• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Twoflower

Vile treacherous Judas
88 Badges
Nov 7, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
Since the feature was implemented when AGC had already more or less fallen asleep and the EEP was focussed on compiling 1.4 and then doing the merger, the potential of the ai switching command is still far from exploited in either mod or the merger. Some PAI files were implemented, and there have been efforts to make it compatible with Daywalker's mod, but nobody has really tried to use the feature for improving the performance of AI countries. Several countries, but especially the historical colonizers and large conquerors, would be likely to behave more historically and perform better if AI files were created intended to make them do and accomplish certain things at certain times. The concept of personality AIs was nice, but had certain flaws - it was in no way sensitive to the game situation, so that e.g. Frederick the Great or Suleyman the Magnificent will be ruthless warmongers no matter if their country is a strong power or a weak one-provincer, and it was not effective in making the AI accomplish results. For example, it is crucial for the Ottoman Empire to conquer Byzantium and the Mameluk Empire, and at a certain point it should be entirely focussed on doing that before it tries to do anything else; Mehmed II has so many other countries on his war list that he often gets lost fighting them and takes out Byzantium late or sometimes even never, Selim the Grim has a really short reign which is hardly ever long enough for subjugating the Mameluks, and his successor Suleyman again has a large war list that usually distracts him.
The purpose of this thread is to discuss and script AI files with a focus on the effect they have on the respective country's behaviour, i.e. attempt to make the AI reach certain goals. This would be most useful and necessary for two types of nations:
1. Conquerors, like the Ottoman Empire, Russia, the Mughals or Persia. For these there are some crucial provinces that they need to conquer or countries they need to annex at a certain time. By more determined AI files (and also some additional events, like something for the Russian annexation of Sibir) these countries should be enabled to gain these conquests and perform historically in most games (occasionally they should of course still fail, but this will happen anyway)
2. Colonizers; England, France, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Brandenburg and Kurland. The goal for these is to make their colonization roughly historical (i.e. don't let it start too early, let them colonize the right places at the right time), more effective and also sensitive to the situation (which would mean e.g. that England will not bother going to Australia or elsewhere before it has gained a solid foothold in North America, and especially that countries like Brandenburg or Sweden will not stop to colonize if they, unlike their historical equivalents, have managed to build up a profitable colonial empire).
What do you think about the idea? Hope I was somewhat clear on what I want to do :)

Great idea Twoflower, and good to see a thread devoted to it.

I've rabitted on about France, England and the Dutch for some time now. So here's a suggestion for France's early 17th century file. Changes are bolded. I would recommend some 'preffered areas' in Africa be eliminated and re-inserted later on.

region = { "North America" Carribean "West Africa" India }
area = { Quebec Acadie Antilles Haiti "Grand Lacs" Carnatic "The Mascarenes" Senegal Louisiane "Hudson Bay" Illinois Guiana Seychelles Madagascar Congo Cameroon Ivory Gabon}

# The amount of provinces we try to colonize at the same time
expansion = 10 #from 5

# % of the time we prefer to establish a tradingpost if both are good.
tradingpost = 50
neighbour = 25 #from 10
enemies = 0
traders = 50 #from 40
monopoly = 75 #from 40
war = 50 #from 75
ferocity = no

combat = { BRI PRO ORL BOU PRO AUV FPR FUC QUE ENG BGL MAH MOG VIJ MYS DLH GUJ ORI JAI HYD ASS DAI CAM CHA HAI ANN LUA VIE}

conquer = {
enemy = 3.0
supply = 0.2
distance = 4.0
owner = 1.5
notsupply = 2.0
base = 4.0
}
garrison = {
fortress = 1.0
strategic = 3.0
size = 1.0
supply = 2.0
war = 5.0
}

comments are welcome. I'll dig up the event that generates this ai file for France and post it later on.

I'd like to see basic colonial ai's for every country, subject to certain triggers - it seems illogical that any nation in the colonial region of Europe (i.e. The west coast) which isn't one of the nations which in our history came to dominate, wouldn't be able to adopt a colonial stance...

e.g. Navarra takes several provinces from England after allying with France in the HYW... At 1540 an event requiring a country size of 6 triggers which gives an ai Navarra a more colonial approach, and a Baque commune in America flourishes.

China has already been made AI switching compatable because of the claim for the throne sequence. For the overall policy that will be done in the next version. Japan will also use this with the closure of the ports in the next version.

As you know I agree with you totally on this this Twoflower. AI:s that are sensitive to the game situation is really the way to go. We could still use PAI's, but if something goes out of hand, like Byzantine Empire exists too late for the OE, an 'emergence AI should kick in and try to remedy it, then switch back to PAI.

I think NeilJT's idea has some merit too, later in the game some ahistorically big and naval oriented states in Western Europe should try to colonise, like Navarra, Scotland, Brittany. They all have colonising neighbours and one could argue that they would have folllowed eventually.

Last edited:
I think NeilJT's idea has some merit too, later in the game some ahistorically big and naval oriented states in Western Europe should try to colonise, like Navarra, Scotland, Bretagne. They all have colonising neighbours and one could argue that they would have folllowed eventually.

Yes, this is an idea that will improve both realism and game balance (since it will not be possible to eliminate colonial competition by taking down the historical colonizers; other AI countries would just fill their spot). The question is just which countries should be eligible for that and which areas they should colonize. Perhaps there should be a few different minor state colonial AIs with similar colonial priorities to the historical colonizers close to them:
  • Anglo-Celtic: for Scotland, Eire, Wales, Brittany, Royalists and Puritans; colonizes Canada, the American East Coast, Australia and New Zealand - of course it would be particularly nice to see Scotland in Nova Scotia, Wales in New South Wales and Brittany in Cape Breton Island ;)
  • French: for Huguenots, Catholic League, Provence, Foix and Dauphiné; colonizes Canada, West Africa, Caribbean islands
  • Iberian: for Navarra, Aragon and Catalonia; colonizes South America, Central America, California, Caribbean islands and East Africa
  • Dutch: for Friesland, Gelderland, Holland, Brabant, Flandern, Luxembourg and Burgundy; colonizes South Africa, East Africa, Indonesia, Northern South America

I dunno about all that...some of them are just too small and aren't really colonial-centered. Navarra for example I can't see them and more than a Granada that survives (non-fantasy Granada here)...

Norrefeldt said:
As you know I agree with you totally on this this Twoflower. AI:s that are sensitive to the game situation is really the way to go. We could still use PAI's, but if something goes out of hand, like Byzantine Empire exists too late for the OE, an 'emergence AI should kick in and try to remedy it, then switch back to PAI.
I don't think we should continue to use PAI's just because we have...i think testing with other modified AIs should be done as well.

Twoflower said:
Yes, this is an idea that will improve both realism and game balance (since it will not be possible to eliminate colonial competition by taking down the historical colonizers; other AI countries would just fill their spot). The question is just which countries should be eligible for that and which areas they should colonize. Perhaps there should be a few different minor state colonial AIs with similar colonial priorities to the historical colonizers close to them:
  • Iberian: for Navarra, Aragon and Catalonia; colonizes South America, Central America, California, Caribbean islands and East Africa

Maybe you could add Granada to the list.

I also wonder if there isn't room for some German, and to a lesser extent, Italian colonization. I'd tie German colonialism to having a North Sea port and a certain country size, and Italian colonization to a fragmented Iberia/North Africa (i.e., they don't get blocked into the Med). The German claims should overlap the French and English claims in North America. The Italian claims would tend towards Africa and the West Indies.

Alexandre

I'd suggest also:

Scandinavian: for Denmark, Norway, Sweeden.
Isolated Island (St. Helena, etc) Eastern Canada and New Zealand (for the similar cliamate and fishing / whaling rights). High tendency to building trading posts (60-70%)

Trading: for Venice, Genoa (and maybe certain german / independent dutch states, esp. Meckelburg, Flanders)
Colonises the same areas as the dutch profile, but v. high tendency to place trading poasts (80-90%).

and how about:

[Western] Muslim: for resurgent Grenada, Morocco, Fez, Algiers
All of Africa, Asia, Indonesia, especially those areas historicaly converted to Islam.

Most of the Europeans should go after the Caribbean islands. (Except the Spanish of course) The Danes did set up a sucessful colony there after all. And the Dutch should certainly have that profile, as they were basically the first to set up a colony in the region (Curacao I think), and had sucessful colonies on a more than a half dozen islands.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, Cape Breton was named that way because Jaques Cartier, who discovered it, sailed out of St Malo with a Breton crew. The Bretons and the Basques were a huge part of the fishing fleets in the Grand Banks, off Newfoundland. If those had really been settled in the 16th century I suspect both Spain and France would have had something to say about it.

By the way, if you want to make new AI files, DO NOT use the vanilla AI as a baseline! The AI files that are the most fleshed out are, to be honest, Daywalker's, as they are designed for performance.

The PAI is designed to give the AI 'Personality' thus it's name. This means certain monarchs will do crazy or stupid things, intentionally.

Personally, I think there's a future in merging both philosophies to a small extent. IE Daywalker's AI as a base, and give that base a personality for certain monarchs.

That is my opinion also. Daywalkers will still haveto be modified as he made his work specifically for his mod which can at times result in unhistoric situations in non-Daywalker mods.

(Except the Spanish of course) The Danes did set up a sucessful colony there after all. And the Dutch should certainly have that profile, as they were basically the first to set up a colony in the region (Curacao I think), and had sucessful colonies on a more than a half dozen islands.
Except the Spanish? how so it's where they initially landed and they had extencive colonies there, by the treaty of Tordesilias the Caribian belonged to them after all.
The Dutch were certainly not the first to settle there, in fact lack of settlements was a major problem during the first years of the West Indies Companie, though a problem which was remedied.

Isaac Brock said:
Most of the Europeans should go after the Caribbean islands.

Basically u can take two stands, either the ai of a particular nation should mainly play "historically" or it should play "opportunistic"! - Personally I believe that the most "realistic" game will be if the AIs play somewhat realistically...that is any AI nations which decides "hey, lets get some colonies!" would want a part of the caribian if they could get it...likewise if Spain hadnt taken out the Aztecs Im sure somebody else would have!! Ofcause there are cultural differences as to how attractive the various provinces would be deemed to be, but EVERYONE valued money and in the 16th & 17th century the easiest money was found in central america, the caribian and then in the far east...in more or less that order...basically what Im saying is that there could never exist a void, if England or Spain had been clippled somebody else would have filled their space!

Here are my changes fr the danish ai, i only changed a few things about colonization, but a lot of Changes about war. (I just made changes in the numbers, and then copy pasted.)

#
# Europa Universalis.
#
#
# Danish AI
#
#
# Henrik Fåhraeus 01-10-2001

# preferred areas for expansion

region = { Scandinavia Carribean "West Africa" }
area = { Greenland Antilles }

# The amount of provinces we try to colonize at the same time
expansion = 1

# % of the time we prefer to establish a tradingpost if both are good.
tradingpost = 60
# Bonus for areas to establish colonies adjacent to previous ones.
neighbour = 0

# Bonus/Penalty for establish colonies adjacent to other countries.
enemies = 0

# 100 = max trader rate, lesser means slower focus on sending a trader.
traders = 100

# 100 = Total monopolist, will refuse trade as much as possible.
monopoly = 25

# 100 = Total warmonger, 0 = absolute pacifist
war = 60
ferocity = no

# Which countries to conquer if possible. (to guide nation historically)
combat = { NOR SWE SHL PRU }

#How important is it to gather troops close to base
base = 0.1
#How important is it to be as close to target position when gathering troops.
front = 5.0

#Evaluation factors for conquer plans
conquer =
{
# multiply enemy province value
enemy = 5.0
# multiplying supply factor
supply = 0.1
# factor for distance to not owner provinces
distance = 2.0
# factor for owned provines
owner = 3.5
# Multiplier for provinces not in supply.
notsupply = 1.0
# Multiplying the base constant for conquer.
base = 4.0
}

# Modifiers for garrison plans
garrison =
{
fortress = 1.0
strategic = 3.0
size = 1.0
supply = 2.0
war = 5.0
}

I believe the Portuguese ai works well, yes.

However, the performance can be improved quite a lot fairly simply without worrying about 'switching' for the smaller, peaceful, non coloniser countries because the original paradox 'peaceful.ai' being used is not very good.

Here are changes I've made, some of which I think are 'no brainers' and others more controversial (I've said where) which seem to improve things :-

1) Modify 'peaceful.ai' to have war=0 and base=0.0 (under conquer) as a minimum. I would also set front=5.0, supply=0.1 and notsupply=0.1 (under conquer). More controversially, I am experimenting with a very high owner= and multiply enemy province value= based on the BOH_Hussite.ai which should make them only want to defend and if they do attack only go for very rich provinces. This is experimental, so I would hesitate in making this change at the moment (particularly as the likes of Burgundy has peaceful.ai) but the others are 'nobrainers' I think.

2) Add this 'peaceful.ai' to Hanover (HAN), Saxony (SAC), Norway (NOR) and Scotland (SCO). I think Hanover and Norway are 'no brainers' - although there may be a reason Hanover doesn't have it at the moment it helps keep the HRE quiet. Norway will stop dragging the Kalmar Union into early wars with Novgorod. Saxony switches to PAI when Meisen inherits it but not before so is probably a 'no brainer' too. Scotland is more controversial I suppose, but I wanted to avoid it getting involved in wars against Eire early and try to boost its defense against England. There are many others that could be considered - Albania, Wallachia, Morea, Byzantium, Athens but for now I've left it at those.

3) Make a second 'peaceful.ai' the same as the above, except with Counter-reformed=yes for the peaceful Southern European states. Some who have it are Naples (NAP, not sure), Navarra (NAV, seems sensible), Modena (PAR, seems sensible), Siena (PIS, seems sensible) and Provence (PRO, not sure at all if this would become CRC if still around by the reformation - Brittany gets the normal 'peaceful' one for example). Others are Savoy (SAV, once again not sure if would become CRC), Tuscany (TOS, seems sensible), Eire (EIR, too try to avoid early conflicts with Scotland) and Foix (U17, seems sensible). I left off Milan (MLO) because I thought they got involved in more wars and should stay on default but as the aim is to keep Italian states independant for longer they could also be included. I also left off the Papal states because I thought they should stay more aggressive (that's also why I'm not sure about Naples). On the other hand, it could be argued this should just be made the 'papal' ai and given to these other states. For Tuscany (TOS) and Siena (PIS) this involves moving their .inc files to the AGCEEP directory and adding the reference to the scenario file, as they're currently unmodified at start.

4) Change DAN_Erik VII to be less aggressive to stop him attacking Holstein early on : set War=0 and Base=0.0 (under conquer). This could be done for the following two monarchs who also only have Norway and Sweden on their hitlist (Christoffer and Christian I - DAN_ChristofferIII.ai and DAN-Christian I.ai) up until Hans I (DAN_Hans.ai). Frederick III and Christian V can also be added and the events put in to AGCEEP_Specific_Denmark.eue as these were done for the PAI and as it already uses the others.

Just a few changes which help things along a bit in my opinion.

Last edited:
Bodders said:
I believe the Portuguese ai works well, yes.
It does work in the sense that everything defined in it is basically right, however it is far from being as effective as it should. On the one hand, this is due to the general flaw of the PAI concept of just trying to let the country do everything the monarch did historically instead of focussing on making the country achieve certain things it needs to achieve, on the other (and much more importantly) because Portuguese colonization needs more than just AI files. They cannot gain their historical conquests in East Africa, Arabia and India, most notably the CoTs in Zanzibar, Mascate, Goa and Malacca, without some events to promote this. There are events for Goa and Malacca, however Goa can hardly be taken before Portugal has some sort of a base in the Indian ocean, and Malacca happens is triggered on the conquest of Goa. The AGC's Indian ocean event, that helped Portugal get Zanzibar and Mascate, unfortunately were not included in the merger yet.

3) Make a second 'peaceful.ai' the same as the above, except with Counter-reformed=yes for the peaceful Southern European states. Some who have it are Naples (NAP, not sure), Navarra (NAV, seems sensible), Modena (PAR, seems sensible), Siena (PIS, seems sensible) and Provence (PRO, not sure at all if this would become CRC if still around by the reformation - Brittany gets the normal 'peaceful' one for example). Others are Savoy (SAV, once again not sure if would become CRC), Tuscany (TOS, seems sensible), Eire (EIR, too try to avoid early conflicts with Scotland) and Foix (U17, seems sensible). I left off Milan (MLO) because I thought they got involved in more wars and should stay on default but as the aim is to keep Italian states independant for longer they could also be included. I also left off the Papal states because I thought they should stay more aggressive (that's also why I'm not sure about Naples). On the other hand, it could be argued this should just be made the 'papal' ai and given to these other states. For Tuscany (TOS) and Siena (PIS) this involves moving their .inc files to the AGCEEP directory and adding the reference to the scenario file, as they're currently unmodified at start.
Navarra and Foix were reformed, and Savoy was not exactly close to the counterreformation. These should just get the standard peaceful AI.

These are the AGC's Indian ocean events I'm talking about btw:
Code:
#Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean#
# By Guinnessmonkey and the AGC: Persia & neighbours Team
event = {
	id = 3268
	trigger = {
		naval = 4
		countrysize = 8
		OR = {
			discovered = 1186 #Zanzibar Strait
			discovered = 1189 #Central Indian Ocean (just east of above)
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean"
	desc = "Soon after rounding the Cape of Good Hope the Portuguese began a policy of subjugating the peoples of East Africa and dominating the ancient Swahili trade routes to India and the Persian Gulf.  This would be the first step towards redirecting the spice trade out of Arab hands and into Portuguese pockets."
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1460 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1820 }

action_a = {		#Forcefully control spice trade#
		name = "Forcefully control spice trade"
		command = { type = gainbuilding which = 441 value = shipyard }
		command = { type = relation  which = TUR  value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation  which = ZAN  value = -400 }
		command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = -150 }
		command = { type = domestic  which = MERCANTILISM  value = 1 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 765 } #Zanzibar
		command = { type = addcore which = 504 } #Mascate
	}

action_b = {		#Negotiate trading rights#
		name = "Negotiate trading rights"
		command = { type = gainbuilding which = 441 value = shipyard }
		command = { type = relation  which = ZAN  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = TUR  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = VEN  value = 50 }
		command = { type = domestic  which = MERCANTILISM  value = -2 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21721 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21725 }
	}
}

#Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean, part 2#
event = {
	id = 21722
	trigger = {
		naval = 5
		countrysize = 12
		OR = {
			discovered = 1063 #Strait of Ormuz
			discovered = 1065 #Mascate Coast
			discovered = 1066 #Gulf of Indus
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "The taking of Hormouz"
	desc = "When the Portuguese had settled themselves in India they started a blockade and privateer campaign against Arab shipping in the Oman Sea, effectively stopping trade and cutting off the spice supplies to Alexandria, where Venetian tradesmen used to buy these prized exotic goods. This prompted a reaction from the Caliph of Cairo, who decided to send a fleet partly built with Venetian help in Suez, which met the Portuguese squadron under Albuquerque off the Indian port of Diu in 1508. Portuguese caravel cannons and seamanship soundly defeated the Caliphs fleet and the Spice trade was more than ever in the hands of the Lusitanian."
	#Shouldn't that be "Portuguese caravels' cannons? -Korath
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1470 }
	offset = 60

action_a = {		#Cut off trade#
		name = "Attempt to cut off the Persian Gulf"
		command = { type = relation  which = OMA  value = -300 }
		command = { type = relation  which = TUR  value = -75 }
		command = { type = relation  which = MAM  value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = -150 }
		command = { type = domestic  which = MERCANTILISM  value = 1 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 765 }#Zanzibar
		command = { type = addcore which = 504 }#Mascate
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }

}

action_b = {		#Peace#
		name = "Negotiate trading rights with Arab states"
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = relation  which = OMA  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = TUR  value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation  which = GUJ  value = 50 }
		command = { type = domestic  which = MERCANTILISM  value = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21723 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 21726 }
	}
}

#Fall of Oman#
event = {
	id = 21724	#Triggered by Oman 21723/21726
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "The Fall of Hormouz"
	desc = "The fall of Hormouz to Portuguese forces in 1507 would start a century and a half of Portuguese control over Oman.  The Omani Sultan agreed to pay tribute to Portugal and give them control over the lucrative Indian Ocean spice trade."
	style = 2
	action_a = {		#Victory#
		name = "Oman must pay tribute"
		command = { type = vassal which = OMA } 
	}
	action_b = {		#Keep going#
		name = "We must destroy them utterly"
		command = { type = war which = OMA } 
	}
}

#Conquistador on Zanzibar for Portugal
event = {
	id = 21727	#Triggered by Zanj 21721/21725
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "Zanzibar is ours!"
	desc = "With the fall of Zanzibar the rich trade routes of the eastern Indian Ocean are ours."
	style = 2
	action_a = { #Excellent
		name ="Excellent"
		command = { type = conquistador   which = 765 } 
	}
}
#Oman loses to Portugal#
event = {
	id = 21723
	trigger = {
		event = 100027 # Option: PortugalIndianOcean
		event = 21722
		NOT = {  naval = 5 }
		NOT = {  countrysize = 14 }
	}
	random = no
	country = OMA
	name = "The Fall of Hormouz and Mascate"
	desc = "The Portuguese are attempting to cut off trade throught the Strait of Hormouz.  We have little chance of success against the Portuguese caravel cannons.  The strait and Mascate itself seem certain to fall now.  Perhaps an offer of tribute could put this war at an end?"
	#Shouldn't that be "the Portuguese caravels' cannons? -Korath
	style = 2
	offset = 120

action_a = {		#Crap#
		name = "Give tribute to the Portuguese"
		command = { type = trigger which = 21724 }

}
	action_b = {		#Round 2: Fight! #
		name = "Let the Persian Gulf be slick with Christian blood"
		command = { type = relation  which = POR value = -200 }
		command = { type = domestic  which = MERCANTILISM  value = 2 }
		command = { type = war  which = POR }

}
}

#Oman loses to Portugal Reversed order#
event = {
	id = 21726
	trigger = {
		event = 100027 # Option: PortugalIndianOcean
		event = 21722
		OR = {
			naval = 5
			countrysize = 14 
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = OMA
	name = "Conflict in the Indian Ocean"
	desc = "The Portuguese are attempting to cut off trade throught the Strait of Hormouz.  If they succeed in cutting off Hormouz, trade through the Persian Gulf and along to India will be under their control. An offer of tribute could put this war at an end, but victory may be within our reach."
	#Shouldn't that be "the Portuguese caravels' cannons? -Korath
	style = 2
	offset = 120

action_a = {		#Round 2: Fight! #
		name = "Let the Persian Gulf be slick with Christian blood"

}
	action_b = {		#Crap#
		name = "Give tribute to the Portuguese"
		command = { type = trigger which = 21724 }
	}
}
#Zanj loses Zanzibar to Portugal#
#By Guinnessmonkey and the AGC: Persia & neighbours Team
event = {
	id = 21721
	trigger = {
		event = 3268
		NOT = {  naval = 4 }
		NOT = {  countrysize = 12 }
	}
	random = no
	country = ZAN
	name = "The Fall of Zanzibar"
	desc = "The Portuguese, having navigated their way around the Cape of Good Hope, are attempting to forcefully control the Indian Ocean spice trade, cutting us off from the riches of India and Oman.  Unless something drastic is done it would seem that the riches of Zanzibar are lost to us."
	style = 2
	offset = 60

action_a = {		#Crap#
		name = "This will only be a momentary setback"
		command = { type = secedeprovince   which = POR value = 765 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 21727 }
	}
	action_b = {		#Round 1: Fight! #
		name = "Let the Indian Ocean be red with Portuguese blood"
	}
}

#Zanj loses Zanzibar to Portugal Reversed order#
#By Guinnessmonkey and the AGC: Persia & neighbours Team
event = {
	id = 21725
	trigger = {
		event = 3268
		OR = {
			naval = 4
			countrysize = 12 
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = ZAN
	name = "The Fall of Zanzibar"
	desc = "The Portuguese, having navigated their way around the Cape of Good Hope, are attempting to forcefully control the Indian Ocean spice trade, cutting us off from the riches of India and Oman.  Unless something drastic is done it would seem that the riches of Zanzibar are lost to us."
	style = 2
	offset = 60

action_a = {		#Round 1: Fight! #
		name = "Let the Indian Ocean be red with Portuguese blood"

}
	action_b = {		#Crap#
		name = "This will only be a momentary setback"
		command = { type = secedeprovince   which = POR value = 765 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 21727 }
	}
}
The Zanj part possibly needs to be modified to take into account the changed East African setup, but other than that these events are fine.
Also, the EEP's submission of Zanj events need to be reworked, since they are geared towards a conglomerate Zanj state.

EDIT: Thinking about it, these events might be a little deterministic, and handing out a core on Mascate is sorta questionable. Perhaps it might be better to just give a core on Zanzibar and a CB on Oman and make the player/AI do the rest?

Last edited: