• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't understand the proposed change for LUX_213001 and LUX_213002. Trigger of each event is exclusive. There is no need to wait for them to fire. The OR condition in LUX_213001 will apply if only one province is owned and the trigger of LUX_213002 if none of them.

No problem for the extended deathdate of HAU_182003 if provinces are not owned in 1427.

Last edited:
I don't understand the proposed change for LUX_213001 and LUX_213002. Trigger of each event is exclusive. There is no need to wait for them to fire.

i have recently seen in the last 2 beta, that they did not fire , holland was owner or controlled by FRI and artois by HAU or ENG

I don't understand the proposed change for LUX_213001 and LUX_213002. Trigger of each event is exclusive. There is no need to wait for them to fire.

i have recently seen in the last 2 beta, that they did not fire , holland was owner or controlled by FRI and artois by HAU or ENG

what about if they are controlled by other states

I still don't understand. For the LUX events, LUX_213002 should fire in this case.

EDIT: IIRC, if provinces are controlled by another country, country that is mentioned in the secedeprovince commands will still become the owner (and controller). These are secedeprovince commands, not country inheritance.

i agree, but my post 1127 in which BUR capital was in bruges (flandern) by 1425 was historical, adding an action B or whatever is fine with me.
Propose and try to keep in account my remark in the other thread about the coice for Burgundy for this event and the original Burgundian Capital event.

other question I had was.............should BUR get dutch culture prior to 1419 regardless..........but then this would take the fun from a player to make a choice. as he would always start with BUR and try to become FRA
Right, Burgundy (a player) should have to make the choice.

I just do not know what commands should be for an action B for new event 137083
No idea for now...

I still don't understand. For the LUX events, LUX_213002 should fire in this case.

EDIT: IIRC, if provinces are controlled by another country, country that is mentioned in the secedeprovince commands will still become the owner (and controller). These are secedeprovince commands, not country inheritance.

213002 I have never seen fire for a very long time, ie HUN nevers gets ansbach

so , the event which sometimes fires is the other

usually FRI either owner or usually control holland and artois, is between ENG, HAU and BUR or rebel contolled ( actually mostly rebel controlled)

So the event has only one chance to fire...........are you saying that controlled provinces still count as if LUX own them ?

are you saying that controlled provinces still count as if LUX own them ?
Yes, if one of the provinces is owned, even if not controlled, province will be ceded. Very frustrating for the controller if not at war against the new owner.

Do you have a savefile with such situation before the date of the event?

Last edited:

so in 213001 if FRI contol holland , and the event fires , FRI gets to keep holland ??

Confused. I just wonder why sometimes FRI own holland , why ENG own artois ?

Your EDIT comment ..........country that is mentioned in the secedeprovince commands will still become the owner , but other countires other that those mentioned in the commands in action a.
This confuses me

Yes, if one of the provinces is owned, even if not controlled, province will be ceded. Very frustrating for the controller if not at war against the new owner.

aaahh ok, understand.............i will check this out

Do you have a savefile with such situation before the date of the event?

i only have this which i kept in another format

name = "December 20, 1424 : Foix is now granting Brabant military access to their country."
name = "January 1, 1425 : Richard II rose to the throne in Ulster."
name = "January 1, 1425 : Blanka I.a rose to the throne in Navarre."
name = "January 1, 1425 : Baraq rose to the throne in Golden Horde."
name = "January 2, 1425 : §YCyprus had The Piracy from Cyprus."
name = "January 6, 1425 : §YLuxemburg had Death of Jan the Merciless."
name = "January 7, 1425 : §YHungary went with §WGrant Straubing to Habsburg§Y in Death of Johann of Bavaria-Straubing."
name = "January 7, 1425 : §YAustria went with §WAccept Straubing and fight for it§Y in Bavaria-Straubing is granted to "
name = "Habsburg."
name = "January 7, 1425 : §YBavaria went with §WOppose the Habsburgs and Sigismund§Y in Bavaria-Straubing is granted to "
name = "Habsburg."
name = "January 12, 1425 : Poland entered a Royal Marriage with Moldavia."
name = "January 16, 1425 : §YMilan went with §WWe have lost confidence on him§Y in Carmagnola's Threat."
name = "January 26, 1425 : §YVenice went with §WAccept Carmagnola's Offer§Y in Carmagnola."
name = "January 30, 1425 : §YStyria had Change of regent."
name = "January 30, 1425 : Hermann II von Cilli rose to the throne in Styria."
name = "February 1, 1425 : §YSerbia had Stefan Lazarevic."
name = "February 7, 1425 : Vasily II rose to the throne in Muscovy."
name = "February 13, 1425 : Luxemburg accepted peace with Brabant on the following terms: Full Annexation of "
name = "Luxemburg by Brabant."

while a normal file for this indicates which choices LUX made

name = "November 11, 1424 : Luxemburg entered a Military Alliance with Burgundy and Brabant."
name = "January 1, 1425 : Blanka I.a rose to the throne in Navarre."
name = "January 1, 1425 : Richard II rose to the throne in Ulster."
name = "January 2, 1425 : §YCyprus had The Piracy from Cyprus."
name = "January 6, 1425 : §YLuxemburg went with §WHonour the agreement with Burgundy§Y in Death of Jan the Merciless."
name = "January 6, 1425 : §YBurgundy had The Dutch Wittelsbach possessions."
name = "January 7, 1425 : §YHungary went with §WGrant Straubing to the Bavarian Wittelsbachs§Y in Death of Johann of "
name = "Bavaria-Straubing."
name = "January 7, 1425 : §YBavaria had Inheritance of Bavaria-Straubing."
name = "January 16, 1425 : §YMilan went with §WWe have lost confidence on him§Y in Carmagnola's Threat."
name = "January 23, 1425 : §YStyria had Change of regent."
name = "January 23, 1425 : Hermann II von Cilli rose to the throne in Styria."
name = "January 26, 1425 : §YVenice went with §WAccept Carmagnola's Offer§Y in Carmagnola."
name = "February 7, 1425 : Vasily II rose to the throne in Muscovy."

so the bottom ( current game) indicates which choice LUX made , while the top "notes" said the event fired , but no choice was made

maybe as the top notes indicated, LUX was annexed in a month by HAU

Which event is marked as happened in the events section of the savefile?

You should find 213002 in the first one (only action_a => no action marked in the log because of no possible choice) and 213001 in the second one (action_a was chosen and not action_b).

For the first game, it means Holland and Artois were not owned (I suppose Burgundy was on the map).
Holland or Artois were owned for the second one.

Last edited:

??

You should find 213002 in the first one (only action_a => no action marked in the log because of no possible choice)

which, unless i am wrong then this event would not fire if it had a deathdate.
and so what happened was that the event fire with no choice made.

For the first game, it means Holland and Artois were not owned (I suppose Burgundy was on the map).
yes, BUR was on map

would a deathdate make a difference ??

The happened events section of the savefile is "history = { <list of ids> }".

No, even with a deathdate, the first event with all conditions set to true will fire first. If Holland and Artois are not owned at startdate, 213002 will have the best chance from far to fire first. With some luck, in this case with a deathdate and during 213002 offset, if one of the provinces is gained, 213001 will have a chance but it will be very rare.
OTOH, if all provinces are lost during 213001 offset, 213002 will apply...

A deathdate would almost make no difference but, in this case, we have to ensure LUX_213001 will sleep LUX_213002 and vice versa. Only one event can fire. Currently, they just happen the same day and are exclusive for this reason. With a deathdate, they have to be modified.

Last edited:

You should find 213002 in the first one (only action_a => no action marked in the log because of no possible choice) and 213001 in the second one (action_a was chosen and not action_b).

Holland or Artois were owned for the second one.

The happened events section of the savefile is "history = { <list of ids> }".

No, even with a deathdate, the first event with all conditions set to true will fire first. If Holland and Artois are not owned at startdate, 213002 will have the best chance from far to fire first. With some luck, in this case with a deathdate and during 213002 offset, if one of the provinces is gained, 213001 will have a chance but it will be very rare.
OTOH, if all provinces are lost during 213001 offset, 213002 will apply...

A deathdate would almost make no difference but, in this case, we have to ensure LUX_213001 will sleep LUX_213002 and vice versa. Only one event can fire. Currently, they just happen the same day and are exclusive for this reason. With a deathdate, they have to be modified.

ok, we will leave it as it stands and monitor these in future, seems like a rare occurence

what about this as a revamped event without the capital move

Code:
#(1425-1430) The Flemish Arts
event = {
id = 137083
trigger = {
owned = { province = 380 data = -1 } #Flanders
control = { province = 380 data = -1 } #Flanders
}
random = no
country = BUR
name = "EVENTNAME137083" #The Flemish Arts
desc = "EVENTHIST137083"
#-#The precursors of the Flemish school of arts were located in Dijon, the first capital of the dukes of Burgundy, who established a powerful Flemish-Burgundian political alliance that lasted from 1363 to 1482. Philip III (the Good)  in 1425 hired Jan van Eyck as his painter. The next generation of artists built on van Eyck's heritage and, toward the end of the 15th century, began looking to Italy for pictorial inspiration. Rogier van der Weyden, Petrus Christus, Dirck Bouts, Hugo van der Goes, Hans Memling, and Gerard David brought innovation, but little of their work compared to van Eyck's artistic vision. 

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1425 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1429 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME137083A" #Bruges. artistic capital of the north
command = { type = add_countryculture which = dutch }
command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 1 } #Jan van Eyck
}

Only problem is Burgundy will get Dutch culture for sure if Flandern province is owned and a player could become France and keep Dutch culture. In this case, shouldn't we remove Dutch culture (as safety) in events where Burgundy becomes France?

Only problem is Burgundy will get Dutch culture for sure if Flandern province is owned and a player could become France and keep Dutch culture. In this case, shouldn't we remove Dutch culture (as safety) in events where Burgundy becomes France?

we can remove the dutch culture for FRA which came via BUR when the Netherlands appear, this also fits the french association with GEL in the 16th century

I'm playing Burgundy and I noticed some odd thing. The English were beaten by the French (well, Provence mostly), but France was not created because I got Champagne and kept Dauphine out of it (Ile de France was owned by Provence). My goal was to inherit Spain later through the marriage of Mary and Maximillian.

Only, that never happened. I noticed two marriage events: one with an existing France (you lose the French provinces to them and later you can marry Maximillian) or the English win the HYW and you can marry Maximillian.

But in my case no event. Still, Phillippe le Beau sits on the Burgundian throne. How did he get there if Mary did not marry? :)

Was this an oversight or a choice? I'm just curious. Thanks for any reply!

Welcome!

There is no France in your game but Dauphiné is still here and you can't be crowned king of France. Something is unfinished (especially by you as Burgundian kingmaker) and situation is blockaded. In this case, History applies when possible but not necessarily with events. Wedding was without choice for the player... (who is not the ruler).

Well, I got the option to become King of France, but my goal was playing Burgundy right, so there would be something left when Charles V comes along. In most games Burgundy gets chopped up (especially when I play Castille/Spain), so I wanted to try the other way around.

Talking (a)historically, if France was divided between its various nobles and Charles the Rash died suddenly, wouldn't the same pattern prevail? Mary of Burgundy looking for a wedding candidate that can protect the duchy (in my case Maximillian of Austria). And so Charles will inherit later.