• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lucius Sulla

Dark Lieutenant of Sauron
52 Badges
Oct 23, 2002
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
AGC: Spain II

This thread deals with Spain and the countries that composed it, that is Castilla, Aragon, Navarra and Granada.

I will edit this first post whenever any new proposal is added, modified, in test process, or submitted. Unless stated clearly that one matter is closed, everything is open to discussion.

I still have to think of a good tag mode (colours, indications... whatever) that I will feel comfortable with, indicating the progress of the topics.

It is my intent in this thread, specially event-wise, to define turning points in the history of Spain and the kingdoms that formed Spain. I know there were a lot of events in Spanish history, but I would like only the ones that enhance historical sense in a great measure, and turning points of inner and outer policy.

(For example, I was tempted to introduce the problems with 'La Mesta', the organization of the wool exports, that made Castillian trade policy so mercantilist... but I feel this can be already reflected by the possible decissions in IP adjustment, with the standard stability hits... Same with Castillian courts, most of the revolts... etc)

This is AGC: Spain II. After the 1.06 patch several things have changed regarding Spain, and several things concerning points discussed here. After noticing in AGC: Spain I that perhaps my objective was a bit too ambitious for the moment, I will initially restrict my focus only to Castille/Spain, then to the other kingdoms that may form Spain.

Last update of this list: March 17th 2003

History:
- Adding proposal for the review of events post Spanish Succession war 17-III-2003

- Scripting for the line of events proposal for the Civil war of Castille 14-III-2003

- New AGC: Spain (second part :D). Updated all the changes that the 1.06 patch has brought to the Spanish kingdoms. 13-III-2003

- Yet more changes in the Spanish Leaders files, after finding new threads in the Spanish boards. 30-XII-2002

- Creation of the Granada (E) Chapter.
- Alvaro de Luna and Civil war events for Castille (both the one for Juan II and the one for Enrique IV 31-XII-2002

- Added links to new leaders.spa and monarchs.cas files (in chapters A.2, and B.2)
- Added a new idea for a more flavoured aragon origined Spain in C.3 2-I-2003

- More changes to Monarchs.Cas
- Issues with the capitals of Castille and Spain (in B.1, A.3 and B.3)
- (Soon to come, still looking for some additional answers) Introduction of Navarra's events, leaders, etc...
- Issues with Pyrinees provinces and events about their culture&control (C.1 and A.3) 3-I-2003

- New Remark in the chapter B.1
- Starting the D) Navarre chapter (lots of thanks to twoflower!) 7-I-2003

The objective of this thread is to be a place of polite discussion for getting a more realistic performance of Spain in the Grand Campaign.

The fields of discussion for each country will be classified in x fields:
1) Terrain values (trade goods, production&trade values, population, cultures) and initial settings
2) Leaders & Monarchs
3) Events
4) Artificial Intelligence

Each country will have a separate chapter in the list:

A) Spain
B) Castille
C) Aragon
D) Navarra
E) Granada

So, for example, B.2 will detail any proposals about Castille's leaders&monarchs. I would thank any comment or reply to be preceded by the chapter(s) it will deal with, in the tittle of the post.

A) Spain

A.1 Terrain Values and Initial Settings

Spain is not an initial country, so, nothing can be discussed here. For Terrain values, refer to the corresponding B.1, C.1 and D.1 chapters.

A.2 Leaders & Monarchs

Since in AGC Spain does not form until Carlos I, everything seems completely correct.

The leaders went through a complete correction in 1.06. While I would still have upgraded them a bit more, I feel that the changes are enough. No further correction is needed, then, unless other posters would ask for it.

A.3 Events

This is the big open field that still remains to be done.

* The aragonese claims inherited by the Spanish crown:

- The claim on Navarra is already corrected.
- The claim on Rousillion is not. Spain should inherit directly with its formation a Claim on this aragonese province, and only rennounce to it after a new event in the late XVII century (peace of the pyrenees).
- The claims on Naples. If Naples is owned by Aragon, then Spain should gain shields on it. If Naples was vassal of Aragon then it should be vassal to Spain.

* Spanish army formation events. There should be a thread of events detailing the formation of the Tercios, and its disbanding. As now the MIL stat of the king would help to repressent this, I would restrict the events to these:

- Event: Formation of the Tercios. Would have as a trigger being Spain, having both Granada and Sicily provinces (italian experience and the end of the reconquista needed). Would raise the Quality and Offensive IP sliders. Startdate from 1520 to deathdate 1600.
- Event: Defeat of the Tercios. If around 1655 Spain has not triggered the 'Repatriation of the netherlands events', Spain and its Tercios should be considered defeated, and thus the Spanish army would go through a reconversion, and starting his quick descense to the hell of bad quality (and lose of offensive impulse). This event thus, should be asleep by the 'Repatriation of the Netherlands' or by the event of Spain NOT receiving Holland (since the main cause of the defeat of the Tercios was its incredible attrition in the netherlands).

* Capital moving: The initial capital of Spain should be Toledo (it has been moved there in the Viva España event, in Castille or Aragon) and then moved to Madrid by a new event during Felipe II "The building of El Escorial".

* Spanish Succession war in 1700-1714. As discussed in this thread, there should be more events regarding the historical (Bourbon) choice and its consequences about Gibraltar, and the alternate (Habsburg) fantasy choice and its consequences for Catalonia. This has been discussed in this thread so far. Still to be developed and tested.

Line so far could be

1) Bourbon Line

- Spain chooses the Bourbons
- Events are triggered in the other countries. If England chooses to fight, they should add as core the Gibraltar province.
- If England manages to get the Rock they can keep it and change its culture to anglosaxon (Historical) or give it back to Spain.
- Spain in turn has the chance to yield the control of Gibraltar to England or decide to keep on fighting for it.
- If Spain regains control of the Rock, they will turn it back to Iberic culture.
- If England loses (or has not ever had in first place) control of Gibraltar from 1770, they lose their window of opportunity and lose the reclamation on Gibraltar.

2) Habsburg line

- Spain chooses the Habsburgs.
- Events are triggered in the other countries. If France chooses to fight, they should add as core the Gerona&Catalonia provinces (by the way... I am very conscious that this should be considered 'fantasy' type, but it is not really known what the real implications of Carlos II choosing finally the Habsburg would have been...)
- If France manages to get any of Catalonia's provinces they can grant them independence (lose the core and get them as vassals), keep them or give them back to Spain.
- Spain will not have the option to renounce to them, as will gibraltar.
- If by 1770 France does not have any of this provinces, they lose the reclamation on them.

* The conquest of the Aztecs. The new way the 'A new reconquista event' is handled should define the way the aztecs were conquered. BUT, I would like to ask if a line of events with trigger AI=yes and war with Incas and Aztecs, removing all the fortifications but the one in the capital (cuzco and zacatecas). This is very very open to discussion.

* Father Bartolome de las Casas mission. This friar nearly convinced the Spanish kings Carlos I and Felipe II of giving the colonization effort a radical change, in regards of the native mistreatment. There should be an event depicting this, which would affect deeply Spanish colonization.

* Consequences of Spain going Habsburg: For example, if Spain's line remains Habsburg, the pragmatic santion should have its possible answers reverted (Pro-Habsburg as option A). Spain should review his events to make them be logical and it should be seen if it has to react to some austrian events.

A.4 Artificial Intelligence

I will leave this to MKJ personalities AI mod.

B) Castilla

B.1 Terrain Values and Initial Settings

* After some revision, the initial doubts I had were ressolved. Better to leave things as they are now.

B.2 Leaders & Monarchs

* Carlos I should NOT govern Castille from 1506 (I think he was 6 years old at that point). He should govern from 1516/17. The monarch from the early death of Felipe I to the start of the reign of Carlos I (that should probably be as Spain) should be Cardinal Cisneros. So the list of monarchs in this period should be:

September 1506 - June 1507: Cardinal Cisneros
July 1507 - September 1516: Ferdinand of Aragon (same stats as Ferran II in Aragon monarch file)
September 1516 - November 1517: Cardinal Cisneros

B.3 Events

* Alvaro de Luna should start being the 'valid' of the king (prime minister) from the same moment he appears as a leader. There should be no option in this. The civil war should hit Castille harder. Three revolts are not enough... the civil war lasted like 5 years... it was not a casual revolt. Even when a player could take profit of this, the revolts should be concentrated and localized. There should be an event for the judgement and execution of Alvaro de Luna. Historically, Juan II ceded to the pressures of the nobility to execute his favourite... but it could have been otherwise (CORRECTION: Not worth modelling this since Juan II died less than a year after Alvaro, and Enrique IV hated Alvaro, so he would not have kept with him).

So, line of events:

- Alvaro de Luna, 'An excellent minister' event type, with a +1 to centralism and +2 to all stats until Juan II dies, this is from 1423 (January 1st with some offset) to 1453. And yes, these are 360 months, but Juan II really took Castille to the renaissance, his efforts only destroyed by his feeble son Enrique IV (called 'the impotent', by the way)
- Civil war in Castille. It should be a lot harder.

If you choose to side with Alvaro de Luna: +5 to 10 RR in the provinces that the other side used as bases for 60 months and 2 inmediate revolts in these provinces.

If you choose to side with the sons and nephews of the king: -1 stab and you lose -2 to all the kings stats until 1453 (thus taking him back down to his normal stats). And you should lose the Alvaro de Luna leader (should be something like the Gilles de Rais trial).

* The succession war between Isabel and Juana (the sister and the daughter of Enrique IV). The problem with this is that if Isabel does not reach the throne, or marry Fernando of Aragon, the consequences are so far reaching that I would only qualify as an only one option civil war, in the lines of Alvaro de Luna's civil war. Juana should have been the queen, but the pro-Isabelline party labelled her as illigitimate (and Enrique passed to the story as 'El Impotente'... I think this needs no translation).

But the options, if it is desired should be...

- The succession war. Options would be Isabel (historical) and Juana (named 'La Beltraneja' by the followers of Isabel, as she was said to be the real daughter of the Queen and Beltrán, the royal steward... who sided with Isabel, by the way):

A) First Option Isabel, -100 relations with Portugal. Should give a 12 months of Portugal against Spain. Revolts in Leon, Galicia and Extremadura.
B) Second Option Juana ('la Beltraneja'). Sleeps 'marriage of Isabel' event. +50 relations with Portugal, and dinastic with Portugal. We enter the realm of fantasy here... it should sleep all the events regarding the formation of Spain... A whole line of events could be created for a possible union with Portugal... but Spain will not form.

- The marriage of Isabel (that would replace the iberic wedding). The candidates would be Aragon (Fernando), Portugal and France.

A) Fernando of Aragon, +50 relations with Aragon, dinastic with Aragon. -25 with France and Portugal plus the adjustments in the A) option of the iberic wedding.
B) Portuguese candidate, +50 relations with Portugal, -100 with Aragon, -25 with France. Dinastic with Portugal plus all the B) option of the iberic wedding.
C) French candidate, +50 relations with France, -150 with Aragon, -50 with Portugal. Dinastic with France plus all the B) option of the iberic wedding..

Options B and C would make Spain not to form and a new lines of monarch develop after Isabel. These options are extremely risky for AI, so these two events should be AI=No (only a human player could choose them). The AI would have a different version of the castillian succession war event (with only the first option) and the standard version of the iberic wedding (with an AI=yes trigger).

B.4 Artificial Intelligence

Leaving this for MKJ personalities mod.

-------------------------------------
I am leaving chapters C,D and E for now. You can revise the first AGC: Spain for the last ideas for Aragon, Navarra and Granada.

Ah, and expect event scripting very soon!

-------------------------------------

EVENT IDs reminder:

24500 - 24549: New Spanish events (Lucius Sulla)
24550 - 24599: Mesoamerican events (Lucius Sulla)

Last edited:
I think such a monarch does not exist in the last version of the AGC castillian monarch file and Felipe I already existed there from 1504 to 1506. Before him, only Isabel I and not the Catholic kings toguether governed Castille.

Remember Spain forms from 1516 in the AGC with Carlos I, or with Cardinal Cisneros if the offset is very small for the event of the union of Spain and Aragon (which helps in avoiding, among a lot of things, a too early overcolonization and taking of the American empires).

The problem is that after Felipe I came directly Carlos I which is incorrect as you mentioned, thus the need for these small changes to the castillian monarch file.

We could go over without Cisneros first regency, but we certainly should add the second one to be able to be coherent with the Spanish monarch file.

It seems that people (Paradox) got rid of the original Cisneros leader. As I understand it he led several of the expeditions against North Africa in the early 1500's.

Well, right now I am caring more for the monarch.

Yes, he indeed did that. But I will not awake again the beast that was the Spanish leaders thread. :D

Event Line #1 - Castille

For your testing...

#Alvaro de Luna#
event = {

id = 24500
random = no
country = CAS
name = "Alvaro de Luna, the Constable of Castille"
desc = "Alvaro de Luna was Juan II of Trastamara's best friend. Having the king's influence and the command of the royal armies as constable of Castille, he assumed the duty to centralize the power of the monarchy, allying himself with the plutocrats and taking honours and privileges from the aristocracy."
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1423 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1424 }

action_a ={ #An Excellent Minister!#
name = "An Excellent Minister!"
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -1 }
command = { type = DIP which = 2 value = 360 }
command = { type = ADM which = 2 value = 360 }
command = { type = MIL which = 2 value = 360 }
}
}

#Civil War in Castile#
event = {
id = 3557
random = no
country = CAS
name = "EVENTNAME3557"
desc = "EVENTHIST3557"
style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = june year = 1438 }
offset = 150
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1444 }

action_a = { # Support Alvaro de Luna
name = "ACTIONNAME3557A"
command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
command = { type = revolt which = -3 }
command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
command = { type = revolt which = -3 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 48 value = 5 }
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
}

action_b = { # Support the sons of Ferdinand
name = "ACTIONNAME3557B"
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 190 }
command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 190 }
command = { type = MIL which = -2 value = 190 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -2 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 2 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 24501 }

}
}

#The Trial of Alvaro de Luna#
event = {

id = 24501
random = no
country = CAS
name = "The trial of Alvaro de Luna"
desc = "Juan finally ceded to the pressures of his sons and of the nobility, and in 1453 imprisoned and executed Alvaro de Luna in the charges of High Treason. It is known that he soon repented of this decision and spent his last year of life mourning the loss of his loyal friend."
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1453 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1454 }

action_a ={ #Execute him.#
name = "Execute him!"
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }

}

action_b ={ #Pardon him.#
name = "Spare his life for past services to the crown."
command = { type = stability value = -3 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }

}
}

Ah, one thing that may interest you. When I search for 'Guerra Civil de Castilla' I never ever find about Juan II and Alvaro de Luna, but about what I call the 'Castillian Succession War'.

In fact, in every history book, the struggle for the succession of Enrique IV 'The Impotent' is considered FAR more important than this war.

Well, what do you think?

PD: Do you think Alvaro de Luna should continue being a leader for Castille if the B option is chosen in the Civil war event? or do a 'Gilles de Rais' type thing?

Re: Event Line #1 - Castille

Originally posted by Lucius Sulla
Well, what do you think?

Have you checked out the events I did for Pre-Spain Iberia for the EEP?

Iberian events outline (1419-1474), rev. 0.2

Code:
[color=silver]## Castile ##

1. The coup of Enrique of Aragon (1420)	- 7101
 2. Alvaro de Luna appointed constable (1423)	- 7102
    Excellent minister (2/2/2), revoltrisk.
 3. Civil war in Castile (1438)
    (from old file)        			- 3557
 4. The fall of Alvaro de Luna (1453)		- 7103
 5. The divorce of prince Enrique (1453)	- 7104
    A small interlude to the troublesome
    reign of Enrique...
 6. The troubles of Enrique (1462-65)		- 7105
    Revoltrisk
 7. Anarchy in Castile (1465)			- 7106
    More revoltrisk...:D
 8. The pact of Guisando (1468)			- 7107
    Alfonso dies, and Enrique recognizes Isabel
    as heir over his daughter. Chaos ends.
 9. Princess Isabel marries (1469)		- 7108
    If she select Fernando: Enrique cancels
    the pact of Guisando, civil war!
9b. The Pact of Guisando cancelled by Enrique!	- 7109
10. Reconciliation of Isabel and Enrique (1474)	- 7110/7111
    Portugese invasion in support of Juana
    'la Beltraneja' (1474-79)

## Aragon ##

Flavor event: The death of Benedicto XIII	- 7201
 1. Juan of Aragon inherits Navarra (1425)	- 7202
 2. The Aragon Inheritance of Napoli (1443)     - 3555
    (from old file)
 3. The will of king Alfons (1458) (ARG & NAP)	- 7203
 4. The two crowns (1458) (Aragon & Navarra)	- 7204
 5. Civil war in Aragon (and Navarre) (1461)	- 7205
Random event: Clash with the Cortes		- 7206

## Navarra ##

1. Civil war in Navarre (and Aragon) (1461)	- 7301

## Portugal ##

1. The Social Revolution of João I (1419)
    (from old file)
 2. The Afonsine Ordinances (1446)
    (from old file)
 3. The Duke of Coimbra (1448)
    (from old file)
 4. Support Juana in Castile 			- 7401[/i][/color]

No, but I am certainly going to, they look pretty close to what I had in mind for Castille (although I am sure there will be some divergences, a pair look a touch too much deterministic)...

Are those events in the last version of the EEP?

EDIT: Checking them now, and actually blinking at how much they look like, in many ways, the ones I thought... I swear you I did not know about them before.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Lucius Sulla
No, but I am certainly going to, they look pretty close to what I had in mind for Castille (although I am sure there will be some divergences, a pair look a touch too much deterministic)...
Sure. I'm only offering them as a possible input to the discussion :)

Are those events in the last version of the EEP?

Yep.

Castile
Code:
[color=tomato]# The coup of Enrique of Aragon (1420) #

event = {
	id = 7101
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7101"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7101"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
	offset = 300

action_a = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME7101A"
	}
}

# The King's Constable (1423) #

event = {
	id = 7102
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7102"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7102"
	style = 1

date = { day = 30 month = DECEMBER year = 1422 }

action_a = { #Appoint Alvaro de Luna#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7102A"
		command = { type = ADM which = 2 value = 360 }
		command = { type = DIP which = 2 value = 360 }
		command = { type = MIL which = 2 value = 360 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 4 }
	}
	action_b = { #Appoint a less controversial candidate#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7102B"
		command = { type = ADM which = 1 value = 180 }
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 08580 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3557 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 7103 }
	}
}

# The fall of Alvaro de Luna (1453)#

event = {
	id = 7103
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7103"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7103"
	style = 1

date = { day = 22 month = june year = 1453 }

action_a = { #Enough is enough!#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7103A"
	}
}

# The divorce of prince Enrique (1453) #

event = {
	id = 7104
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7104"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7104"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = november year = 1453 }
	offset = 30

action_a = { # Divorce her  #
		name = "ACTIONNAME7104A"
		command = { type = relation which = NAV value = -100 }
	}
}
# The troubles of Enrique (1462-67) #
event = {
	id = 7105
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7105"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7105"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1462 }
	offset = 30

action_a = { #Ouch!#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7105A"
		command = { type = stability value = -4 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 3 }
	}
}

# Anarchy in Castile (1465) #
event = {
	id = 7106
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7106"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7106"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1465 }
	offset = 30

action_a = { #Double ouch!  #
		name = "ACTIONNAME7106A"
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 44 value = 3 }
	}
}

# The pact of Guisando (1468) #
event = {
	id = 7107
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7107"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7107"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = september year = 1468 }
	offset = 30

action_a = { # Isabel#	
		name = "ACTIONNAME7107A"
		command = { type = stability value = 3 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk value = -3 }
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = -100 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 7111 }
	}
	action_b = { # Juana#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7107B"
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 5 }
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = 100 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 7108 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 7110 }
	}
}

# Princess Isabel marries (1469)#
event = {
	id = 7108
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7108"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7108"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1469 }
	offset = 300

action_a = { # Fernando#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7108A"
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation which = ARG value = 200 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 7109 }
	}
	action_b = { # Afonso#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7108B"
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = 200 }
		command = { type = relation which = ARG value = -150 }
	}
	action_c = { # None#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7108C"
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ARG value = -50 }
	}
}

# The Pact of Guisando cancelled by Enrique! (1469)#
event = {
	id = 7109
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7109"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7109"
	style = 1

action_a = { # We can not accept this! #
		name = "ACTIONNAME7109A"
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 5 } #Continued revolts#
	}	
}

# Reconciliation of Isabel and Enrique (1474)#
event = {
	id = 7110
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7110"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7110"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1474 }
	offset = 300

action_a = { # Great#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7110A"
		command = { type = trigger which = 18028 }
	}
}

# Reconciliation of Isabel and Enrique (1474)#
# If Juana was preferred at Guisando         #
event = {
	id = 7111
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7110"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7111"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1474 }
	offset = 300

action_a = { # Great#
		name = "ACTIONNAME7110A"
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 18028 }
	}
}[/color]
Aragon
Code:
[color=tomato]# The death of Benedicto XIII (1423) #
# (Flavor event)                     #
event = {
	id = 7112
	random = no
	country = ARG
	name = "EVENTNAME7112"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7112"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1423 }
	offset = 300

action_a = { ##
		name = "ACTIONNAME5251A"
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 100 }
	}
}

# Juan of Aragon inherits Navarra (1425) #
event = {
	id = 7113
	random = no
	country = ARG
	name = "EVENTNAME7113"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7113"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1425 }

action_a = { # #
		name = "ACTIONNAME5848A"
		command = { type = alliance which = NAV }
		command = { type = relation which = NAV value = 400 }
	}
}

# The will of king Alfons (1458)                #
# If Aragon own Napoli, or have them as vassals #
event = {
	id = 7114
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			vassal =  { country = ARG country = NAP }
			owned = { province = 393 data = -1 }
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = ARG
	name = "EVENTNAME7114"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7114"
	style = 1

date = { day = 27 month = june year = 1458 }

action_a = { # Honor the will #
		name = "ACTIONNAME7114A"
		command = { type = independence which = NAP } #If they are annexed#
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = 400 } # If Naples already independent 
		command = { type = trigger which = 7115 } 
		command = { type = trigger which = 7118 }
	}
	action_b = { # Make Fernando swear vassalage to Juan #
		name = "ACTIONNAME7114B"
		command = { type = independence which = NAP } #If they are annexed#
		command = { type = vassal which = NAP }# If Naples already independent#
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = 400 } # If Naples already independent# 
		command = { type = trigger which = 7115 } 
	}
}

# The will of king Alfons (1458)   continued             #
event = {
	id = 7115
	random = no
	country = ARG
	name = "EVENTNAME7115"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7115"
	style = 1

action_a = { # #
		name = "ACTIONNAME5251A"
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = NAP value = 394 } #If ARG have Apulia# 
		command = { type = alliance which = NAP } 
	}
}
# The two crowns (1458) #
event = {
	id = 7116
	random = no
	country = ARG
	name = "EVENTNAME7116"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7116"
	style = 1

date = { day = 27 month = june year = 1458 }

action_a = { # #
		name = "ACTIONNAME5251A"
		command = { type = vassal which = NAV }
		command = { type = relation which = NAV value = 200 }
	}
}[/color]
Navarra
Code:
[color=tomato]# Civil war in Aragon and Navarre (1461-72) #
event = {
	id = 7119
	random = no
	country = NAV
	name = "EVENTNAME7117"
	desc = "EVENTHIST7119"
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1461 }
	offset = 300

action_a = { #Ouch!#
		name = "ACTIONNAME5251A"
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 4 }
	}
}[/color]
Portugal
Code:
[color=tomato]#Support Juana (1474)#
event = {
	id = 18028                 #Triggered by CAS 7110 or 7111#
	random = no
	country = POR
	name = "EVENTNAME18028"
	desc = "EVENTHIST18028"
	style = 1

action_a = { #Support Juana#
		name = "ACTIONNAME18028A"
		command = { type = casusbelli which = CAS value = 60 }
		command = { type = relation which = CAS value = -200 }
	}
	action_b = { #Forget it#
		name = "ACTIONNAME18028B"
		command = { type = relation which = CAS value = 100 }
	}
}[/color]

After having checked them, I must say I like them, and quite a lot... but still I would not include them as they are, basing in my own definition of the type of events I would like:

"It is my intent in this thread, specially event-wise, to define turning points in the history of Spain and the kingdoms that formed Spain. I know there were a lot of events in Spanish history, but I would like only the ones that enhance historical sense in a great measure, and turning points of inner and outer policy."

Even if Enrique's coup was indeed a political crisis and inded happened (for example), it is nothing more than a political crisis, and as such I see it under the light of the political crisis random event. Your events add a lot of colour, and a very good historic feel but still I would not include them. The possibility or the fact of a turning point in any way for the policy is what I consider correct for an event (just my personal oppinion, I warn).

I do not consider there was another choice but the appointing of Alvaro as constable. He was Juan's best friend at the time and there was no doubt in his heart for his appointing, the problems of the future for this appointment could not be seen at that moment. The revolt risk seems a bit too much at this point, according to my sources.

About the civil war, I consider it stronger but more centered... it was not that much spread, and was ressolved in two single battles.

The execution of Alvaro de Luna could have been avoided since Juan always had a lot of doubts, even nearly at the end, about it... the pardon was a real possibility, and thus he would have marked a more centralized inner policy.

About the future events of Enrique IV, I would rather center in just the succession war... your events are still quite more than correct, but I still see some of them not apporting enough to the game, the way I like it.

Oops, I just downloaded the last EEP version to check it here :)

Still, it is good the people can see them in this thread so they can compare and debate.

By the way... thanks for getting these to me! This is incredibly useful!

Ok, I consider these three events enough. Nobody has really complained...

Next: War of Succession in Castille and Isabel's Marriage.

Hi, y'all. I'm working on the AGC/EEP merger, & two ideas:

• Replace "Bankruptcy of Spain" events with a number of events forcing loans, expenditures, construction projects, military actions, aid to coreligionists to simulate why Spain ended up going bankrupt despite its massive influxes of capital. It makes more sense & is more fair to a human player who somehow manages to ride it all out better than his counterparts IRL.
  • Rework a number of the Spanish-in-America events to reflect just how impressive the actions of Cortes & Pizarro were - in game terms, what happened was that Cortes/Pizarro moved their units into Tenochtitlan/whereveritwas:) under treaties of military access & took the rulers hostage - they didn't fight 30,000 Aztec warriors on an even playing field: they slaughtered the Indians in a way the game just doesn't (& can't) replicate. IIRC, Pizarro lost no men out of 280 & killed 8-9,000 from an army of 40-60,000. The Spanish conquest of America should be *MUCH* easier and more event-controlled in its early phases (eventually there was some successful guerilla actions, esp. in Peru) than it currently is.

What do y'all think?
jay.