• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(19706)

Recruit
Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
I've been playing the grand campaign many many times. Great game. I am, however, beginnig to tire of the predictable course of history, so I have started to create a campaign with very few historic events and leaders.
So far all countries have gained the latin tech group, and all country related events have been deleted. I am a little unclear of what to do with the rest of the events.
By the way my editor do not work (cannot initialise directdraw), so I am only modifing the files of the original grand campaign.

I would like to change several other thing however:
- how do I eliminate leaders?
- I would like to eliminate the new worlds ban on boats, but retain the ban on calavery. How do I do that?
- How do I control the frequency of random events and random leaders?
- Also I would like if core regions were lost/gained if they have not been contested for say 100 years through hostile action.
- Countries should also gain the culture of new regions after say 50 years of possesing a region with that culture or loose the culture after 50 years without a region of that culture.
- Regions should sometimes change to the state main culture.
- How do I allow all state to have all state religions?
- Stability 3 for many years should be rewarded with positive events. Any ideas? it should be an option to develop the country instead of going to war al the time.
- Is it possible to change the 10 year rule for internal policy, so that it can be change as often as one likes, but at a cost of maybe 2 levels of stability.

Ok I guess that is pretty much it. Has this not been done already? Anyway hopefully some of you experinced programmer wil assist me in this.
Thanks
Lord of Nothing, Protector of Empty Space.

are u editing the normal GC? if so, should move to scenarios forum.

- how do I eliminate leaders?
to eliminate leaders, delete the leader files inthe leader folder.

- I would like to eliminate the new worlds ban on boats, but retain the ban on calavery. How do I do that?
can eliminate both by removing the whiteman value in the country definition but dont think u can only remove one.

- How do I control the frequency of random events and random leaders?
just add more of the random event u want into the random events. but if u want to increase the frequency of the random events overall, dont think its possible. dont think its possible for random leaders either.

- Also I would like if core regions were lost/gained if they have not been contested for say 100 years through hostile action.
very hard. may be able to do it with events depending on what u mean specifically.

- Countries should also gain the culture of new regions after say 50 years of possesing a region with that culture or loose the culture after 50 years without a region of that culture.
again same thing. u have to either copy events for each and every nation or copy the events for each and every province, but not regions.

- Regions should sometimes change to the state main culture.
again u have to copy events a huge number of times for each nation and for each possible religion they may have.

- How do I allow all state to have all state religions?
each country can have only 1 state religion.

- Stability 3 for many years should be rewarded with positive events. Any ideas? it should be an option to develop the country instead of going to war al the time.
this can be done with events with the stability trigger either as a random event or copy for each and every nation.

- Is it possible to change the 10 year rule for internal policy, so that it can be change as often as one likes, but at a cost of maybe 2 levels of stability.
dont think it's possible.

Not neccisarily, you could just make a bunch of random events, IE:

IF you have a core on a random province and IF you don't own that same province, then remove the core on that province.

IF you own a province, add core to that province

IF province has state religion, convert to state culture

then just make a couple copies, maybe favoring certain domestic settings, and let the free-form fun begin ;)