• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YodaMaster said:
Only problem in this event arises when Gingee is in game. Pondicherry can't be seceded in this case because it is the capital province.

Indeed. Something happened there as I had initially planned to have an annexation event for France but then I don't entirely recall why I scrapped it.

At some point we should probably make changes to the Arakan-Mughal sequence about Shah Shuja. Currently the sequence fails to point out that the Arakanese king eventually butchered Shah Shuja and his children, as well as most of his retinue.

Bordic said:
in the first event I read:"...he treated well the French monks and the tradesmen of the 'Compagnie Française des Indes Orientales' present in his kingdom". Shouldn't a FRA event deal with this before the sequence begin? Or just the Colbert event in the trigger?
De-VILLARS said:
you're right. I have already prepared this event without think of a link with Siam sequence ( :eek:o )

now i just have to find this event in the midst of my AGCEEP stuff :D

Thanks Bordic
After discussion with De-Villars, proposed change in post #113 ('Compagnie Française des Indes Orientales' event not available, at least for now):
FRA_12075 "Colbert" and FRA_3125 "Commissioning Versailles" added in trigger of AYU_120020 and action_b of FRA_3125 sleeping AYU_120020 to represent prestige/power and economical conditions for France.

Reworked Capture of Lovek sequence

Code:
#(1593-1599) [COLOR=Red]Capture of Lovek in 1594[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]Attack on Lovek[/COLOR]
event = {
	id = 120002
	trigger = {
		event = 140007 #CAM: Lovek
		[COLOR=Red]exists = CAM[/COLOR]
		[COLOR=Yellow]owned = { province = 667 data = CAM } #Khmer
		NOT = {
			war = { country = AYU country = CAM }
		}[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = AYU
	name = "EVENTNAME65142" #[COLOR=Red]Capture of Lovek in 1594[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]Attack on Lovek[/COLOR]
	desc = "EVENTHIST65142"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1593 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1599 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME65142A" #Let us attack the hated Khmers!
		command = { type = treasury value = 50 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = CAM value = 240 }
		command = { type = war which = CAM }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME120002B" #We are cowards
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = relation which = CAM value = -50 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 140008 } #CAM: Thai Threat
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 140011 } #CAM: Lovek is Captured
	}
}
#-#The Thai watched with apprehension as the Khmer began to become rich and powerful at Lovek. In 1593, they decided to strike and captured the city in 1594.

Code:
#(1593-1613) Lovek is captured
event = {
	id = 140011
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]owned = { province = 667 data = -1 } #Khmer
		control = { province = 667 data = AYU } #Khmer[/COLOR]
		[COLOR=Red]NOT = { control = { province = 667 data = CAM } }[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = CAM
	name = "EVENTNAME65143" #Lovek is Captured
	desc = "EVENTHIST65135"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = april year = 1593 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 18 month = june year = 1613 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME65135A" #We must submit to our new Thai masters
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -2 }
		command = { type = population which = 667 value = -2000 } #Khmer
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 667 value = -1 } #Khmer
		command = { type = provincetax which = 667 value = -1 } #Khmer
		command = { type = infra value = -250 }
		command = { type = trade value = -250 }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -300 }
		command = { type = breakvassal which = SPA }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = sleepevent which = 120002 } #AYU: Attack on Lovek[/COLOR]
		command = { type = trigger which = 65150 } #SPA: Lovek is Captured
	}
}
#-#The Thai have dealt a fatal blow to Cambodian independence by capturing Lovek. With the posting of a Thai military governor in the city, a degree of foriegn political control was established over the Kingdom for the first time. Cambodian chronicles decribe the fall of Lovek as a catastrophe from which the nation never fully recovered.

Last edited:
Cool. When I made those events, I was just an amateur scripter and did not fully understand triggers and conditions (still don't).

A Japanese modder has researched about small countries in SEA and written about them. Please check them as below.

LGD;Lu Chuan;;;;;;;;;;X
LGD_DESC;Lu Chuan is a Siamese kingdom which ruled around present-day northern Burma, Laos and southwestern Yunnan in China, following the fall of Tibetan-Burmese Nan Zhao and Dali kingdoms. China aimed for the region because it was a major transit point of the Southwestern Silk Road in addition to its vast gold and silver mines. After Dali collapsed by the Yuan in 1253, a Siamese kingdom called Meng Mao (Lu Chuan) emerged from their ruin. In 1335, a king called Si Han Fa, the name meant 'the king who caught the white tiger', established his capital around present-day Ruili, Yunnan. He defeated the Yuan's army and conquered neighboring nations. From the middle of the 14th century, the kingdom went into a decline. Eventually the Ming dynasty conquered the kingdom in 1449 to compensate for their loss of the Northern Silk Road for Monglian. However, remnants of the dynasty fled to Meng Yang and continued their fight.;;;;;;;;;;X

MEA;Meng Yang;;;;;;;;;;X
MEA_DESC;After the fall of Lu Chuan in 1449, the Si dynasty fled and re-established the kingdom of Meng Yang, which was based around the basin of the Irrawaddy river. The Si dynasty continued their fight against China even after the capture of Si Ji Fa so obstinately that the Ming dynasty finally accepted their independence. In the middle of the 16th century, Si Lun invaded Burmese kingdom of Ava and crowned Si Ge, his child, king. Although Meng Yang was conquered by the Burmese Taungu dynasty in 1604, a few descendants of the Si dynasty survived as local rulers and one of them helped the Konbaung dynasty in their failed Third Anglo-Burmese War in 1885. Even now their descendants lives in the southwest of Yunnan as farmers.;;;;;;;;;;X

TAU;Mu Bang;;;;;;;;;;X
TAU_DESC;Kosambi, which meant 'a production place of soft aromatic rice' in Sanskrit, was the federation of four Siamese tribes including Meng Shen Wei (Mu Bang), Meng Xing Gu, Meng Xing Se and Meng Mao (Lu Chuan). The federation was established during the 11th century and covered around present-day western Yunnan and northern Burma. Meng Shen Wei, the most powerful tribe, ruled from the middle of the Salween river to the Irrawaddy river, where is the present-day Shan province. The tribe was called Muang Pong Luang in middle-age Siamese while the Yuan dynasty recorded them as Mu Bang. During the late of the 12th century, Meng Mao got ahead Meng Shen Wei which enjoyed their peak in the middle of the 11th century. Still, Meng Shen Wei was powerful enough to help the Ming dynasty's attacks against Meng Mao in the early of the 15th century.;;;;;;;;;;X

Last edited:
A Japanese modder has researched about small countries in SEA and written about them. Please check them as below.

LGD;Lu Chuan;;;;;;;;;;X
LGD_DESC;Lu Chuan is a Siamese kingdom which ruled around present-day Burma, Laos and southwestern Yunnan in China, following the fall of Tibetan-Burmese Nan Zhao and Dali kingdoms. China aimed for the region because it was a major transit point of the Southwestern Silk Road in addition to its vast gold and silver mines. After Dali collapsed by the Yuan in 1253, a Siamese kingdom called Meng Mao (Lu Chuan) emerged from their ruin. In 1335, a king called Si Han Fa, the name meant 'the king who cought the white tiger'...

present day Burma? Wasn´t it only in the northern region of nowadays Burma and should Burma not be Birma or Myanmar?

cought --> caught

MEA;Meng Yang;;;;;;;;;;X
MEA_DESC;After the fall of Lu Chuan in 1449, the Si dynasty fleed and re-established the kingdom of Meng Yang, which based on the basin of the Irrawaddy river.

fleed --> fled

"which based on the basin of the Irrawaddy river"
better "which was based around the basin..."? I´m no native english speaker but to me it sounds better.

The Si dynasty continued their fight against China even after the capture of Si Ji Fa so obstinately that the Ming dynasty finally accepted their independence.

Is "si dynasty" plural? Or should it better be "continued it´s fight against..."?

@ConjurerDragon
Thank you for your comment!
present day Burma? Wasn´t it only in the northern region of nowadays Burma and should Burma not be Birma or Myanmar?
The current local government calls themselves as Myanmar but some countries including UK and USA refuse it and use "Burma" while EU uses both names.
It can be "Myanmar" but it may depend on AGCEEP's standard which I don't know so well.

Is "si dynasty" plural? Or should it better be "continued it´s fight against..."?
I think "dynasty" can be regarded as a collective noun and you can use it as plural. But I'm not a native speaker too, so I'm not confident about it.

And then, I've collected some parts of the original suggestion as you pointed out using green. Thank you!

P.S. Sorry I have multi-posted it on FTG-AGCEEP forum:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444496

Last edited: