	country = MCH
	desc = "EVENTHIST3700"

offset = 120

action = {
			   }[/color]
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 221005 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -II-
		}
	action = {
			   }[/color]
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3700 } #MCH: The Eastern Mongols Assimilated -I-
		}
	}

Edit: Game loads without problems and if manually triggered only the first action is shown - seems to work.

Event 221005 then could be deleted in the next version.

Yes. there are many of these events in agceep (for example ENG and SCO) as the old code didn't let something else.

What about having CHI vassal of MCH? Should the event also represent it even if it is difficult it could ever happen?