• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(9384)

Colonel
May 19, 2002
Visit site
flag_dlh.gif
flag_bgl.gif
flag_hyd.gif
flag_ksh.gif
flag_jai.gif
flag_guj.gif
flag_mah.gif
AGC INDIA

The Basics,
India is poorly reprisented and shabbily done in EUII and has yet to have any changes from the AGC :eek: I hope to change that. India during this period is in involved with religious strife, in the south Hindu, North muslims, there is key trade routes, and a whole whack of cultures.
The nations involved in India are:
- Delhi
- Gurajat
- Jodapur
- Malwa
- Hyderabad
- Mysore
- Punjab
- Vijayanagar
- Orissa
- Benagal
- Maharattis

Other none India nations that are of interest
- Timurds
- Mugal EMpire
- Arakan

Competed Stuff:
green = decided
Sienna = Nearly There (might need more disscussion)
Yellow = Undicded

Colonization
How it is to be done

Events

Trade and Resorses
Gold Mine in Bihar Provence
----------Bihar Mine Value

Other
Who gets Santal (Arakan)
----------Bengal gets a CB on Santal
----------Santal gers a dock
Manpower

Last edited:
Tuesday October 29th

Topics
*Should Goa, Bombay and Palakimedi be controlled by nations as opposed to open for colonization for nations. If they are given to nations which ones

* I have see some evidence that Satal, Arakan provence is owned by Bengal, not the whole prove historically but the capital Chittagong

*Should Raipur get the Bengali culture as opposed to hindi.

* Should Bengal get a CB shield over Odisa,

* What provence is the city of Calcutta located in

About colonisation, it would be a good idea to make those provinces (Goa Bombay etc) colonies owned by India at the start with native agressiveness set to 0. When some conditions r met for European nations like portugal, eg portugal controlling one province in eastern or southern Africa, an event would occur increasing the native aggressivness in those provinces, thus opening those provinces for european colonisation. i think u may have heard this idea dicussed b4 in another thread. i just want to revive it coz i think colonisation of india is a big issue, since i have heard some criticisms about the AGC on this, and it might be one weakness in the AGC. once we can successsfully simulate colonisation of india, it could be a stepping stone to doing the colonisation of the east indies.

Wendsday October 30

Umesolved

*Bombay and Goa, should they be left open with less agressive natives to allow for proper EUropean colonaization or be handed to India nations

Topics
* Palkamindi to Orissa, Hyderabad or Bengal or left open for colnization

* Should Bengal have possention of Santal with a CB shield, posses it without a CB shield, let Arakan keep it, or give Bengal a CB over it and let Arakan keep it

* Events where to start what nations to begin with

* The Kingdom of Ceylon I have read about is a nation in the Colombo island should it be implimented, there were both hostile and good relations with Portugal for some events :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Gen. Wolfe

Do you really want an Anglo-Saxon, Protestant Bombay? :rolleyes:

Well no, it is possible to trigger events via population correct, now what happens is if a population is beond a certain point, more then what can grow normally in a provence that the natives can be killed off they keep their nations culture, if the natives are assimilated a event turns it back how does that sound ???

I think that every province in India should be owned by some indian state. Europeans never colonized India on great scale. Island of Goa is only small island even if loudly speaking about its authonomy nowadays. Arrival of Europeans should be resolved by forced historism events like on Persia thread where Portugal has good chance to get Zanzibar through event only. The same can be done with Goa for instance. Then some european states can get shields or even other provinces cession if needed.

Ceylon was an organized state, so it should be represented that way in the game. Holland can get shields (or vassalization or annexation) of it.

What about the Mysore provences in the south, that are lv 1 or 2 but with natives there, should they be fully colonized (pop 700 at least) or left so natives can get at them and possibly make a Mysore/Vijayanagar ai so the want to keep recolonizing those provences

events to cede provinces to europeans is a good idea, i dont want an anglosaxon protestant bombay either. dont give out too many freebies though, that would ruin the purpose of the game. just the very first ports (Goa Bombay) that got colonised for each country will do.

I believe in the MJK version we r basing our mods on we already have a nation in Ceylon called Lanka. So we should rename it to Kingdom of Ceylon or whatever.

I think what would allow everyone to be happy, is to simply make it an option in the config tool for whether the provinces are uncolonized or not. This doesn't seem like it would be a particularly difficult option to include either. :)

Originally posted by Fate
What would be stopping an American type colonial situation in India if the player desired so?
The same thing that stops them in the Paradox GC. (To wit, nothing.) I don't think this is a good solution, but I don't think the beta 1 setup is either.

My big concern about a Goa ceded to Portugal by event (as with similar proposals for Oman, Malacca, Zanzibar, and so on) is that in our fervor to help out the Portuguese AI - arguably the worst-performing in EU2 - we're stripping the play possibility away from one of the few countries that's at all challenging when played historically. Perhaps this can be resolved with an all-encompassing "Aid to Portuguese AI" config choice.

Thursday 31th

Updates,
* GUFSM flags added to the thread :D
* The best method for India open provences is to let the player decide as opposed to restricting events, an "Aid Portugal Ai" will hopefully be created soon

Topics,
* If a player selects to have the areas owned by Indian nations, they shall go to:
- Bombay to Gurajat
- Goa to Hyderabad
- Palekemendi to Orissa
for now at least unless there are objections...

* The Maharittis nation is a later forming nation in the game, but was there a soverign nation living in the area during the 1400's??? Maby they shuold get some of the Mahariti culture provences

* Event ideas, need some to start off, think religion related