• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Same remark as for the proposed event between Spain and Netherlands: what if Russia and Poland are allied or Poland vassal of Russia?

And what about very good relations as Third Angel wrote for the Spanish event?

Same remark as for the proposed event between Spain and Netherlands: what if Russia and Poland are allied or Poland vassal of Russia?

And what about very good relations as Third Angel wrote for the Spanish event?

i agree we can add a trigger on how relations are ( i asked if zero is ok) , but ...........a vassal is hard to swallow. IMO being a vassal is a servant of a superior nation, most times unwanted by the inferior state but needed to stay alive.

Allied situation should not be required, sometimes allies joined for necessity against a superior common enemy ie, FRA, ENG and HOL against SPA in the 17th century

I don't see why Russia would DoW Poland if Poland is already vassal of Russia (and could be annexed this way). We never know... Maybe timespan of the event (1632-1638) could be extended then.

Ok, condition for an alliance can be useless.

We could have relations below 75 as condition (instead of 0 only).

EDIT: with (NOT ("vassal" AND "relations > 25") AND "relations <= 75"), even Poland as vassal with low relations could be targeted.

Last edited:
I don't see why Russia would DoW Poland if Poland is already vassal of Russia (and could be annexed this way). We never know... Maybe timespan of the event (1632-1638) could be extended then.

Ok, condition for an alliance can be useless.

We could have relations below 75 as condition (instead of 0 only).

EDIT: with (NOT ("vassal" AND "relations > 25") AND "relations <= 75"), even Poland as vassal with low relations could be targeted.

Ok, with the trigger of not to fire if POL is a vassal of RUS, since this is a RUS event

hmm on your EDIT...........an angry RUS demanding one of its core lands seems justified

Looks like no conclusion was reached. Could we then agree about that: the event should not fire if POL and RUS are allied or if POL is a vassal of RUS.

It could fire if RUS is a vassal of POL with low relations, say 50 or 0 (that could be discussed), or if RUS and POL (not vassals) have relations below 75 or 100, not sure about the value here either.

This could go for the SPA-HOL situation in the other thread, as it is basically the same event. This would look like this:
Code:
NOT = {
	alliance = { country = RUS country = POL }
	vassal = { country = RUS country = POL }
	AND = {
		relation = { country = POL data = 50 }
		OR = {
			vassal = { country = POL country = RUS }
			relation = { country = POL data = 100 }
		}
	}
}
There should also be a breakvassal command so that RUS breaks its vassalization to POL. Also, why is there no option B?

Looks like no conclusion was reached. Could we then agree about that: the event should not fire if POL and RUS are allied or if POL is a vassal of RUS.

i agree

It could fire if RUS is a vassal of POL with low relations, say 50 or 0 (that could be discussed), or if RUS and POL (not vassals) have relations below 75 or 100, not sure about the value here either.

yes to .........if RUS is a vassal of POL .....and
I agree on no criteria (relations) if RUS and POL and no alliance or vassal of each other

This could go for the SPA-HOL situation in the other thread, as it is basically the same event. This would look like this:
NOT = {
alliance = { country = RUS country = POL }
vassal = { country = RUS country = POL }
AND = {
relation = { country = POL data = 50 }
OR = {
vassal = { country = POL country = RUS }
relation = { country = POL data = 100 }
}
}
}
my change in red

There should also be a breakvassal command so that RUS breaks its vassalization to POL. Also, why is there no option B?

not required IMO as there is no need, the area is a core of RUS , what do you expect RUS to do

As for the HOL-SPA event, SPA only recognized the dutch republic in 1648 , thats 80 years of warfare. maybe the -400 relation is too much , but we can test on this.