• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duke Leto

Captain
12 Badges
Mar 24, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
OK, I do some Modding at an undisclosed game company's forum, and I know how irritating a disoriented noob breaking in with all manner of impertinent and improbable questions is. That said the situation is confusing as all hey.

I got EUII in the COTN package from Strategy First. (Technically I bought COTN to get EUII, but that's beside the point.) I just played through my first Grand Campaign and wanted to try the AGC.

I got 1422 as England, saved for the night, and found that the load process hung at about 60% the next day.

This applied consistently to my base named save and both the autosaves.

I sent a Tech Support request to Strategy First. I got back a MAILER DAEMON error.

I double checked and none of the patches apply to me. (I think.)

I learned that AGC is a player developed MOD.

I read that zero length wars sometimes cause the problem in question, and that save games are a kind of massive XML in curly braces sort of thing.

I tried searching for zero-length wars in my named save, and found two. I made them both last a day, but this didn't help.

DOes anyone have any experience with this kind of problem?

Me too,

I have the same problem, I really like the events in the AGC but when I save I can never go back. Well maybe 1 in 10. I had the same problem when I first downloaded the AGCEEP then a mod patch seemed to fix.

OK. I've resolved the problem as follows:

If you look DEEP into the bowls of the AGCEEP forum, you'll find links to the current implementation of AGCEEP.

(The folks in question could do a bit of a better job in making the download link obvious.)

Once you install that, the problems end.

loading problems

ihad this problmes with AGC too. I downloaded the new AGCEEP from this site and the problem seems solved. I said "seems" 'cause i've never tried even in the 1550's. When i'll arrive at 1600 i'll write again to inform you.