• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Garbon

Sultan d'Afrique
75 Badges
Feb 1, 2002
www.crystalempiregames.com
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Deus Vult
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
The old discussion thread was sort of large already with old conversations / I'm not sure why we didn't just have a new thread for discussions before.

Anyway, this thread is for discussing tag usages / reservations for hypothetical states.

Tags currently reserved for hypothetical states:
Updated 8/30/06

ALT Tlaxcala
AMG Armagnac
ANH Angoche
BUK Bukhara
CRG Moghulistan
KRN Cilli
PEU Peru
PIC P'urepecha
PRT Oirat
SEI British East India Company
SLO Sofala
U30-U35 reserved for Japanese breakaway states
VOL Dutch East India Company
ZAP Mixtec
ZEE Zanzibar

Last edited:
If no one has any objections, I'd like to propose tag reservations for the following states (that have been proposed many a time but several of them never got tags):

Ethiopian:
Kefa
Dawaro
Bale
Shewa

Zanj:
Sofala
Zanzibar

Mesoamerica:
Tlaxcala (only this one for now, as I don't have enough time at the moment to sort through the old thread and assess the validity of all those one provinces minors)

Also, should we remove the MAA tag? Currently its still a revolter. :confused:

On the new map, Georgia might need two more tags - for Kartli and for the princedom of Samtskhe.

almoravid said:
On the new map, Georgia might need two more tags - for Kartli and for the princedom of Samtskhe.

I think we should stay away from that discussion at the moment. That just opens a whole large can of worms that I think would be best to stay away from until we've actually adopted a new map.

Also I forgot:

It'd be nice to have a tag for Moghulistan the partner in crime to Uighuristan (which is what Chagatai would be re-named to).

The opinion of an ample majority (5 votes to 1) in the Spanish forum is that it is inappropriate to use the CAT tag for the Spanish civil war of 1705-1715 during the Spanish war of succession of 1701-1713 as I had proposed (guess who lost). There is ample precedent with the wars of religion in France, and the civil wars of England. I would like to temporarily reserve a tag, while we further discuss the issue.

If only those prefixed three letter combinations are available, I propose SHA (Spanish Habsburgs grand Alliance).

Jinnai said:
how many are left? i still would like the use of tags for Japan and Ryukyu islands.

We have 36 although perhaps about 30ish if we get the new American states. Of course, it was always going to be somewhat of a fight / a tight fit for the amount of tags you want for Japan.

I don't know how I forgot it, but I'd also like to put in a request for a tag for Angoche. It was one of the most important city states south of Kilwa (as it controlled a bunch of city states under it in a sort of vassalage) and is one of the few states that was quite competent in fighting the Portuguese.

Garbon said:
Its not been unnoticed, I'm still waiting for the explanation as to why Cilli needs as tag. ;)

Because I'm doing events connected with it? (historically, it existed only for about 20 years, but I'd like to make a fantasy extension of it)

Svantevid said:
Because I'm doing events connected with it? (historically, it existed only for about 20 years, but I'd like to make a fantasy extension of it)

An explanation of why it needs a tag, is like providing the information about why it should exist in the mod.