• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wryun

Wreccea
14 Badges
Mar 10, 2002
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Galactic Assault
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
Sun_Zi_36 suggested that it would be useful to have a separate thread for discussing what should happen with the AGC, a discussion which sort of started here. So here it is...

My opinion: the key people in the AGC should try to put together all the beta 3 submissions, and fix up the bugs listed in the bug thread. This would be a final version (not too much new material or radical setup changes), just so that the merge between the AGC and EEP has an AGC reference point with all the latest stuff, and so people have a nice AGC to play in the months a merged project will take to put together.

MKJ has indicated very little time he could devote on AGC beta 3 and willingness to let someone takeover it, that raises some issues we have to decide for the AGC. should there be a beta 3 release ASAP to go with the merge? (i think most would say yes to this). More importantly, who would be willing to take up the burdensome job of putting beta 3 together from MKJ? (but theres difficulty here since everyone is now involved in merging already). And this raises the further question: should AGC aim at gradually folding completely into the EEP with beta 3 as its final version or should we assume that AGC will have a definite future?

i somewhat agree with wryun. merging will happen and it's probably best for the community if everything and everyone would move to the merged project after it has completed, so it would be sufficient to assume beta 3 is the final version. the problem is with trying to put it together though. i really dont have the time to devote and can only be of minor help if that is really necessary. Since all the materials are backed by consensus in the discussions i dont think that much familiarity is needed though. so wryun, u could take up the job and if a few others are willing to put in the time as well beta 3 can be released ASAP.

It could be awhile before the merger is complete and a release comes out of it, that place it would be a bad thing if all that has been done here went to waste, so I think a Beta 3 is a good idea. Since it is the last version of the AGC, we should call it 1.0 though.

By the way, does MKJ still have all the submissions? Hopefully they are not lost irretrievably. :confused:

Originally posted by Mad King James
I still have everything people have sent me

Nice to hear... maybe a good idea would be to stuff it on a website somewhere so it doesn't go MIA?

I would have volunteered a month or so ago, but I'm betatesting Victoria now, so I probably can't make the time commitment anymore.

I am no computer whizz-kid, but I will like to help in some way if I can.

I am also keen to see beta 3 (v1.0) released. So, I will give assistance if it is necessary and looked for.

Yours
A.

What exactly would one have to do to help?

Ok, I'm way too busy at the moment to do anything (not that you'd know from the amount of posting I've been doing! I need the breaks)... However, in response to Phillip V's question, here is what I think needs to happen.

Someone needs to prise MKJ's stuff away from him (the beta 3 submission), package it up, and add at least the 'removecot' events from Paradox (assuming a post-1.07 target audience; I think it's likely that the May11 beta or something very like it will become 1.08. At any rate, there's no chance of removecot disappearing). This shouldn't take too long.

People can try and fix the bugs that Korath has listed in the Bug Reporting thread; fixes should be submitted to the compiler.

Perhaps at this stage an option could be added to the configurator to include Daywalker's AI mod.

After this, the result should be run through one of the event checkers (Coder's or Recess Monkey/Chad's). The current output is at http://www.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au/~jhaggert/eu2/agcerrors (some of these errors are not errors, e.g. the badboy ones).

This 'semi-finished' product could then be bug-tested by those who've volunteered to help here.

I don't think it's a good idea to add new material or anything: something should just be pushed out with the stuff that's around at the moment, with some attempt made to fix the major bugs.

I had some time off from work last week, and did some further updating to wryun's 2.3b update. I updated the stock events (major_xxx.eue files) so they reflect the May 11 beta. I also corrected the syntax errors found by Coder's event parser. Made some tweaks to the config utility, removed the "all countries majors" option since it's obsolete, and incorporated MKJ's latest AI mod. The Hungarian inheritance was drastically changed from 1.05 to 1.07. I opted to use the Paradox events, but collected the AGC events in a single file saved under events\problem. They work fine, you just need to replace the Paradox events wholesale, since there is some ID conflicts. I was not sure if it would be appropriate to add Daywalker's AI mod, but I have run a number of tests and it works great with AGC. You do need to disable Daywalker's event #980200 where he changes Castile's tag to SPA in 1488, as this kills the AGC's Iberian inheritance sequence (since explorers have been added to Castile's leader file, this forced tag change is unnecessary with AGC). Since I use it for my own gaming, I moded Daywalker's AI files to include the User Defined country tags to the Portugal, Spain and Holland during the appropriate time periods. I also replaced Korath's bug fixes with the official Paradox fixes where appropriate.

Let me know where to send this updated package if you think it would be helpful. Also, I had a blast working on this and would be very happy to assist in incorporating any event updates.

Jim

Sounds great!

Since you seem to be familiar with what needs to be done (and have actually done something), it looks like you'd be the perfect person to integrate the stuff. After all, no-one's really leaping up and down with excitement about actually being in charge, even if they have volunteered to help... unless anyone wants to prove me wrong?

Originally posted by jpekar
I had some time off from work last week, and did some further updating to wryun's 2.3b update. I updated the stock events (major_xxx.eue files) so they reflect the May 11 beta. I also corrected the syntax errors found by Coder's event parser. Made some tweaks to the config utility, removed the "all countries majors" option since it's obsolete, and incorporated MKJ's latest AI mod. The Hungarian inheritance was drastically changed from 1.05 to 1.07. I opted to use the Paradox events, but collected the AGC events in a single file saved under events\problem. They work fine, you just need to replace the Paradox events wholesale, since there is some ID conflicts. I was not sure if it would be appropriate to add Daywalker's AI mod, but I have run a number of tests and it works great with AGC. You do need to disable Daywalker's event #980200 where he changes Castile's tag to SPA in 1488, as this kills the AGC's Iberian inheritance sequence (since explorers have been added to Castile's leader file, this forced tag change is unnecessary with AGC). Since I use it for my own gaming, I moded Daywalker's AI files to include the User Defined country tags to the Portugal, Spain and Holland during the appropriate time periods. I also replaced Korath's bug fixes with the official Paradox fixes where appropriate.

Let me know where to send this updated package if you think it would be helpful. Also, I had a blast working on this and would be very happy to assist in incorporating any event updates.

Jim

This all sounds great, BTW are any of these Mods included in the package?:

Peter Ebsen's Asian Manpower 0.9
(http://pi2r.homepage.dk/eu2/manpower/manpower_0_9_0.zip),

Peter's Wealth of India & Wealth of Persia Mods (http://pi2r.homepage.dk/eu2/scenarios/wealth.zip)

SSREM 1.0 (http://pi2r.homepage.dk/eu2/ssrem/ssrem_1_0_0.zip)

BTW How can I get this new AGC to work with MKJ's new unit Sprites and the GUSFM mod?

Keep up the good work! :)

regards

Paul

Originally posted by pgroves
BTW How can I get this new AGC to work with MKJ's new unit Sprites and the GUSFM mod?
They should not interfere, aside from any countries that the AGC provides flags/shields for... If you really want to use all the graphics from GUFSM, then unzip the GUFSM files to the AGC folder.

Originally posted by jpekar
You do need to disable Daywalker's event #980200

How do I do this? Should I just comment out the whole event in BP_cas_ai_help.txt?

where he changes Castile's tag to SPA in 1488, as this kills the AGC's Iberian inheritance sequence (since explorers have been added to Castile's leader file, this forced tag change is unnecessary with AGC). Since I use it for my own gaming, I moded Daywalker's AI files to include the User Defined country tags to the Portugal, Spain and Holland during the appropriate time periods. I also replaced Korath's bug fixes with the official Paradox fixes where appropriate.
Jim

Would it be possible for you to out up your Mods to Daywalker's AI files in the User Scenarios area as well? I'm keen to try this out with the AGC.

regards

Paul

Originally posted by pgroves
This all sounds great, BTW are any of these Mods included in the package?:

Peter Ebsen's Asian Manpower 0.9
(http://pi2r.homepage.dk/eu2/manpower/manpower_0_9_0.zip),

Peter's Wealth of India & Wealth of Persia Mods (http://pi2r.homepage.dk/eu2/scenarios/wealth.zip)

SSREM 1.0 (http://pi2r.homepage.dk/eu2/ssrem/ssrem_1_0_0.zip)

Keep up the good work! :)

regards

Paul

Re the mods, if you read the info on my original release the Asian Manpower + SSREM are in, but I didn't say anything about the wealth one (which is not in... I was going to add it to the options but was too lazy, and didn't want it as a default).

For the unit sprites, you should change the cfg/db/country.csv file as MKJ specified, then save the changes from the config app again.

As the GUFSM FAQ states, any moddir stuff will automatically use GUFSM flags/shields unless they replace them with their own. In this case, the only ones that are replaced by the agc are the PRM flag/shield (which represents a different country in the agc), and the NVG flag (identical to the GUFSM one) and the FUC shield (again identical). All the other agc shields/flags are u?? ones.

As for your question in the download thread (you really should delete the post... forum rules, y' see), just add the line you need into "The Alternative Grand Campaign.eug" file, which isn't changed by the config program.

To jpekar:
Nice work. Things to do: the NVG/FUC graphics should probably be removed, unless someone knows of a good reason why the original graphics aren't acceptable. You also might want to PM/email MKJ and try and get him to send you the Beta3 submissions. And including Daywalker's AI as an option as well as the Personalities one might be fun.